Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread 14:20 - Mar 27 with 32240 viewsMonkey_Roots

There is a phenomena of criminals returning to the crime scene to observe how their handiwork is dealt with. In some cases the perpetrators are thought to experience a kind of perverse thrill, reliving the crime and experience over again in their mind.

And so, Laird and Roberts - the Brum Bandits – the arsonists who burnt season 22/23 to the ground, return to the scene of their horrific crimes to sift through the ashes to see if there is any trace evidence left behind of their time at Loftus Road. Maybe they will revel in the looks of horror on the faces of the gathering masses, or the shaking of the heads from hardened veterans who thought they had seen everything, but were shocked at what they saw inside?

The looks of horror though are to be found on their own faces as they cross the line and lay eyes upon a very different scene... this is definitely not what they were expecting.

There are no chalk outlines in the shape of Gareth Ainsworth or Neil Critchley, no sobbing loved ones desperately clutching at a soiled Tyler Roberts shirt, or a dumbstruck forensic accountant trying to justify how they were duped into spending money on absolute toss... No, The scene is, well, lovely and green... the faces are a mixture of hope and happiness... the site isn't a vacuous, charred mess... the manager is commanding, strong and looks like he knows exactly what he's doing.

Panic sets in, it wasn't supposed to be this way!

In unison, already fresh out of ideas of what to do next, like muscle memory, what happens to Laird and Roberts when faced with uncertainty or difficulty, happens again - they both sit down and shake their heads... 'It's the calf again guv' is barely audible above the din from the masses who aren't even booing, they're laughing... and Laird and Roberts, as they trudge off the pitch give a faint clap as some kind of acknowledgment. This is rejected though, the people vs Laird and Roberts is over, the judgement was passed down - they were found guilty, although they felt none, and sentenced to a career of nothingness.

3 to the R's - 1 to the Arsonists.

Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 17:07 - Mar 29 with 2978 viewsJAPRANGERS

Fkin hell, 2 am here and I think I woke everybody up in my apartment block with my shouts and screams at Dunne's goal!
Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 17:08 - Mar 29 with 2970 viewsSpaceman_P

The team needs MORE work though guys. Jimmy got us over the line.

But some serious stuff needs to be dealt with before Monday.

Chair, Willock, Andersen were all off pace today.

Monday, Smyth needs to start.
Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 17:08 - Mar 29 with 2954 viewssuperstan

Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 17:03 - Mar 29 by Juzzie

Apart from Stoke I’d say all the results went our way. I’ll take that.

Jeez, what a crazy day.

You R’ss!

By Stoke beating Hull could work in our favour, as by the time we play Hull looking at their fixtures they could be on the beach.
Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 17:09 - Mar 29 with 2908 viewsQPsyR

Amazing result :-)

FKA AcidPixie

Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 17:11 - Mar 29 with 2779 viewsSpaceman_P

Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 17:13 - Mar 29 with 2675 viewspeterlund_dk

Chest - bang - YESSSS!!!
Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 17:14 - Mar 29 with 2641 viewslassel

The only question that need answering tonight is how many people got covered in Norths jizz when that goal went in?
Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 17:15 - Mar 29 with 2599 viewsNorthantsHoop

Oh Rangers great win the Loft rockin.
Login to get fewer ads

Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 17:16 - Mar 29 with 2535 viewsaston_hoop

The assist for the winner from Sanderson is his best contribution for QPR

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 17:18 - Mar 29 with 2486 viewsw7r

Spafftastic win.

Added bonus it was f. uucking great to see that overrated cart horse Sanderson have a hand in Jimmys' winner.

What a relief!!
[Post edited 29 Mar 17:22]
Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 17:18 - Mar 29 with 2481 viewsRandom_Ranger

Wish I could have been there - stuck on a work conference call and had to keep my trap shut. Was difficult! But chuffed for everyone and for all at the stadium, sure it will be a moment you never forget :-)
Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 17:18 - Mar 29 with 2458 viewsHoopinEssex

Breathing space at last. The job is not done but that's a huge step in the right direction.
Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 17:19 - Mar 29 with 2414 viewsRandom_Ranger

Live text doesn't really do it justice "Goal! Queens Park Rangers 2, Birmingham City 1. Jimmy Dunne (Queens Park Rangers) left footed shot from outside the box to the top left corner."
Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 17:24 - Mar 29 with 2274 viewsdsw2509

If Blackburn get a draw they go above us on goals scored.
Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 17:24 - Mar 29 with 2258 viewsManinBlack

Excellent result in terms of winning from a losing position which has been a real issue for us since Warbs left. It might not have been so nerve wracking if we had forwards who could actually score goals.
Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 17:25 - Mar 29 with 2233 viewsJevlar

What a comeback story, from Jimmy, let alone the game.

I shall now forever call him Dunninho.

U Rs.
Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 17:27 - Mar 29 with 2177 viewsMalintabuk

Sitting in the car and hoarse from the shouting and singing, did the heigh ho Queens Park Rangers come over? What a noise, what a celebration and what a goal!!!
Really if anyone on that team deserved to score such an important winner, then it was Dunne. The lad as took dogs abuse during our dark days, but whatever Marti as done, as turned the lad around and so so happy as I always liked Dunne.
Street our man of the match, though Bacuna was the best player on the park, thankfully they took him off, which allowed Dunne to move forward ..... just little things like that makes all the difference.... if Bacuna stayed on might have been different
Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 17:29 - Mar 29 with 2114 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Thought Jimmy was our MOTM before that but wow, what a moment. He really has been magnificent since going to right-back.
Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 17:30 - Mar 29 with 2090 viewsDiscodroids

I can confirm that by computating on my 3-axis accelerometer, my 3-axis gyroscope and my 3-axis magnetometer pinpointed at the center mass of the ball where Jimmy put his foot through it, The spin rate and prodigious swerve was 24% greater than Liam Brady's strike at Spurs 1978.

Magic.
[Post edited 29 Mar 17:33]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 17:36 - Mar 29 with 1954 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Big, big monkey man...

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 17:40 - Mar 29 with 1863 viewsQuillPenRiot

And Ispwitch just scored…

I miss Luongo, but would rather have Jimmy Jimmy
[Post edited 29 Mar 17:41]
Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 17:41 - Mar 29 with 1830 viewsMalintabuk

Ipswich already one up... this could be a season defining day
Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 17:43 - Mar 29 with 1769 viewsDorse

Sums it up for me.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 17:45 - Mar 29 with 1742 viewsR_from_afar

Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 17:18 - Mar 29 by Random_Ranger

Wish I could have been there - stuck on a work conference call and had to keep my trap shut. Was difficult! But chuffed for everyone and for all at the stadium, sure it will be a moment you never forget :-)

We have most of the family coming for an inspection - err, I mean, visit - on Sunday and I have spent most of today, including the entire duration of the game, cleaning the house, sigh

I was following it on Radio London, nerves frayed, while I vacuumed in places normally only frequented by our resident spiders.

Great result for the team, that should give us more confidence and belief as we face a string of vital games, plus it ratchets up the pressure on our fellow stragglers.

COYRS

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 17:46 - Mar 29 with 1713 viewsFredManRave

Gob Brummin is a comin - a QPR match thread on 17:19 - Mar 29 by Random_Ranger

Live text doesn't really do it justice "Goal! Queens Park Rangers 2, Birmingham City 1. Jimmy Dunne (Queens Park Rangers) left footed shot from outside the box to the top left corner."

Paints the picture.

Picture title: "Dunne'd in the Gob".

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024