Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Most Important Goal of the Season 18:19 - Apr 27 with 2273 viewsAntti_Heinola

Got to say I'm surprised Dozzell came second in GOTS - great goal, but I couldn't bring myself to vote for him. I think Dunne's must have got about 95% of the vote, surely.

BUT, different award. What was the most *important* goal of the season? I think there's a few candidates:

1. Dykes v Stoke. 2-1 down, Stoke with 10 men, atmosphere flat. Out of nowhere Dykes chests and volleys in and brings us back from the brink.

2. Goblin boy og v Stoke. It's now 2-2 and the crowd is remiscent of the famous 3-2 v Liverpool. Larkeche, in his biggest contribution of the season, chases a ball down like a man possessed and forces the winner. Willock the cherry on top soon after, which signalled the start of his own renaissance.

3. Paal v Huddersfield. 1-0 down. A deeply depressing game and a horrible performance. Paal, I think at the time our top scorer, knees one in and rescues a point. Felt like not much at the time but a few said how important it might be. Looking at the table today, it was absolutely crucial.

4. Field v WBA. 2-1 down despite absolutely destroying WBA for the entire match. Penalty missed, shots cleared off the line by bodies and fists. Had we lost that, what effect might it have had? Playing really as well as we can (at least until last night) and still losing. But Fieldy forced a vital and richly deserved equaliser.

5. Dunne v Birmingham. Probably it's a double for Dunney. Not quite a must win game, certainly a mustn't lose, but this goal of the season was huge for more than one reason. Scary to look at the table without this goal.

6. Dykes v Preston. Our forwards hadn't scored for weeks. We'd picked the wrong time to lose a bit of form. We'd just lost 3-0. Someone had to step up, and Dykes did it, with an assist from Woodman. A big, big goal in a game we had to win.

I guess Dunne will win this, but how about your top 3?

Bare bones.

Most Important Goal of the Season on 18:23 - Apr 27 with 2228 viewsGus_iom

For me, it's Cook v Birmingham. We needed something from that game, we needed a quick response to their goal as the self-belief drained out, and Cook gave us that.
Most Important Goal of the Season on 22:31 - Apr 27 with 1913 viewsLazyFan

Dozy's goal should be the goal of the season.
It's amazing, and Dieng is stranded, and he meant it.
But as we now know thats all he did.

The most important goal is Paal's knee in against Hudders. If they win that, they go 6 points clear, and Moore keeps his job. They didn't, and he was sacked, which was a massive mistake. Too many draws, the owner said, but the reason was they had too many injuries, and he was just about holding it together. Without him and that we were only 3 pts off meant disaster for them.

Almost as poor a sacking as Eustace for Brum.
Will they get away with it, or will it be like Hudders a suicide moment?

zzzzzzzzzz

Most Important Goal of the Season on 22:35 - Apr 27 with 1902 viewsAntti_Heinola

Most Important Goal of the Season on 22:31 - Apr 27 by LazyFan

Dozy's goal should be the goal of the season.
It's amazing, and Dieng is stranded, and he meant it.
But as we now know thats all he did.

The most important goal is Paal's knee in against Hudders. If they win that, they go 6 points clear, and Moore keeps his job. They didn't, and he was sacked, which was a massive mistake. Too many draws, the owner said, but the reason was they had too many injuries, and he was just about holding it together. Without him and that we were only 3 pts off meant disaster for them.

Almost as poor a sacking as Eustace for Brum.
Will they get away with it, or will it be like Hudders a suicide moment?

Well, no, they were relegated today unless they win 15-0 next week!

Bare bones.

Most Important Goal of the Season on 22:39 - Apr 27 with 1857 viewsFredManRave

Field's goal last night. It clinched the game and the 3 points which made us mathsmatically safe.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Most Important Goal of the Season on 22:42 - Apr 27 with 1816 viewsrobith

Paul vs Huddersfield was the most important goal of the season bar none. Real sliding doors moment, not least cos we were utterly abject that day and was probably the most despondent I'd personally felt at a game. It felt like the huge undeserved momentum shift teams that are gonna stay up get
Most Important Goal of the Season on 23:01 - Apr 27 with 1714 viewsstowmarketrange

Most Important Goal of the Season on 22:35 - Apr 27 by Antti_Heinola

Well, no, they were relegated today unless they win 15-0 next week!

They’re only playing at Ipswich next Saturday so the best they can hope for is a 12-0 win.
Most Important Goal of the Season on 23:12 - Apr 27 with 1667 viewsHoopinEssex

Most Important Goal of the Season on 22:42 - Apr 27 by robith

Paul vs Huddersfield was the most important goal of the season bar none. Real sliding doors moment, not least cos we were utterly abject that day and was probably the most despondent I'd personally felt at a game. It felt like the huge undeserved momentum shift teams that are gonna stay up get

That's the one for me. Huge goal
Most Important Goal of the Season on 06:32 - Apr 28 with 1314 viewsLblock

None of the above.

