Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites 11:24 - Apr 17 with 26297 viewsSouthAfricanRanger

(My record is won 1, drawn 1. So unbeaten, 😀 but regardless who starts the post, it’s the players who have to get us out the trenches and to D (Delivery) Day) - yes, double brackets in that sentence.

War is bad-and there is too much happening of it in the world. But I thought will use the fighting for survival analogy for what we need to do vs PNE.

My grandad fought in North Africa, my favourite set of books are Spike Milligan’s war memoirs (hence the title of the post), war comics and army sets were part of my childhood growing up in the 70’s, Sir Laurence Olivier's unique narrative voice of the World at War still poignant from when I first heard it when watching with my dad on black and white TV.

I’m not a war fanatic. Much better things in life.

But let’s get stuck in, let’s dig deep-We shall never surrender to any relegation threat! - even if we think Preston are on the beach already. Let’s see a bright light in our 3rd last game. Let us see peace in the world. Get stuck in Hoops.

QPR 2 PNE 1 (Chair and Armstrong)
[Post edited 17 Apr 11:26]

DonnieR

Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 09:25 - Apr 18 with 2432 viewsSouthAfricanRanger

Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 23:39 - Apr 17 by DannyPaddox

Bad Juju in the first paragraph. What you describe as double brackets is in fact a 1.5 bracket. In match thread parlance this is a hanging bracket. Please rectify.

Danny P - 2 brackets on the left, 2 on the right. So balanced. Excuse me if I’m slow……Pray tell

DonnieR

Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 09:45 - Apr 18 with 2400 viewsCopenhagenRs

Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 13:26 - Apr 17 by coasthoop

The good thing about the late KO is that if Norwich win their 3pm game then it's a dead rubber for Preston. 2- 0 hoops. Armstrong , Anderson.

I will be at the front row of R block with my Copenhagen R´s flag trying to get the attention of Lucas Andersen and geeing him up. He is long overdue to scoring his first QPR goal. This Saturday will be the perfect moment to get that first and all important goal.
Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 09:49 - Apr 18 with 2360 viewsTheChef

Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 09:45 - Apr 18 by CopenhagenRs

I will be at the front row of R block with my Copenhagen R´s flag trying to get the attention of Lucas Andersen and geeing him up. He is long overdue to scoring his first QPR goal. This Saturday will be the perfect moment to get that first and all important goal.

I wouldn't start him on current form, unfortunately.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 10:14 - Apr 18 with 2321 viewsdmm

Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 09:49 - Apr 18 by TheChef

I wouldn't start him on current form, unfortunately.

Andersen hasn't been great recently but I'd start him on the basis that his set piece delivery is far superior to anyone else in the squad.
Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 10:19 - Apr 18 with 2310 viewsTheChef

Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 10:14 - Apr 18 by dmm

Andersen hasn't been great recently but I'd start him on the basis that his set piece delivery is far superior to anyone else in the squad.

True - but I think we need Smyth's pace to make things happen too.

Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 10:21 - Apr 18 with 2306 viewsAntti_Heinola

Again, I don't think what we have in this squad means that the selection of this player or that player is particularly vital. What is vital is getting performances out of those that DO play.

Bare bones.

Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 10:27 - Apr 18 with 2288 viewsTheChef

Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 10:21 - Apr 18 by Antti_Heinola

Again, I don't think what we have in this squad means that the selection of this player or that player is particularly vital. What is vital is getting performances out of those that DO play.

A-facking-men.

Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 10:34 - Apr 18 with 2254 viewsdmm

Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 10:21 - Apr 18 by Antti_Heinola

Sure and Cifuentes doesn't have a great deal of choice anyway. The starting 11 usually sees 2 or 3 changes but it's the same matchday squad from one game to the next, and much the same in the way of subs too. I think he's squeezing as much as he can from what's available to him.
Login to get fewer ads

Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 11:15 - Apr 18 with 2171 viewsDannyPaddox

Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 09:25 - Apr 18 by SouthAfricanRanger

Danny P - 2 brackets on the left, 2 on the right. So balanced. Excuse me if I’m slow……Pray tell

Weil I say you’ve opened the match-day thread with an open bracket - I missed that - nerves - my apologies. A fascinating manoeuvre. If this is a success it could change everything. Wishing you all the best for thread success 👍🏼
[Post edited 18 Apr 11:16]
Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 11:29 - Apr 18 with 2141 viewsSouthAfricanRanger

Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 11:15 - Apr 18 by DannyPaddox

Weil I say you’ve opened the match-day thread with an open bracket - I missed that - nerves - my apologies. A fascinating manoeuvre. If this is a success it could change everything. Wishing you all the best for thread success 👍🏼
[Post edited 18 Apr 11:16]

😀😀😀😀 no problem DannyP.

