Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
music bands 22:50 - Mar 28 with 1823 viewsdigswellhoop

please can anyone tell me where the next band in the class of queen meatloaf dire straites etc are or proper songs dead
music bands on 23:36 - Mar 28 with 1574 viewsnumptydumpty

Band called "The Cold Blooded Hearts"

Think they could rise meteorically now that the lead singers focus is firmly on his music career

[Post edited 29 Mar 12:23]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

music bands on 10:14 - Mar 29 with 1394 viewsR_from_afar

A tricky one to answer!

You might like Echolyn, they haven't released anything for years but a new album is imminent. Here's an old track:

You mentioned Queen, well if you are willing to consider a now defunct band, you might like Gentle Giant. Their vocal harmonies predated Queen and their first two albums are, in my opinion, amazing pieces of rock music, very musical but full of interesting twists and turns.

Haken are a very inventive rock band who use vocal harmonies. Their songs can be pretty heavy, mind. These ones aren't:

Any of the bands singer/guitarist John Mitchell is in (It Bites, Frost, Kino, Arena, Lonely Robot) are good in my opinion. The songs are varied, engaging and catchy.

Hope this helps!

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

music bands on 10:29 - Mar 29 with 1370 viewsToast_R

Rock Opera died out years ago.
Bruce Dickinson the last of the it.
music bands on 11:06 - Mar 29 with 1335 viewsmart_Goblin

Certainly influence by Queen. OTT fun nonsense 😄

music bands on 11:15 - Mar 29 with 1321 viewsHamptonR

Meat Loaf, Dire Straits yes
Queen No
music bands on 11:17 - Mar 29 with 1319 viewsw7r

There’s so much great music out there and more accessible than ever. Radio Paradise which is internet only is superb for discovering new stuff.

My question is how do I find more time to listen to all this great stuff?
music bands on 11:59 - Mar 29 with 1249 viewsSK_hoops

Thousands of bands better than queen. But that's just my opinion on music. Queen one of my least favourite bands of all time. Don't know more than 3 songs of the other two. I like the solo in Sultans of swing though.
[Post edited 29 Mar 12:01]
music bands on 12:12 - Mar 29 with 1217 views222gers

Coincidently, an article in today's paper saying pop music lyrics getting bleaker and angrier as the years pass with no cohesive structure to any of it.
Don't know much about pop but will ask my butler later.
Login to get fewer ads

music bands on 12:12 - Mar 29 with 1216 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Three bands I can't abide.

If Meatloaf dueted with Dire Straits to sing Bo Rap, I'm not sure I could be held responsible for my actions.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

music bands on 12:23 - Mar 29 with 1163 viewsRamseyR

They're from a time when guitar based music was the best selling music of its time. That sort of music is still out there, but in recent years is no longer represented in the mainstream, as that is now dominated by gangster crap, rnb, boy/girl bands, and solo artists.

Plenty of good "proper" bands still emerging but they'll never be the scale of those you mention.

Last "new music " bands to be that popular that I can think of on that scale are Kings of Leon and Artic Monkeys and they're almost 20 years old now
music bands on 12:46 - Mar 29 with 1116 viewskensalriser

40 years of music since those three were at or past their peak...

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

music bands on 13:29 - Mar 29 with 1068 viewsBathRanger

Personal opinion of course but I would say Muse are similar in terms of musicianship/class and vocal style to Queen.

Dream Theater are excellent musicians and song writers but are generally heavier than Queen, Meat Loaf and Dire Straits; more progressive metal. Sound like Metallica on some songs, like Pink Floyd on others.

Both Muse and Dream Theater have been around for many years though, so hardly the "next band"! Just thinking of bands that are still around.
music bands on 13:35 - Mar 29 with 1062 viewsR_from_afar

Another band you might like is Triumph of Canada. The songs are very well written and full of variety, rocking but melodic. Shame they broke up.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

music bands on 16:42 - Mar 29 with 982 viewsBluce_Ree

If you like Queen, there's a guy called Valensia who is very heavily influenced by them. He showed up on a thing I had to review and he utterly ruined it by sounding like Queen because I fking hate Queen.

Meatloaf. That's tricky. If you could mix Aerosmith and Eurythmics you might get close. That mix of very safe radio rock and yucky theatrics.

Dire Straits? You could try listening to Chris Rea on a slower tempo while taking Valium.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

music bands on 16:54 - Mar 29 with 973 viewscharmr

I was in a work mates car and he had on some dodgy radio station whose tag line was more music less talk. They played Dire straits sultans of swing and the DJ literally started talking over the solo at the end. W@nker and that’s the best bit.

