Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread 14:20 - Mar 27 with 31951 viewsMonkey_Roots

There is a phenomena of criminals returning to the crime scene to observe how their handiwork is dealt with. In some cases the perpetrators are thought to experience a kind of perverse thrill, reliving the crime and experience over again in their mind.

And so, Laird and Roberts - the Brum Bandits – the arsonists who burnt season 22/23 to the ground, return to the scene of their horrific crimes to sift through the ashes to see if there is any trace evidence left behind of their time at Loftus Road. Maybe they will revel in the looks of horror on the faces of the gathering masses, or the shaking of the heads from hardened veterans who thought they had seen everything, but were shocked at what they saw inside?

The looks of horror though are to be found on their own faces as they cross the line and lay eyes upon a very different scene... this is definitely not what they were expecting.

There are no chalk outlines in the shape of Gareth Ainsworth or Neil Critchley, no sobbing loved ones desperately clutching at a soiled Tyler Roberts shirt, or a dumbstruck forensic accountant trying to justify how they were duped into spending money on absolute toss... No, The scene is, well, lovely and green... the faces are a mixture of hope and happiness... the site isn't a vacuous, charred mess... the manager is commanding, strong and looks like he knows exactly what he's doing.

Panic sets in, it wasn't supposed to be this way!

In unison, already fresh out of ideas of what to do next, like muscle memory, what happens to Laird and Roberts when faced with uncertainty or difficulty, happens again - they both sit down and shake their heads... 'It's the calf again guv' is barely audible above the din from the masses who aren't even booing, they're laughing... and Laird and Roberts, as they trudge off the pitch give a faint clap as some kind of acknowledgment. This is rejected though, the people vs Laird and Roberts is over, the judgement was passed down - they were found guilty, although they felt none, and sentenced to a career of nothingness.

3 to the R's - 1 to the Arsonists.

Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 15:05 - Mar 27 with 5929 viewsenfieldargh

We havnt scored 3 in a game this season, now is a good time to chalk that one up

(1-1)

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 15:15 - Mar 27 with 5888 viewsTheChef

Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 15:05 - Mar 27 by enfieldargh

We havnt scored 3 in a game this season, now is a good time to chalk that one up

(1-1)

We scored four against Stoke.

Or do you mean three goals exactly?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 17:25 - Mar 27 with 5740 viewscolinallcars

If we lose this, I'm off to France for a break.
Paris has a way of making you forget (Leslie Caron).
Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 17:32 - Mar 27 with 5728 viewsMrSheen

Don’t have it in me to boo current or former players (not called Mark Hateley), so just looking forward to a nice comfy pushover.

0-1
Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 17:42 - Mar 27 with 5688 viewsWegerles_Stairs

They're crap. Start on the front foot and keep going. They're crap. None of this p***ing around at the start with Begovic and the defenders finding ways to give them the ball, conceding an early goal and then having to chase the game. They're crap. Nearly half their team are our cast-offs - how easy do you want this to be? Sanderson gets a red card. Laird is subbed with a twinge. Roberts comes on and looks disinterested. 3-0.
Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 17:58 - Mar 27 with 5654 viewsAndybrat

You know if the 12th man is as committed as he/ she was for the WBA game I see a convincing victory. Clive in your preview u need to make this point again and again. I get the 12th man/ woman was still emotionally knackered for the Boro game which contributed to the result. So if it’s 11 against 12 we win 3-1
Noise we need noise
Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 18:33 - Mar 27 with 5576 viewsLazyFan

I worry the appearance of Charity Park Rangers will appear again.
Roberts to score as Laird does a number on Paal.

Can we force them to play Dozy?

Has anyone seen Remy?

zzzzzzzzzz

Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 20:28 - Mar 27 with 5399 viewsDorse

Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 17:58 - Mar 27 by Andybrat

You know if the 12th man is as committed as he/ she was for the WBA game I see a convincing victory. Clive in your preview u need to make this point again and again. I get the 12th man/ woman was still emotionally knackered for the Boro game which contributed to the result. So if it’s 11 against 12 we win 3-1
Noise we need noise

To be clear, that noise should not be the sound of sobbing or furious butt slapping.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Login to get fewer ads

Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 21:04 - Mar 27 with 5327 viewsdmm

It could be a difficult match. Rowett will likely have Brum playing deep and on the break, and we often don't do well in games like that.

So we must start brightly with pace and purpose, and use the nous of our experienced players to break Brum down. Score early - at least in the first half - then go in at HT without conceding and we could see a relatively comfortable win. 2-0 to my team.
Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 21:06 - Mar 27 with 5317 viewsAndybrat

Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 20:28 - Mar 27 by Dorse

To be clear, that noise should not be the sound of sobbing or furious butt slapping.