For me the most important goal of the season was scored two weeks ago by Nakhi Wells in the 100th minute to deprive Huddersfield of three points.
I felt that properly knocked the stuffing out of them, helped us with the maths of it all and meant our Chef Weds defeat wasn’t too damaging

(Okay….. on reflection it was Paals but the Nakhi one more recent!!! Also Sir James Dunnes rocket did build recent momentum)

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Login to get fewer ads

Most Important Goal of the Season on 06:39 - Apr 28 with 1305 viewsnumptydumpty

In terms of quality the Dozzell goal was goal of the season.

Problem was Andre scored it and practically every other moment of every other game he played, he contributed zilch.

Jimmy is a fans favorite. His goal was massively unexpected, massively brilliant and massively important in our revival. His switch to right back was a big reason why we avoided relegation.
[Post edited 28 Apr 8:28]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Most Important Goal of the Season on 07:22 - Apr 28 with 1218 viewshoops_legend

Most Important Goal of the Season on 06:39 - Apr 28 by numptydumpty

In terms of quality the Dozzell goal was goal of the season.

Problem was Andre scored it and practically every other moment of every other game he played, he contributed zilch.

Jimmy is a fans favorite. His goal was massively unexpected, massively brilliant and massively important in our revival. His switch to right back was a big reason why we avoided relegation.
[Post edited 28 Apr 8:28]

Clearly Dozzell

It meant that despite being cack all season - Birmingham must have watched the YouTube video and still wanted him so we could a) loan him out and he wouldn’t play for us and b) stuff up birminghams season
Most Important Goal of the Season on 07:54 - Apr 28 with 1145 viewsPaddyhoops

No 1 . Jimmy Dunne v Birmingham. A six pointer game turned on it head in the last seconds.
No2. Sam's equaliser against West Brom gave us something from a game we thoroughly deserved to win .
No 3 . Armstrong’s v Leicester. Gave us breathing space in a huge win .
Most Important Goal of the Season on 08:15 - Apr 28 with 1120 viewsToast_R

They are all mega important and without all of them, our place in the Championship is on the line next Saturday. I just think Paal's late leveller was the key moment to bring us up from the mountain we would have had to climb again to get out of the bottom three. And as someone has already posted, it had a big negative impact on Huddersfield's season.
Most Important Goal of the Season on 08:20 - Apr 28 with 1104 viewsNorthernr

Most important is Paal v Huddersfield. We were fcking awful, they were about to go six points clear of us. Instead we kept them close and they sacked their manager.

We'd already been beneath the waves twice at that point. You don't go beneath them a third time and survive.
Most Important Goal of the Season on 08:54 - Apr 28 with 972 viewsmcqpr10

Torn between paal v Huddersfield and chair against Bristol. The Chair goal came two days after a gut wrenching defeat at stoke who had been on a long losing streak. Bristol had an extra day to rest and if we had of lost that we would have opened a daunting gap.
[Post edited 28 Apr 8:55]
Most Important Goal of the Season on 08:57 - Apr 28 with 949 viewsnumptydumpty

Most Important Goal of the Season on 08:54 - Apr 28 by mcqpr10

Torn between paal v Huddersfield and chair against Bristol. The Chair goal came two days after a gut wrenching defeat at stoke who had been on a long losing streak. Bristol had an extra day to rest and if we had of lost that we would have opened a daunting gap.
[Post edited 28 Apr 8:55]

Chair s goal v Bristol was the day after the news broke about his trial also.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Most Important Goal of the Season on 09:14 - Apr 28 with 902 viewsNortholt_Rs

Armstrong’s winner at Leicester. Just for the limbs.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Most Important Goal of the Season on 11:52 - Apr 28 with 729 viewsSK_hoops

Most Important Goal of the Season on 22:39 - Apr 27 by FredManRave

Field's goal last night. It clinched the game and the 3 points which made us mathsmatically safe.

That was the most important goal for my blood pressure.
Most Important Goal of the Season on 18:54 - Apr 28 with 548 viewsWegerles_Stairs

That Paal equaliser against Huddersfield and Jimmy's scorcher against Birmingham are hard to separate as we shot ourselves in the foot generally against teams scrapping down the bottom. Keeping parity and even gaining points on those two, both of whom could go down, was vital. Plus we didn't play well on either occasion.
Most Important Goal of the Season on 19:23 - Apr 28 with 501 viewsSuperhoops2808

My Chelski supporting boss watched the 10 QPR goals nominated for goal of the season and he picked Dozzell's goal - Not familiar with the way people here loath him
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024