Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dunninho 17:54 - Mar 29 with 6582 viewsnumptydumpty

Thoughts on the great man...

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Dunninho on 19:22 - Mar 29 with 2322 viewsbosh67

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/0_6d9r1rm2

He's very level headed, and that's not just the haircut! I love that he loves the club. Would have been easy for him to drop his head earlier in the season and fade away but Marti has very much seen something in him and his ability and he's really shining now. Excellent!!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Dunninho on 19:29 - Mar 29 with 2280 viewskensalriser

Bloke cost me a correct prediction today but given time I think I'll get over it.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Dunninho on 19:32 - Mar 29 with 2256 viewsaston_hoop

Dunninho on 19:22 - Mar 29 by bosh67

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/0_6d9r1rm2

He's very level headed, and that's not just the haircut! I love that he loves the club. Would have been easy for him to drop his head earlier in the season and fade away but Marti has very much seen something in him and his ability and he's really shining now. Excellent!!

His voice always throws me, perfectly suited to present late night radio jazz programs

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Dunninho on 19:36 - Mar 29 with 2222 viewsBathRanger

Amazing goal. Really like him.

Is his contract up at the end of the season? If so, deserves a new one for the way he's been playing at right back recently, and hope he gets one.
Dunninho on 19:54 - Mar 29 with 2122 viewsKernowRanger

Dunninho on 20:21 - Mar 29 with 1995 viewsrobith

I love being alive
Dunninho on 20:32 - Mar 29 with 1950 viewsbosh67

On a more serious note he looks so so good when he advances up the pitch. All being well and we actually stay up could Jimmy be our Declan Rice next season? Marti seems to have found a whole set of skills that we never knew he had. A set of skills perhaps he didn't know he had. He's excellent further up the park breaking up and linking play. His sheer size causes havoc.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Dunninho on 20:53 - Mar 29 with 1849 viewsAntti_Heinola

Am so pleased for Jimmy. Clearly one of the good guys and never quite understood the stick he took - he did have a very difficult spell, but, like Dickie, it was never through not caring or not trying. Clearly loving his role, and fitting that he should win us those points today with what will surely be our goal of the season.

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

Dunninho on 21:09 - Mar 29 with 1784 viewsPunteR

Loved Dunne, one of my fav players. He seemed to have the spirit of Alan Macdonald. I thought he'd cement his place as CB and be our captain.
He then took a massive nose dive in his performance along with everyone else in the team.

I don't really know what's happened but he's been different gravy since Marti C turned up.

Really pleased for him. Seems a top lad.

Unbelievable goal.
[Post edited 29 Mar 23:36]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Dunninho on 21:16 - Mar 29 with 1761 viewsted_hendrix

Birmingham City interim manager Gary Rowett told BBC Radio WM:

"It's a disappointing way to lose it but that's the Championship. You can say one on hand it's a fantastic goal by QPR, for a right-back to chest it down and zing it into the top corner from 25 to 30 yards out, it's probably not something you'd expect him to do, but it's a cruel way to lose.

"You'd probably say that goal's worthy of winning any game but, there are a few basics in these moments where we have opportunities to not let the ball drop to Jimmy Dunne, for the first goal to not get headed because he gets the first contact on the header and that's something we definitely need to improve on.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Dunninho on 21:23 - Mar 29 with 1714 viewsJimboqpr

I've only just realised he hit it with his left foot and im on the train home after going to the game and numerous beers 😆. What a guy! So happy for him hes a lovely bloke
[Post edited 29 Mar 21:30]
Dunninho on 21:43 - Mar 29 with 1617 viewsdachiltern

The lad has balls, doesn’t hide and today was an absolute joy to watch.

Watching his teammates reaction to THAT goal was a pleasure.

In the words of a certain Mr Clough “Well done young man”
Dunninho on 22:31 - Mar 29 with 1497 viewsMrSheen

Dunninho on 21:43 - Mar 29 by dachiltern

The lad has balls, doesn’t hide and today was an absolute joy to watch.

Watching his teammates reaction to THAT goal was a pleasure.

In the words of a certain Mr Clough “Well done young man”

He was our best player today well before the goal. A lot of our passing combinations didn’t click: Andersen misplaced a lot, his interchanges with Willock broke down, Hayden and Field didn’t give Chair return passes to run forward onto so he kept going back…Dunne was the only one willing to run the ball forward and break through to the next level that way. Willock going off seemed to give Begovic licence to ping it forward to him out wide over the half way. He was so dominant.

