Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread 14:20 - Mar 27 with 32181 viewsMonkey_Roots

There is a phenomena of criminals returning to the crime scene to observe how their handiwork is dealt with. In some cases the perpetrators are thought to experience a kind of perverse thrill, reliving the crime and experience over again in their mind.

And so, Laird and Roberts - the Brum Bandits – the arsonists who burnt season 22/23 to the ground, return to the scene of their horrific crimes to sift through the ashes to see if there is any trace evidence left behind of their time at Loftus Road. Maybe they will revel in the looks of horror on the faces of the gathering masses, or the shaking of the heads from hardened veterans who thought they had seen everything, but were shocked at what they saw inside?

The looks of horror though are to be found on their own faces as they cross the line and lay eyes upon a very different scene... this is definitely not what they were expecting.

There are no chalk outlines in the shape of Gareth Ainsworth or Neil Critchley, no sobbing loved ones desperately clutching at a soiled Tyler Roberts shirt, or a dumbstruck forensic accountant trying to justify how they were duped into spending money on absolute toss... No, The scene is, well, lovely and green... the faces are a mixture of hope and happiness... the site isn't a vacuous, charred mess... the manager is commanding, strong and looks like he knows exactly what he's doing.

Panic sets in, it wasn't supposed to be this way!

In unison, already fresh out of ideas of what to do next, like muscle memory, what happens to Laird and Roberts when faced with uncertainty or difficulty, happens again - they both sit down and shake their heads... 'It's the calf again guv' is barely audible above the din from the masses who aren't even booing, they're laughing... and Laird and Roberts, as they trudge off the pitch give a faint clap as some kind of acknowledgment. This is rejected though, the people vs Laird and Roberts is over, the judgement was passed down - they were found guilty, although they felt none, and sentenced to a career of nothingness.

3 to the R's - 1 to the Arsonists.

Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 17:47 - Mar 29 with 2933 viewsQPROslo

Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 17:30 - Mar 29 by Discodroids

I can confirm that by computating on my 3-axis accelerometer, my 3-axis gyroscope and my 3-axis magnetometer pinpointed at the center mass of the ball where Jimmy put his foot through it, The spin rate and prodigious swerve was 24% greater than Liam Brady's strike at Spurs 1978.

Magic.
[Post edited 29 Mar 17:33]

Right you are, of course! And what a way to win such an important game. I didn't think we played too well, lacked our normal fluidity in our attacking play. But great our 2 big defenders rescued us at both ends today, and with a Begovic assist for Jimmy's!
Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 17:47 - Mar 29 with 2931 viewssaxbend

Not a great game. Birmingham were absolutely dreadful and we allowed them to be unpunished for the most part. But blimey what a climax and what a goal! You Rs!
Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 17:48 - Mar 29 with 2908 viewsrbee

Not sure how we won that game but all that matters is we did. Feared the worst after Birmingham scored as we were fluffing all of our chances. Too many times we have failed to win our 'must win' games but today we did so well done to the lads.

Only negative for me is how much we missed Hayden after he went off, it was immediate. I hope his shoulder is ok.
Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 17:48 - Mar 29 with 2906 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I thought Jimmy was Dunne, bereft of confidence, injured.

"play right back, ok boss I'll give it a go" The best since Kyle Walker so far.

Brilliant.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 17:53 - Mar 29 with 2801 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 16:55 - Mar 29 by Bluce_Ree

SET COCKS TO W@NK!

An assist from Begovich too haha .Look at Joe Hodge after the net bulges he just puts his hands on his head in shock .
Nobody deserves it more than the QPR fans who turn up game after game and suffered through such crap this year to this extacy what a great day
Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 17:54 - Mar 29 with 2758 viewsQPunkR

Never mind his long-awaited call-up to the Brazil squad, Jimmy Dunne now needs promotion to sainthood!

QPR - "shit but local"

Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 17:54 - Mar 29 with 2758 viewsNortholt_Rs

I’ve got no shins left. Magical day! It’s why we all love this football club.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 17:58 - Mar 29 with 2720 viewsLblock

Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 17:48 - Mar 29 by rbee

Not sure how we won that game but all that matters is we did. Feared the worst after Birmingham scored as we were fluffing all of our chances. Too many times we have failed to win our 'must win' games but today we did so well done to the lads.

Only negative for me is how much we missed Hayden after he went off, it was immediate. I hope his shoulder is ok.

What was that? Seventh time of asking? And finally….. FINALLY…… we win a must win game down there to help us and hinder a rival.

The results turned for us in the last 10 mins

Thought we were stodgy for large parts
Pleas Saint Marti play Armstrong from the start on Monday - he is the only forward we have that actually concerns defenders

Now….. Sir James Dunne
You fuggin big beautiful Irish man…. Take a bow Sor, take a bloody bow

Onwards - 3 more must win games with that result at the end of them and happy days

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Login to get fewer ads

Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 18:02 - Mar 29 with 2653 views89_50

Zidunne giving us all a Dom Ball moment that we were robbed of during the pandemic. And it was glorious.
Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 18:04 - Mar 29 with 2612 viewsStanisgod

Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 17:48 - Mar 29 by rbee

Point with the Hayden injury is if that thick ref hadn't have fell for the no 3s plain play acting, stopped the game with us having the ball well in their half, then pushed us back to almost the penalty area with the drop ball,that would not have happened.
There is so much at stake in these games and yet week after week it's the same Sunday league standard of refs.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 18:58 - Mar 29 with 2225 viewsted_hendrix

Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 10:33 - Mar 29 by ted_hendrix

Leaving In 20 minutes, just waiting for me Lad (the chauffeur) to turn up.

