Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Team for Cov 23:53 - Apr 26 with 5761 viewsLazyFan

At the end of every season its the same old same old ...

We should play the best team to get momentum into next year. Well, in the last two seasons, this momentum never happened anyway, so we should not. Especially as this squad will be ripped up anyway.

What we should do is play some of the young uns so we see how they can cope and also rest some of our assets so they don't get injured just before we sell them. Disaster memories of poor Rangel getting injured before he became out of contract. It would be very QPR to see our best players get ACLs in a nothing game at the end of the season.
No thanks, no way.

Therefore in my biased view we should play this team ...

Walsh

Drewe*
Dunne**
Fox
Larkeche

Hayden***
Hodge
EDB

Willock****
Armstrong
Pedder

Subs:
Begović
Cook
Cannon*****
Aoraha
Bala
Adomah******
Dykes

* = We know Kakays off, I suspect Drewe is not good enough. Lets find out if that is the case.
** = Can he still play CD? I think so, let's find out.
*** = Can he lead when the others are not there and he's on his own? Good test this.
**** = Might as well say goodbye and safety first by resting Chair who needs it.
***** = We know what he can do, and he may be carrying an injury, sub still him for now.
****** = Come on for the last 20 mins so, we can say goodbye.

Leave the rest to go early hols; they earned it.

zzzzzzzzzz

Team for Cov on 10:02 - Apr 28 with 1161 viewsjohnhoop

Team for Cov on 08:11 - Apr 27 by NgaiTahu_Hoop

Give Taylor Richards a run

They’d have to find him first.
Team for Cov on 10:16 - Apr 28 with 1106 viewsPhil_i_P_Daddy

Team for Cov on 08:11 - Apr 27 by NgaiTahu_Hoop

Give Taylor Richards a run

Who?

Phil_i_P

Team for Cov on 10:20 - Apr 28 with 1094 viewsconnell10

Same team that played Leeds, whether the players are staying or going , no one deserves dropping after that performance.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Team for Cov on 10:44 - Apr 28 with 1023 viewsDannyPaddox

Team for Cov on 08:14 - Apr 27 by GaryBannister86

Would be nice to finish above Watford, just to hammer home the GA point after the first game "we've probably played the Champions" :-)

But - he will surely play Walsh. Thanks to Begovic for a couple of decent saves last two games - credit where it is due - but he surely doesn't fit the Marti style, we need Cook to be captain and he's clearly on the wane.

Let's stick Walsh in, probably Armstrong as Dykes must be knackered after his last two displays.

I’d like to finish above Watford too but it would involve us beating Cov 7-0 with Watford losing 8-0 at Middlesbrough (or vice-versa). There is a chance we could end up being the Championship’s top London team … ie finish above Millwall … and sit proudly all summer in our much loved and cosy 16th place.
Team for Cov on 10:52 - Apr 28 with 1000 viewsHayesender

I am not getting the 5.02 train Saturday morning to see Kakay and Drewe thank you very much

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Team for Cov on 11:32 - Apr 28 with 944 viewsRangersw12

Tickets are £40 with booking fee so I will be livid if they put that team out in the OP .

Play the best team and put in a decent performance as a thank you to the fans who've stuck with this team
[Post edited 28 Apr 11:33]
Team for Cov on 11:51 - Apr 28 with 885 viewsdmm

Team for Cov on 00:42 - Apr 27 by aston_hoop

Saying this, if Martí does choose to include some youngsters in the squad, keep an eye out for Alfie Tuck being involved at some point. Young central midfielder who I believe he really likes, and rightly so

Agreed. Tuck is a very exciting prospect but at 17 don't I think he's ready for a first team match yet, particularly as his position is DCM.

If Cifuentes does pick one or two youngsters I'd like to see Bala on the bench. Sadly, Aoraha appears to still be injured or I'd like to have seen him there too.

Apart from the injured Kolli, I'm not sure there'd be any others from the current crop who could be considered.
Team for Cov on 11:59 - Apr 28 with 877 viewsHanwellHoopster

Team for Cov on 11:51 - Apr 28 by dmm

Agreed. Tuck is a very exciting prospect but at 17 don't I think he's ready for a first team match yet, particularly as his position is DCM.