DonnieR

Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 12:08 - Apr 18 with 2107 viewsRs_Holy

1-1
Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 20:05 - Apr 18 with 1969 viewsSpaceman_P

Hoping for a win, going for a 2-1 win JUST for us.

Field to score and Willock to nab a late one too.
Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 18:58 - Apr 19 with 1718 viewsthemodfather

the classic DON'T LOSE , i hope we start with 2 upfront and do not sit back , it would be too nervy and the worry is PNE nick a late winner. we cannot go gung ho but have to go for this win.
stay up for stanley.
Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 19:19 - Apr 19 with 1693 viewsHunterhoop

Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 18:58 - Apr 19 by themodfather

the classic DON'T LOSE , i hope we start with 2 upfront and do not sit back , it would be too nervy and the worry is PNE nick a late winner. we cannot go gung ho but have to go for this win.
stay up for stanley.

I’ve thought about this a fair bit…too much, tbh.

I don’t think this is a “must not lose”. I think it is a must win. The difference between a loss and a draw isn’t relevant, IMO.

I believe the most likely points total to survive is 50 points and you’ll survive on GD, it could be 51 though.

If we draw, we’d still need 2-3 points to survive from 2 games, meaning we’ll need to beat Leeds or face going to Cov needing to draw and hope results go our way or win. If we lose, it’ll be the same, we’ll need to beat Leeds to get to 50.

Obviously 1 point is better than none and 3 draws is possible.

However, I think we should be all out for the win. If it it costs us a point, so be it. We’d need to beat Leeds anyway.

Arguably more important this Saturday is actually Huddersfield and Wednesday losing. Both lose and we have had a good weekend. If they both win and Stoke and Birmingham won, even if we win,the picture isn’t much different to now. Apart from meaning it likely one of Huddersfield or Brum drop as they play each other. We’d still need more points from Leeds and Cov.
Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 19:43 - Apr 19 with 1673 viewspaulparker

1-1 we don’t do must win

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 09:15 - Apr 20 with 1547 viewsSouthAfricanRanger

It will be 2am here at kickoff time. All the best. Those going to the ground, lift the roof off. We shall never surrender to relegation thoughts

DonnieR

Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 09:44 - Apr 20 with 1512 viewsDannyPaddox

Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 09:15 - Apr 20 by SouthAfricanRanger

It will be 2am here at kickoff time. All the best. Those going to the ground, lift the roof off. We shall never surrender to relegation thoughts

3 3am songs for your HT entertainment South Africa .. and all other far-away Rs!

Cmon lads we can do this 🙏🏼
Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 13:50 - Apr 20 with 1362 viewsSouthAfricanRanger

Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 09:44 - Apr 20 by DannyPaddox

3 3am songs for your HT entertainment South Africa .. and all other far-away Rs!

Cmon lads we can do this 🙏🏼

Thank you Danny P. Just got back from the Gabba - went to watch Geelong Cats vs Brisbane Lions (AFL). I chose Geelong Cats as my team when I emigrated here almost ten years ago. Why? Cause their colours the closest to QPR’s 😀😀😀😀.
They won tonight …..good omen…. Night time in Aus

DonnieR

Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 14:14 - Apr 20 with 1303 viewsSherryHoop

Hoping for an early goal and 2-0 with Loftus Road rocking.

Fearing conceding early and trying to get level, conceding on the break and getting beat 0-2.

Come on you Rs. Could draw a line in the sand today.
Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 14:50 - Apr 20 with 1227 viewsBoston

Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 17:36 - Apr 17 by Harbour

Heart 1-0 Rangers , head 0-1 PNE..will PNE shit housing from 54th minute

I wouldn't worry about that Scottish result.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 15:18 - Apr 20 with 1153 viewsnumptydumpty

Hope to have two goals margin at half time.

When was the last time QPR were two up at the break...

Scratching my head....

I can't say a thing regards my prediction because all results are possible today !!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 15:56 - Apr 20 with 1043 viewsRed_Ranger

stoke 2 - 0 up. HT
Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 16:02 - Apr 20 with 1004 viewsBluce_Ree

Apologies if not allowed to ask but where is good for a live stream of the match later?

EDIT: LIve not love!
[Post edited 20 Apr 17:08]

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 16:05 - Apr 20 with 990 viewscheeseydane

I think it will be a draw just to keep us all shitting bricks a bit more. And that would be tragic for my finger tips as I have no more nails left.

Technology advances, unfortunately humans do not.

Lowe- our part in his downfall- match thread vs the Lillywhites on 16:16 - Apr 20 with 910 viewsQPRSteve

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024