Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Expat Friendly v St Patrick's Day. 17:44 - Mar 10 with 1057 viewsBoston

Patrick wins.

Apologies, not going to be posting any Sunderland vids as Mrs Boston has lined up a Paddy's Day shindig, starting here....

I'll be taking a look at Pearl Harbor, whatever's left of Maui and of course, hunt down the name taking idol of Keith Stroud and all the men in black.

I've signed herself up for surfing lessons, if Brian has any recommendations re boards, barring super glue on the bottom of her feet, let me know, will ya?

[Post edited 10 Mar 17:47]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Expat Friendly v St Patrick's Day. on 07:47 - Mar 13 with 798 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Just seen this now, Boston.

The best advice on boards has always been to go big, look for length and a deep board throughout. If your parther is only learning then all she'll want to do is stand up eraly and as often as possible.

For that she'll need a board with lots of floatation.

After that, standing is simple. Forget the showy "jump up and land with both feet simulatenously and hands out like Al Jolson" look.

Lying down, paddle like fugg (PLF) until the wave has caught you

1) Hold onto the sides with both hands
2) Back(leash) foot on the board
3) Front foot as far forward as possible
4) Then, and only then take the hands off.

The four steps can be counted out slowly in the head, to any 4/4 beat.
(Practice on the beach for five minutes.)

She'll be standing in no time.
And the style will come soon afterwards.

Have a great time. Home of surfing. Hit the North Shore.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Expat Friendly v St Patrick's Day. on 08:11 - Mar 13 with 754 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I have a thing for visiting war memorial sites and notwithstanding the horrendous spelling error, Pearl Harbo(u)r is one of the standout sites I have visited.

However, when I went, way back when Boston was probably still Wembley, I met this Irish couple the night before in a bar, who were on the first night of their honeymoon. When I bumped into them the next day at Pearl Harbo(u)r, the groom was chundering his guts up in the toilets. When I asked as to his health and wellbeing he replied, 'You English fecker!' before he returned to chundering. He eventually exited the toilet the colo(u)r of death and went back to his hotel, having not ventured to the Arizona!

I turned to face several disgusted senior citizens, bedecked in t-shirts and/or baseball caps displaying various allegiances to parts of the US military machine and offered, 'Bad food poisoning, he's from Ireland.'

Consequently Boston, up to you to repair the damage as best you can. Enjoy it, as the US Navy really do a great job. However, if possible, can you bring a brush and paint 'u' where it's needed most.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Expat Friendly v St Patrick's Day. on 10:45 - Mar 13 with 645 viewscyprusmel

Live long and drink well Boston.
Thank you for what you do for us.
Expat Friendly v St Patrick's Day. on 12:52 - Mar 13 with 541 viewscharmr

It’s a liong way from the east coast. You leave the west coast and and still a while to go. Middle of the fing ocean.

Lush does not do it enough justice to describe the place. Amazing place all of Hawaii.

Wife was an educator for Paul Mitchel and they hold there gatherings there most years.

Can’t believe I was so lucky to ever see the place, twice.
Expat Friendly v St Patrick's Day. on 12:56 - Mar 13 with 529 viewsMonkey_Roots

Just put her in a bikini and film it - do you have 'You've been framed' over there?

It's got to be worth $500?
Expat Friendly v St Patrick's Day. on 13:59 - Mar 13 with 463 viewsBoston

Expat Friendly v St Patrick's Day. on 07:47 - Mar 13 by BrianMcCarthy

Just seen this now, Boston.

The best advice on boards has always been to go big, look for length and a deep board throughout. If your parther is only learning then all she'll want to do is stand up eraly and as often as possible.

For that she'll need a board with lots of floatation.

After that, standing is simple. Forget the showy "jump up and land with both feet simulatenously and hands out like Al Jolson" look.

Lying down, paddle like fugg (PLF) until the wave has caught you

1) Hold onto the sides with both hands
2) Back(leash) foot on the board
3) Front foot as far forward as possible
4) Then, and only then take the hands off.

The four steps can be counted out slowly in the head, to any 4/4 beat.
(Practice on the beach for five minutes.)

She'll be standing in no time.
And the style will come soon afterwards.

Have a great time. Home of surfing. Hit the North Shore.

Mrs Boston is a little wary of the surfing, she doesn't like seafood, as in she doesn't want to be a snack for something in the water.

Aside from that, she was born with natural flotation devices.

Rock a hula.
[Post edited 13 Mar 14:00]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Expat Friendly v St Patrick's Day. on 18:00 - Mar 13 with 360 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Expat Friendly v St Patrick's Day. on 13:59 - Mar 13 by Boston

Mrs Boston is a little wary of the surfing, she doesn't like seafood, as in she doesn't want to be a snack for something in the water.

Aside from that, she was born with natural flotation devices.

Rock a hula.
[Post edited 13 Mar 14:00]

The main beach in Honolulu definitely has loads of lifeguards on it, Boston. Hopefully she'll feel safe there.

I think some of the North Shore beaches do, too, but maybe not as many.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024