If Cifuentes does pick one or two youngsters I'd like to see Bala on the bench. Sadly, Aoraha appears to still be injured or I'd like to have seen him there too.

Apart from the injured Kolli, I'm not sure there'd be any others from the current crop who could be considered.

What's the consensus here on Pedder? I've seen one negative comment in the thread above.

I go and watch the U21s sometimes at Hanwell Town as it's nearby to me and he always stands out - well, before his injury anyway.
Login to get fewer ads

Team for Cov on 12:18 - Apr 28 with 851 viewsQPRConor2000

I would think Marti will want his strongest side out next week.

I wouldnt be too surprised if it was the same squad.
Team for Cov on 12:27 - Apr 28 with 829 viewsNed_Kennedys

Team for Cov on 12:18 - Apr 28 by QPRConor2000

I would think Marti will want his strongest side out next week.

I wouldnt be too surprised if it was the same squad.

Cifuentes knows what he’s doing: the last thing he will want is to put out a deliberately weak team and get thrashed in the last game of the season. He will want to go into the summer with a positive result if possible: momentum is important.
Team for Cov on 12:34 - Apr 28 with 804 viewspaulparker

Team for Cov on 08:46 - Apr 27 by Spaceman_P

I think let's beat Coventry.

lets rest Willock, Chair etc I'd even suggest give Albert one last run on the pasture before he becomes a QPR coach.

let's get Smyth, Larkesh, Cannon and Fox a full 90 minutes too.

I’d make sure Willock does the full 90 if I were Marti , his off and it’s up to him if his hamstrings go
We owe him nothing

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Team for Cov on 12:35 - Apr 28 with 808 viewsGloucs_R

Team for Cov on 09:29 - Apr 28 by hantssi

Why play Hayden and Hodge, they’re not ours?

Good question.

Hayden as I would like to see him back next season.

Hodge, as a thank you to Gary O'Neil

Poll: Are we staying up?

Team for Cov on 12:38 - Apr 28 with 802 viewsdmm

Team for Cov on 11:59 - Apr 28 by HanwellHoopster

What's the consensus here on Pedder? I've seen one negative comment in the thread above.

I go and watch the U21s sometimes at Hanwell Town as it's nearby to me and he always stands out - well, before his injury anyway.

My feeling is that although Pedder can be a stand out player in Dev Squad games, his slight physique would count against him in the men's game. Some small players like Chair can cope but others can't and I think he's one of those. I'd be delighted if I was wrong though.
Team for Cov on 13:13 - Apr 28 with 772 viewslassel

Team for Cov on 11:59 - Apr 28 by HanwellHoopster

From what I’ve seen in the men’s game he literally bounces off opponents, some the same age or even younger than him.

Obviously the club will have tried to bulk him up so I imagine it’s simply his build.

Chair obviously isn’t that ‘big’ either but he’s deceptively strong and able to mix it up with much bigger opponents.
Team for Cov on 13:17 - Apr 28 with 755 viewsnix

Team for Cov on 13:13 - Apr 28 by lassel

From what I’ve seen in the men’s game he literally bounces off opponents, some the same age or even younger than him.

Obviously the club will have tried to bulk him up so I imagine it’s simply his build.

Chair obviously isn’t that ‘big’ either but he’s deceptively strong and able to mix it up with much bigger opponents.

I'm quite surprised he hasn't been out on loan more. Playing development football doesn't really toughen you up enough for the physicality of the Championship.

Paul Smyth obviously learnt a lot in his time in the lower leagues as he's someone who used to get pushed off the ball previously and he's more resilient nowadays.
Team for Cov on 13:17 - Apr 28 with 753 viewsNed_Kennedys

Team for Cov on 12:35 - Apr 28 by Gloucs_R

Good question.

Hayden as I would like to see him back next season.

