Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Former Rs Players today 18:10 - Mar 29 with 2503 viewsSherryHoop

Roberts, Sanderson and Laird. All were average and reminded me of unpleasant times.

Would much rather have Paal, Cook and Smyth.

Made me think how much has changed in the last 12 months around the club.

If we can push on and survive we are moving in the right direction again, with the right type of players coming in.
Former Rs Players today on 18:14 - Mar 29 with 2420 viewsStanisgod

Didn't think Laird or Sanderson were too bad, Paal never one a header against Laird or anywhere near but got pushed back second half, Sanderson ok really.
Philips not even average, wouldn't mind their goalscorer though, wasted there.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Former Rs Players today on 18:23 - Mar 29 with 2340 viewsMrSheen

We were thinking Laird had henched up, possible at his age. Sanderson solid, even Roberts fairly lively. We didn’t pick them up for no reason.
Former Rs Players today on 18:29 - Mar 29 with 2282 viewsdmm

Former Rs Players today on 18:23 - Mar 29 by MrSheen

We were thinking Laird had henched up, possible at his age. Sanderson solid, even Roberts fairly lively. We didn’t pick them up for no reason.

Laird had gained several packs of lard
Former Rs Players today on 18:43 - Mar 29 with 2193 viewsnumptydumpty

Laird got the assist

Roberts was reasonable apart from a shocker of a hit and miss

Sanderson tidy at best

Dozzell their man of the match just by placing his voodoo spell on all around him !!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Former Rs Players today on 18:58 - Mar 29 with 2061 viewsSherryHoop

Maybe it's just my memories of them in hoops then and they weren't that bad.

I thought Laird might of been off if his tackles were the other way around and there seemed to be quite a lot of crosses coming in from his flank, Sanderson was at fault for our winner and it felt like he could be got at, just remember him having that mistake in him. Roberts....well did a couple of bits and pieces and an air shot but I'm glad he's not with us.

My point is more that they were all players I associate with a very frustrating time at the club. We're not safe yet but the atmosphere is very different.
Former Rs Players today on 20:43 - Mar 29 with 1895 viewsrobith

Roberts with that shit shot then put in a snide late hit on JCS cos the crowd was on him moments later. What a dosser. Was worried when they subbed him off, scared they might replace him with someone who could actually play football
Former Rs Players today on 20:48 - Mar 29 with 1833 viewsnumptydumpty

Sanderson with an assist, one two with Jimmy...

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Former Rs Players today on 20:51 - Mar 29 with 1804 viewsAntti_Heinola

Thought Sanderson was good, had no problems with Frey and was maybe a bit unlucky with the header to Dunne. Otherwise, their best player next to Bacuna, who was a class above. Laird was ok, nothing more. Other than one early shot, and one tidy bit of footwork 2nd half, Roberts turned in a Roberts performance. He'll have a rude awakening soon when he finds himself in league one.

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

Former Rs Players today on 22:20 - Mar 29 with 1519 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Roberts seemed desperate to score today but thankfully just isn't good enough. The air shot and the strike that skewed out for a throw in were vintage Tyler. R Block had me in stitches with their heartfelt rendition of 'Your f'kin shit...".
Former Rs Players today on 22:45 - Mar 29 with 1446 viewsMatch82

Former Rs Players today on 20:51 - Mar 29 by Antti_Heinola

Thought Sanderson was good, had no problems with Frey and was maybe a bit unlucky with the header to Dunne. Otherwise, their best player next to Bacuna, who was a class above. Laird was ok, nothing more. Other than one early shot, and one tidy bit of footwork 2nd half, Roberts turned in a Roberts performance. He'll have a rude awakening soon when he finds himself in league one.

Shout out to Chris Willock, summoning the spirit of 18,000 Rangers fans in the stadium and tens of thousands watching worldwide taking an absolute chunk out of Roberts in the second half.
Former Rs Players today on 09:34 - Mar 30 with 1015 viewsnix

Former Rs Players today on 20:51 - Mar 29 by Antti_Heinola

Can't see him on the pitch much if they go down. He'll either agitate for a move (or he's got a relegation release clause in his contract) or he'll pick up some niggling injury in pre-season.
Former Rs Players today on 09:41 - Mar 30 with 982 viewsPaddyhoops

They got everything they deserved yesterday. Stealing a living along with Dozell at our place.
Possible exception being Tessa. F**k em.
Former Rs Players today on 10:16 - Mar 30 with 907 viewsplasmahoop

I don't think they are bad players. The problem is getting the on the pitch. Didn't Clive say in the preview laird had started 16 games and Roberts 5. All that money and they give the impression of not being arsed to play
Former Rs Players today on 10:22 - Mar 30 with 887 viewsOldPedro

Thought Laird could easily have got a 2nd yellow for a bad tackle (on Chair?) - definitely worth a yellow, but ref bottled it. A worse tackle than the one from Colback which the ref deemed a yellow.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Former Rs Players today on 11:21 - Mar 30 with 765 viewsfrancisbowles

Former Rs Players today on 10:22 - Mar 30 by OldPedro

Thought Laird could easily have got a 2nd yellow for a bad tackle (on Chair?) - definitely worth a yellow, but ref bottled it. A worse tackle than the one from Colback which the ref deemed a yellow.

The one by Colback was a yellow all day long. One of his stupid 'red mist' moments after he had been knocked over and was denied a foul (it wasn't). I think he was probably also a bit annoyed at only being a sub.
Former Rs Players today on 12:58 - Mar 30 with 613 viewsE17hoop

Former Rs Players today on 11:21 - Mar 30 by francisbowles

The one by Colback was a yellow all day long. One of his stupid 'red mist' moments after he had been knocked over and was denied a foul (it wasn't). I think he was probably also a bit annoyed at only being a sub.

Spot on.

That's where Colback will always be a liability.

FWIW I thought Laird looked OK going forward but not so great defending. Sanderson did OK and Roberts was his typical few minutes of promise which flatters to deceive. He's not as good as he thinks he is, and the BCFC fans feel the same.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Former Rs Players today on 14:06 - Mar 30 with 509 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Former Rs Players today on 11:21 - Mar 30 by francisbowles

No, he'd been on the receiving end from the same player moments earlier but didn't get the decision so decided to exact his revenge.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024