Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does time exist 23:53 - Mar 22 with 4300 viewsqprxtc

Is it just a human concept of measuring life and railway timetables. Do Martians know about daylight saving times?

We spin around thexsun and then the sun explodes. What a git.

And pubs still. Lose at 11pm.

You only get what you give. What a song.

This whole damn world can fall apart. And it will.

A good man always knows his limitations.

Time for bed Zebedee
Does time exist on 10:38 - Mar 29 with 182 viewshubble

Does time exist on 08:08 - Mar 29 by dmm

Has the theoretical physicist, Carlo Rovelli, been referenced in this thread yet? I've enjoyed several of his books and he has written one on time called The Order of Time.

He says time is an illusion and our perception of its flow doesn’t correspond to physical reality, including Isaac Newton’s picture of a universally ticking clock and even Albert Einstein’s relativistic space-time.

Theoretical physics is heady stuff. I don't grasp much of it's complexities but, after all, it is theoretical and the physicists themselves don't agree with each other. It's all fascinating stuff nonetheless.

He's been referenced by me David, but not acknowledged as such. If anyone wants to attempt to understand quantum physics, Rovelli's your man. I've read (and reread) three of his books, and I think I've got a basic grasp of it now. His book 'Helgoland' is a good place to start.

Also, funnily enough, I was going to say something about the Newtonian view of the universe, because it seems to me, despite it being utterly outdated (in more ways than one), this is still how most people view the world, the solar system, the cosmos and the nature of reality.

Although I'd like to say 'it's time to move on from Newton, folks!', what is clear is that for the majority, reality is still narrative based (In the beginning was the word), and the Newtonian view of reality lends itself to that perspective.

[Post edited 29 Mar 10:41]

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024