Correct Dorse

COYRs would definitely be one of my choices.

A mentioning of the “ White City” would also go down well as would happy tears.
Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 21:24 - Mar 27 with 5254 viewsDorse

Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 21:06 - Mar 27 by Andybrat

Correct Dorse

COYRs would definitely be one of my choices.

A mentioning of the “ White City” would also go down well as would happy tears.

Got to say, watching the stream for the Leicester game and hearing COYRs coming through very loud and very clear gave me chills. Support this season has been epic.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 22:43 - Mar 27 with 5176 viewscolinallcars

The witching hour is no longer midnight but 3pm on Friday.
I'm as restless as a willow in a windstorm.
Hey, that's not bad is it ? Sadly not original but can't remember where it's from.
Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 00:45 - Mar 28 with 5064 viewsjonath1

Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 22:43 - Mar 27 by colinallcars

The witching hour is no longer midnight but 3pm on Friday.
I'm as restless as a willow in a windstorm.
Hey, that's not bad is it ? Sadly not original but can't remember where it's from.

https://rodgersandhammerstein.com/song/state-fair/it-might-as-well-be-spring/
Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 01:01 - Mar 28 with 5051 viewsenfieldargh

Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 15:15 - Mar 27 by TheChef

We scored four against Stoke.

Or do you mean three goals exactly?

Treize tresse sam dry San Kolme thalaata shalosh set tiga trzy ekolu tria

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 07:49 - Mar 28 with 4886 viewscolinallcars

Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 00:45 - Mar 28 by jonath1

https://rodgersandhammerstein.com/song/state-fair/it-might-as-well-be-spring/

Yes, that's it…I have a recording by Astrud Gilberto
Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 08:59 - Mar 28 with 4773 viewsTheChef

Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 01:01 - Mar 28 by enfieldargh

Treize tresse sam dry San Kolme thalaata shalosh set tiga trzy ekolu tria

Bless you.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 09:14 - Mar 28 with 4739 viewsMetallica_Hoop

2-1 Rangers

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 10:41 - Mar 28 with 4613 viewsPlanetHonneywood

The public having spoken for Spaceman in their droves, you chaps have been a credit to yourselves, this forum, even this club, in the way you've handled the transition of power. You've been top-top boys, exemplary.

Like those who signed up in 1914 and 1939 or Antonín Panenka stepping up to take a penalty, you've stood up to be counted Monkey. And it's not gone unnoticed!

Fair fcuks to you for having los cajones, and to Spaceman for stepping aside. To have such gallantry among our brethren, and at this stage of the season with so much riding on the outcome, speaks volumes.

I think I speak for all when I say, bonne chance Monsieur Singe.

The ship feels steady...ish!!

'Kin 'ave it!
[Post edited 28 Mar 16:57]

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 12:33 - Mar 28 with 4470 viewscolinallcars

I think the Loft will suck the ball into the net a couple of times to give us a two nothing.
Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 13:56 - Mar 28 with 4331 viewsLongRanger

I think Rowett coming in will be good for us, will ensure we aren't complacent and he will be so focussed on making them hard to beat, that they'll offer little threat, therefore we go at them from the off, get the place rocking like WBA and get an early goal which should be priceless and break their spirit...2-0 Rangers
Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 15:25 - Mar 28 with 4185 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 12:33 - Mar 28 by colinallcars

I think the Loft will suck the ball into the net a couple of times to give us a two nothing.

No sucking balls from the Loft or elsewhere until after the final whistle please!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!

Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 15:50 - Mar 28 with 4130 viewskensalriser

More like we're going to suck and Birmingham will put two in the Loft end.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 16:57 - Mar 28 with 3982 viewsNorthantsHoop

I am going to be positive about this one, take the game to them early doors get ahead and should be a nice 2-0 win.
Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 16:58 - Mar 28 with 3978 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 15:50 - Mar 28 by kensalriser

More like we're going to suck and Birmingham will put two in the Loft end.

Surely you'll have enough time to spit it out.

Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 17:07 - Mar 28 with 3945 viewsthemodfather

right, form is on our side, huge support and some confidence too. but we have been here before, many times this season, where the oppo turn up and we expect the lord mayors show to witness disaster, always v teams around us.
we must control these games and take points off the oppo,
de ja vu? the team has visibly improved and we have all seen that , nervy 2-1 qpr win. a real long good friday job !
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024