Hang the DJ could not have said how I felt more eloquently during those days.
music bands on 17:12 - Mar 29 with 955 viewsR_from_afar

music bands on 13:29 - Mar 29 by BathRanger

Personal opinion of course but I would say Muse are similar in terms of musicianship/class and vocal style to Queen.

Dream Theater are excellent musicians and song writers but are generally heavier than Queen, Meat Loaf and Dire Straits; more progressive metal. Sound like Metallica on some songs, like Pink Floyd on others.

Both Muse and Dream Theater have been around for many years though, so hardly the "next band"! Just thinking of bands that are still around.

Do you know of Fates Warning? I far prefer them to Muse and Dream Theater, but that's just my view:

I didn't like their original singer, but love the current one, Ray Alder, and all five albums he has been on.

music bands on 17:17 - Mar 29 with 950 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Ghost have gone quite Queenesq recently.

I love them but I understand why some rockers don't like them. They are not new though which I think digswell wanted.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

music bands on 17:20 - Mar 29 with 944 viewsBluce_Ree

I don't like it but I'd say that is more reminiscent of Meatloaf than Queen.

music bands on 19:00 - Mar 29 with 836 viewsdigswellhoop

why so many queen haters
music bands on 19:16 - Mar 29 with 802 viewsMetallica_Hoop

music bands on 19:00 - Mar 29 by digswellhoop

why so many queen haters

They are a bit like Ghost you love them or you hate them.

I hated Queen as a kid until Freddie died and I loved "show must go on" which was on MTV. My late dad said their is an Album in there by Queen called 2.
Which I thought would be the greatest hits. Bang! Queen II is a great album.
Great band for the first 4 albums; Lost their way due to the singer and then came back with some killer rock songs like 'Inuendo'.

Actually up to 1979 there were decent, then shit to 1986.
[Post edited 29 Mar 19:27]

music bands on 19:23 - Mar 29 with 794 viewsBluce_Ree

music bands on 19:00 - Mar 29 by digswellhoop

why so many queen haters

I can answer this one.

The problem with Queen is that they were essentially a rock band at the start. Even a bit proggy which is respectable. But by the time I was old enough to understand them they were in their 'I Want to Break Free' bullshit pop disco phase. Straight up sellout shit.

And look, Freddie was good, no question about it but the rhythm section were boring as hell. Fred had to carry the whole band.

And as for Brian May, he's fking shite. His rhythm guitar playing is shit. He's obviously better known for his lead guitar work which always is too loud and overproduced and takes you right out of the song. And then, of course, he's directly responsible for making guitar uncool. It's not even the fking hair and clogs. It's the fact that he got on top of Buckingham Palace and played the national anthem. The exact opposite of Jimi playing Star Spangled Banner at Woodstock. The toadying posh c*nt.

music bands on 19:23 - Mar 29 with 790 viewsBathRanger

music bands on 17:12 - Mar 29 by R_from_afar

Do you know of Fates Warning? I far prefer them to Muse and Dream Theater, but that's just my view:

I didn't like their original singer, but love the current one, Ray Alder, and all five albums he has been on.

I don't know Fates Warning but I'll certainly give them a listen. Thanks!
music bands on 19:48 - Mar 29 with 749 viewsMetallica_Hoop

The best band who sound like Queen have realeased their best album for 30 years.

They also played at the Freddie tribute concert.

Not the best song on the album if you like check it out dude. The first part of the solo is Brian May infuenced I think.
[Post edited 29 Mar 19:54]

music bands on 20:37 - Mar 29 with 694 viewsrobith

music bands on 12:23 - Mar 29 by RamseyR

They're from a time when guitar based music was the best selling music of its time. That sort of music is still out there, but in recent years is no longer represented in the mainstream, as that is now dominated by gangster crap, rnb, boy/girl bands, and solo artists.

Plenty of good "proper" bands still emerging but they'll never be the scale of those you mention.

Last "new music " bands to be that popular that I can think of on that scale are Kings of Leon and Artic Monkeys and they're almost 20 years old now

Lol is this a post from 20 years ago

"Gangster crap/rnb/girl/boy bands" literally none of that is popular right now. The biggest artist in the world dropped a country album this morning

King's of Leon have always been garbage
music bands on 20:43 - Mar 29 with 678 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Again not a new band but decent.

[Post edited 29 Mar 20:51]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024