Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
London Marathon 2024 07:39 - Apr 1 with 2961 viewsSuperhoops2808

Hi Everyone

I appreciate there have been several appeals for sponsorship over the last month and all for worthy causes. However, Mrs Superhoop is running the 2024 London Marathon this year. She received a ballot place and heard she had been successful on the day her Mum was diagnosed with cancer. Her Mum passed away a few months later and she has decided to split her charity efforts between the local cancer hospice that cared for her Mum in the last few weeks and also a Cat rescue that her Mum and us have supported for several years.

I know times are tough but if you do find any coins down the back of the sofa you could spare, she would be most grateful. Some of you may know her from the happy band of QPR runners as she too is a hoops supporter. Thank you for reading and if nothing else, feel free to read her story and how the training is going on the link.

P.S Clive if you could pin this for a bit as discussed, I would be most grateful. TIA.

https://donate.giveasyoulive.com/fundraising/michelles-running-the-london-marath
London Marathon 2024 on 10:40 - Apr 1 with 2857 viewselnombre

Done, I think the Marathon this year might be 90% Hoops, 9% my running club and Sophie Raworth.

Good luck to all!
London Marathon 2024 on 22:05 - Apr 1 with 2744 viewsSuperhoops2808

London Marathon 2024 on 10:40 - Apr 1 by elnombre

Done, I think the Marathon this year might be 90% Hoops, 9% my running club and Sophie Raworth.

Good luck to all!

Thank you to you and Nix for the generous donations.

If anyone wants to have one less pint tonight while celebrating and chuck it on the page feel free

Superb result today though
London Marathon 2024 on 11:38 - Apr 2 with 2682 viewsSuperhoops2808

Many thanks Rob (Loft Boy) for your donation... My old season ticket neighbour when we were much younger and had much more hair
London Marathon 2024 on 13:04 - Apr 2 with 2627 viewsSnipper

Done ☑️.

And bumped.
London Marathon 2024 on 09:46 - Apr 3 with 2492 viewsSuperhoops2808

London Marathon 2024 on 13:04 - Apr 2 by Snipper

Done ☑️.

And bumped.

Thanks Snipper

Very much appreciated
London Marathon 2024 on 21:23 - Apr 3 with 2270 viewsSuperhoops2808

London Marathon 2024 on 09:46 - Apr 3 by Superhoops2808

Thanks Snipper

Very much appreciated

Thank you Baz and Kingshill for your kind donations
London Marathon 2024 on 19:41 - Apr 4 with 2059 viewsSuperhoops2808

Thanks from one Brian to another for your donation - Much appreciated
London Marathon 2024 on 21:44 - Apr 5 with 1874 viewsSuperhoops2808

Thanks Phildo for your donation. Much appreciated
Login to get fewer ads

London Marathon 2024 on 12:14 - Apr 6 with 1753 viewsrrrspricey

Done Brian, pass on my best wishes to Michelle.
London Marathon 2024 on 16:12 - Apr 6 with 1711 viewsSuperhoops2808

London Marathon 2024 on 12:14 - Apr 6 by rrrspricey

Done Brian, pass on my best wishes to Michelle.

Cheers Dave... Can you believe nearly 10 years since we stood outside Wembley and I said... 'Cant see the stadium yet'
London Marathon 2024 on 16:14 - Apr 6 with 1708 viewsSuperhoops2808

Thanks also Thomas, Davie and Wood Hoop.

Overwhelmed with the generosity here thank you all - 2 weeks tomorrow and she is getting nervous
London Marathon 2024 on 11:49 - Apr 7 with 1566 viewsrrrspricey

London Marathon 2024 on 16:12 - Apr 6 by Superhoops2808

Cheers Dave... Can you believe nearly 10 years since we stood outside Wembley and I said... 'Cant see the stadium yet'

Still can't believe you said that mate
London Marathon 2024 on 20:25 - Apr 18 with 800 viewsSuperhoops2808

With less than 72 hours to go - A cheeky little bump

Off to Excel tomorrow to get all the race gear with her - Had a race top designed for her and also she has her race number which will be on the link at the top if you are going along to support runners

She will answer to any URrrrr's or Mrs L

But importantly, she (well both of us) are truly overwhelmed by the messages of support and from the generosity of everyone so on behalf of us both - Thank you
London Marathon 2024 on 21:14 - Apr 18 with 753 viewsted_hendrix

I'm In,
Mrs Ted Ran a couple of London Marathons and the Reading half, got her medal of Steve Cram.
My eldest Lad Dave who used to post on here (Charlie1) he ran 5 london Marathons the last one he done great to get Under the time limit to become an elite runner.
My youngest Lad, he ran the NYC Marathon and then another Marathon on some Island on the East coast of the USA.
I had a cup of tea.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

London Marathon 2024 on 06:31 - Apr 19 with 667 viewsSuperhoops2808

London Marathon 2024 on 21:14 - Apr 18 by ted_hendrix

I'm In,
Mrs Ted Ran a couple of London Marathons and the Reading half, got her medal of Steve Cram.
My eldest Lad Dave who used to post on here (Charlie1) he ran 5 london Marathons the last one he done great to get Under the time limit to become an elite runner.
My youngest Lad, he ran the NYC Marathon and then another Marathon on some Island on the East coast of the USA.
I had a cup of tea.

'I had a cup of tea'

A man after my own heart Ted. Sounds like your family were seasoned marathon runners - Especially Dave. Becoming an elite runner is no mean feat.

Thank you very much for your donation - Much appreciated
London Marathon 2024 on 17:43 - Apr 19 with 544 viewsMoonshineSteve

London Marathon 2024 on 21:14 - Apr 18 by ted_hendrix

I'm In,
I had a cup of tea.

What time did you get for your cup of tea?

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

London Marathon 2024 on 19:56 - Apr 22 with 345 viewsSuperhoops2808

Evening everyone

Mrs Superhoop completed the London Marathon yesterday in 5hrs 17 mins. Not the time she hoped for but she finished which is what counted. I cannot do photos on here (too stupid lol) so if you click on her link here there is a pic of her after she finished with her friend and training partner who started and finished with her. She saw several people from QPR runners (some of whom post here - Dixie)

https://donate.giveasyoulive.com/fundraising/michelles-running-the-london-marath

I have copied a little message from her to everyone that donated (page is still open)

What a day… yesterday I completed my 1st London Marathon. I trained with Lesley and we started together and nearly finished together. I ran in memory of my mum, her strength kept me going throughout the day. I completed it in 5 hours 17 mins and 55 secs, 10 mins quicker than my Manchester marathon in 2019 so I am extremely happy with this.

Thank you to everyone who supported me. I raised over £3,700 for Ellenor Hospice and PussyCat Lodge Trust.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024