Hodge, as a thank you to Gary O'Neil

Honestly why would we weaken our team by playing Hodge just to thank Gary O’Neill??
Literally pointless: he hasn’t been in the team because he’s not as good as a number of other players in his position and can see no benefit of starting loan players in the final game of the season.
Team for Cov on 13:19 - Apr 28 with 752 viewsLazyFan

Team for Cov on 09:29 - Apr 28 by hantssi

Why play Hayden and Hodge, they’re not ours?

Great question ...

Hodge to see if we should sign him and Hayden is there to support the others who have come in and also to give Colback and Field a rest. Well with Colback its more to prevent him getting sent off and missing the first 3 games of next season.

zzzzzzzzzz

Team for Cov on 13:26 - Apr 28 with 748 viewskensalriser

Team for Cov on 10:44 - Apr 28 by DannyPaddox

I’d like to finish above Watford too but it would involve us beating Cov 7-0 with Watford losing 8-0 at Middlesbrough (or vice-versa). There is a chance we could end up being the Championship’s top London team … ie finish above Millwall … and sit proudly all summer in our much loved and cosy 16th place.

So you're saying there is a chance?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Team for Cov on 13:50 - Apr 28 with 706 viewsdaveB

build for next season in the summer just play our strongest team and try and win.

Only change I'd make is too have a look at Reggie Cannon at right back, other than that same team and win the game

One thing though is that we don't know what knocks players are playing through so if you have anyone who been playing through pain recently understandable to give them a day off
Team for Cov on 14:19 - Apr 28 with 669 viewshantssi

Team for Cov on 13:19 - Apr 28 by LazyFan

Great question ...

Hodge to see if we should sign him and Hayden is there to support the others who have come in and also to give Colback and Field a rest. Well with Colback its more to prevent him getting sent off and missing the first 3 games of next season.

Will Wolves let Hodge go and can we afford Hayden?
By all means have them on the bench as usual though.
[Post edited 28 Apr 14:19]
Team for Cov on 15:31 - Apr 28 with 606 viewsGloucs_R

Team for Cov on 13:17 - Apr 28 by Ned_Kennedys

Honestly why would we weaken our team by playing Hodge just to thank Gary O’Neill??
Literally pointless: he hasn’t been in the team because he’s not as good as a number of other players in his position and can see no benefit of starting loan players in the final game of the season.

You never know when you might need another favour.

Plus I would like to see him given a chance in his natural position. As mentioned, to see if he would be any use next season.
[Post edited 28 Apr 15:32]

Team for Cov on 15:44 - Apr 28 with 583 viewsnix

Team for Cov on 13:50 - Apr 28 by daveB

build for next season in the summer just play our strongest team and try and win.

Only change I'd make is too have a look at Reggie Cannon at right back, other than that same team and win the game

One thing though is that we don't know what knocks players are playing through so if you have anyone who been playing through pain recently understandable to give them a day off

I think Reggie has a groin issue (maybe needs an op over the summer?) so I doubt they'll risk him now we're safe.
Team for Cov on 16:22 - Apr 28 with 543 viewskensalriser

After all the fanfare surrounding the players who arrived in January, only one has ended the season as a regular starter. They did significantly strengthen the squad, but one out of four is a sobering return.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Team for Cov on 16:25 - Apr 28 with 536 viewsWatford_Ranger

Team for Cov on 16:22 - Apr 28 by kensalriser

After all the fanfare surrounding the players who arrived in January, only one has ended the season as a regular starter. They did significantly strengthen the squad, but one out of four is a sobering return.

I think Hayden has done much more good than harm. Just the wrong situation for Hodge to come into plus Andersen being better than expected has kept him out the team but when he’s had chances he’s not offered much since his debut. Frey was always a very cheap gamble and he’s contributed a bit. We’ve had worse windows.
Team for Cov on 16:36 - Apr 28 with 521 viewsGloucs_R

Team for Cov on 16:25 - Apr 28 by Watford_Ranger

I think Hayden has done much more good than harm. Just the wrong situation for Hodge to come into plus Andersen being better than expected has kept him out the team but when he’s had chances he’s not offered much since his debut. Frey was always a very cheap gamble and he’s contributed a bit. We’ve had worse windows.

It allowed us to cut adrift the Deadwood, like Dozzell

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024