Fingers crossed, I'd kill for a clean sheet today.

Oh dear..................

wahey, just got home. some very and I mean very excessive Man hugs took place In the lower loft.
Jimmy Dunne MOTM by a Country mile.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 18:59 - Mar 29 with 2219 viewshubble

Just back... Not going to read the whole thread, but Christ on a tricycle WHAT a goal from Jimmy Dunne. He was already my MOTM but that has catapulted him into Sainthood. Apart from that and our equaliser, obv, I thought we were not really at the races for much of that game. How many chances and passes did Andersen spurn? How many punts upfield from the normally excellent Cook that went nowhere? And then that miss from Willock. In a way, we got out of jail free today, but... Who cares? We only went and fckin won it! Popped into the C&S briefly afters, after bumping into an old mate on Blomfontein Road; happy, happy vibes and sheer bloody relief. URRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSS!

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 19:00 - Mar 29 with 2213 viewsStreathamRanger

Not the greatest game but that goal will love with us all for many a year. My son's been to plenty of games but I think that was the first time he's experienced an iconic QPR moment. They don't come around too often but when they do, my god, they're special.
Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 19:28 - Mar 29 with 2098 viewsrbee

Blackburn 0 v Ipswich 1
Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 19:29 - Mar 29 with 2095 viewsconnell10

Jimmy Jimmy ohhhhhhh Jimmy oooooh U R,ssss

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 19:46 - Mar 29 with 1975 viewsBurnleyhoop

Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 17:29 - Mar 29 by Wegerles_Stairs

Thought Jimmy was our MOTM before that but wow, what a moment. He really has been magnificent since going to right-back.

Agree, motm before scoring that humdinger. Won every ball in the air from Begovic clearances as well.

Chair, Willock and Anderson all off form today and they all missed clear cut chances. Hope they pull their collective fingers out against Swansea.
Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 20:06 - Mar 29 with 1862 viewsaston_hoop

Messiah

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 20:11 - Mar 29 with 1826 viewskensalriser

Just watched the highlights, looks like Cook's goal was via a deflection.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 20:23 - Mar 29 with 1712 viewsMalintabuk

Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 20:11 - Mar 29 by kensalriser

We were right along the line with that in SA and I thought it was going wide until that deflection....
Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 20:59 - Mar 29 with 1548 viewsTomS

Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 20:11 - Mar 29 by kensalriser

Definitely. We got lucky, but luck normally balances out over a season, so on the odd occasion we get moments like that. Savour it, because we get unlucky moments on occasion too.
Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 21:04 - Mar 29 with 1510 viewsMonkey_Roots

Clive said on the pod this week that he was waiting for a big ‘something’ to go our way before starting believe that we could survive this year… that big something was Jimmy Dunne.

I cannot fathom the turnaround in Jimmys performances… it’s not even his natural position, and he has just stepped the fųck up and done something like that to complete a wonderful comeback. It’s Jimmy Dunne too - when the going got tough in recent times, you could question his ability, his form, but not his heart or effort. I’m so happy it’s him that done that today, in what was a must win game. I will long remember that moment.

You R’s
Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 21:12 - Mar 29 with 1432 viewsMonkey_Roots

I also want to mention the moment after they scored with Laird and Roberts giving it gestures and chest thumping… they don’t owe us anything, but I’m so happy they went away empty handed today - that would have been a bitter pill to have to swallow if they had of gone away with 3 points in their pocket.

Wonderful :)
Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 21:51 - Mar 29 with 1210 viewsHayesender

Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 09:29 - Mar 29 by Hayesender

Just leaving the house now, and I've gotta be honest, I'm feeling quite anxious about today. A few beers would sort me out, but I'm under doctors orders to knock it back a bit. Oh the dilemma

Just got in. My doctor can do one tonight

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 21:58 - Mar 29 with 1165 viewsSuperhoops2808

Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 21:51 - Mar 29 by Hayesender

Just got in. My doctor can do one tonight

That head is gonna hurt in the morning Dave.... But all worth it
Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 22:02 - Mar 29 with 1144 viewsfraserc

Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 17:53 - Mar 29 by CLAREMAN1995

An assist from Begovich too haha .Look at Joe Hodge after the net bulges he just puts his hands on his head in shock .
Nobody deserves it more than the QPR fans who turn up game after game and suffered through such crap this year to this extacy what a great day

Sorry to be a pedant, but it is Chair with hands on head. Hodge didn't come on. In fact, Chair didn't take his hands off his head until he congratulated Dunne for the goal. I still can't believe it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024