Thrilled for him to score, he such a competitor.
(No subject) (n/t) on 23:40 - Mar 29 with 1361 viewsNed_Kennedys

Jimmy’s performance today was along the lines of Luke Freeman v Leeds: miles ahead of anyone else’s. A shining star in a pile of mediocrity.
Well done son, bloody well done.
[Post edited 29 Mar 23:45]
Dunninho on 01:17 - Mar 30 with 1225 viewsLazyFan

It is noticeable that Cannon was responsible for the 2nd Norwich goal, then not really with it from the corner for the Stoke goal, after which Marti had seen enough and dropped him for Dunne.

zzzzzzzzzz

Dunninho on 05:11 - Mar 30 with 1096 viewssevenhoop

Dunninho on 22:31 - Mar 29 by MrSheen

He was our best player today well before the goal. A lot of our passing combinations didn’t click: Andersen misplaced a lot, his interchanges with Willock broke down, Hayden and Field didn’t give Chair return passes to run forward onto so he kept going back…Dunne was the only one willing to run the ball forward and break through to the next level that way. Willock going off seemed to give Begovic licence to ping it forward to him out wide over the half way. He was so dominant.

Thrilled for him to score, he such a competitor.

Perfectly summed w
Dunninho on 05:56 - Mar 30 with 1061 viewsNorthantsHoop

Jimmy Dunne has been a revelation since been switched to the right back role. Cifuentes has really revitalised him as a player. We should get him on a new contract asap, he deserves it.
Dunninho on 07:28 - Mar 30 with 986 viewsstevec

I can’t think of a better player to have put the Birmingham Four in their place.
Dunninho on 07:40 - Mar 30 with 949 viewsBklynRanger

Am on holiday so missed it. Bit gutted having seen that winner - all I can say about it is Fcuk Me!

Wins the header himself, good touch on his chest, smashes the life out of it with his left, would have taken the keeper's head off if he'd found himself in the way. Went with his instincts and it paid off. Mad, beautiful stuff.
Dunninho on 07:58 - Mar 30 with 908 viewslassel

Dunninho on 18:54 - Mar 29 by BlackCrowe

Marti and Lucas must be loving that atmosphere of a full HQ....no disrespect but it must've been completely different in Sweden/Denmark.

Nah the Swedes take it all very seriously:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=vfc4sEBn3a4&pp=ygUTaGFtbWFyYnkgYXRtb3NwaGVyZQ%3D%3D
[Post edited 30 Mar 7:58]
Dunninho on 08:07 - Mar 30 with 872 viewsngbqpr

Dunninho on 01:17 - Mar 30 by LazyFan

It is noticeable that Cannon was responsible for the 2nd Norwich goal, then not really with it from the corner for the Stoke goal, after which Marti had seen enough and dropped him for Dunne.

Also noticeable that the moment the whistle went yesterday, Cannon leapt from the bench, sprinted across the pitch and leapt on Dunne, the player who's taken his place. Fair play!

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Dunninho on 08:26 - Mar 30 with 830 viewskernowhoop

Dunninho on 18:54 - Mar 29 by BlackCrowe

Marti and Lucas must be loving that atmosphere of a full HQ....no disrespect but it must've been completely different in Sweden/Denmark.

And that atmosphere did not die down as soon as it might have. Notice how few people left at the end and how the place remained almost full, while Hi-Ho Queens Park Rangers was sung and the players took the applause?
Dunninho on 08:54 - Mar 30 with 782 viewsMonkey_Roots

Some quotes:

“It always seems impossible until it’s Dunne”
Nelson Mandela

“Football is an art, like dancing is an art - but only when it’s, well… Dunne, does it become an art”
Arsene Wenger

“It’s never a done deal, until it’s a Dunne deal”
Alexandra Daddario

“When Jimmy scored that goal, my calf started to hurt”
Tyler Roberts
Dunninho on 08:59 - Mar 30 with 765 viewsconnell10

Sometimes just sometimes the good guy wins,I think Jimmy is a wonderful bloke and a really good footballer! I'm so pleased for him , he is a credit to the club and shirt!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Dunninho on 09:14 - Mar 30 with 718 viewsSK_hoops

Best goal since Dom Ball V. Cardiff.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024