Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Begovic has done alright! 16:53 - Apr 28 with 2492 viewsGosportHoops

13 clean sheets in 45 games joint 3rd in the division, not bad numbers! Few flaps (Plymouth hurt) but stats don't lie
Begovic has done alright! on 16:57 - Apr 28 with 1849 viewsRangersw12

Yeah they don't lie as he's the 3rd worst keeper in the league
Begovic has done alright! on 17:04 - Apr 28 with 1808 viewsGosportHoops

13 clean sheets, same as Leicester City
Begovic has done alright! on 17:07 - Apr 28 with 1785 viewsRangersw12

Begovic has done alright! on 17:04 - Apr 28 by GosportHoops

13 clean sheets, same as Leicester City

https://fbref.com/en/comps/10/keepersadv/Championship-Stats
Begovic has done alright! on 17:13 - Apr 28 with 1765 viewsW7Ranger

Begovic has done alright! on 17:07 - Apr 28 by Rangersw12

Ranked 7th in the division. Not sure the point you're trying to make?
Begovic has done alright! on 17:16 - Apr 28 with 1740 viewsBoston

Begovic has done alright! on 17:07 - Apr 28 by Rangersw12

Lovely stats R12, but I didn't complete nuclear physics at St. James' ..therefore unsure if he's blowing up or cooling down.

Edit..I think he's done a decent job...especially when compared to anyone else who might have come here.
[Post edited 28 Apr 17:17]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Begovic has done alright! on 17:22 - Apr 28 with 1694 viewssuperstan

I think that he’s unfairly criticised/made a scapegoat, any errors he makes get overly highlighted which wouldn’t be an issue we scored more.
Begovic has done alright! on 17:24 - Apr 28 with 1687 viewsQPR_Jim

Begovic has done alright! on 17:13 - Apr 28 by W7Ranger

Ranked 7th in the division. Not sure the point you're trying to make?

I think he's 7th based alphabetically.

If you order by goals prevented he's 3rd worst in the league. I believe goal prevented looks at the expected goals vs goals conceded. So if you're getting loads of clean sheets because the teams neutralising the attempts of the opposition it's allows you to look more at the goalkeepers contribution.
Begovic has done alright! on 17:28 - Apr 28 with 1670 viewsW7Ranger

Begovic has done alright! on 17:24 - Apr 28 by QPR_Jim

If you order by goals prevented he's 3rd worst in the league. I believe goal prevented looks at the expected goals vs goals conceded. So if you're getting loads of clean sheets because the teams neutralising the attempts of the opposition it's allows you to look more at the goalkeepers contribution.

Yeah. He's got the 7th best name in the league innit?!
Login to get fewer ads

Begovic has done alright! on 17:29 - Apr 28 with 1662 viewsRangersw12

Begovic has done alright! on 17:28 - Apr 28 by W7Ranger

I basically judge him on the PSXG ( expected goals on how likely he will save the shot ) and he's minus 7.7 ( positive suggests better luck and above average GK ability ) so minus 7.7 means he's the 3rd worst keeper .

If you're just judging on clean sheets and goals conceded then he's done ok but it doesn't really reflect the full picture IMO.
Begovic has done alright! on 17:31 - Apr 28 with 1653 viewsW7Ranger

Begovic has done alright! on 17:29 - Apr 28 by Rangersw12

I basically judge him on the PSXG ( expected goals on how likely he will save the shot ) and he's minus 7.7 ( positive suggests better luck and above average GK ability ) so minus 7.7 means he's the 3rd worst keeper .

If you're just judging on clean sheets and goals conceded then he's done ok but it doesn't really reflect the full picture IMO.

Fair enough. Your opinion.
Begovic has done alright! on 17:38 - Apr 28 with 1623 viewsRangersw12

Begovic has done alright! on 17:24 - Apr 28 by QPR_Jim

Which is why we should be looking at someone like the Rotherham keeper who has been excellent every time I've seen him
Begovic has done alright! on 17:46 - Apr 28 with 1576 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Clive will blow his top when he sees another thread about Begovic .
Remember the absolute cluster fcuk 2 seasons ago when we had 5 keepers now look back at 23/24 when one man stood in goals for for every second of every game you have to tip your cap to him.
At every level keepers have nightmares its just last man standing syndrome and mistakes are highlighted and very costly its just the way it is .
He was a superb servant ,move him on if needed but lets give the man his due for playing a massive part in keeping us up .
Begovic has done alright! on 17:49 - Apr 28 with 1562 viewsrichpr

Begovic has done alright! on 17:38 - Apr 28 by Rangersw12

Which is why we should be looking at someone like the Rotherham keeper who has been excellent every time I've seen him

OMG not another Begovic post. He's done ok this season - especially in the last few games. Let's leave it at that. Who cares if he's 3rd best or 3rd worst. We are staying up!
Begovic has done alright! on 17:52 - Apr 28 with 1554 viewsQPR_Jim

Begovic has done alright! on 17:38 - Apr 28 by Rangersw12

I liked the analysis by the young lad did scouting goalkeepers and think the Lincoln goalkeeper Jensen would be a good option.
Begovic has done alright! on 17:52 - Apr 28 with 1548 viewsQPR_Jim

Begovic has done alright! on 17:28 - Apr 28 by W7Ranger

TBF I think he's been hard done by, his name deserves to be top 5 at least.
Begovic has done alright! on 18:01 - Apr 28 with 1512 viewsRangersw12

Begovic has done alright! on 17:49 - Apr 28 by richpr

OMG not another Begovic post. He's done ok this season - especially in the last few games. Let's leave it at that. Who cares if he's 3rd best or 3rd worst. We are staying up!

"Who cares if he's 3rd best or 3rd worst"

Well it's quite important as I don't think we should offer the 3rd worst keeper in the league another contract as if we do I think he will hinder our progress next season !

We should thank him for the last two games and say good bye
Begovic has done alright! on 18:41 - Apr 28 with 1425 viewsdaveB

I think at times he's been really poor and others he's been quite good. We'd be mad to give him another year though
Begovic has done alright! on 18:50 - Apr 28 with 1396 viewsBoston

Is there an Aaron Archibald Andersen available? We'd have a triple A keeper by these ratings.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Begovic has done alright! on 21:38 - Apr 28 with 1234 viewsTonto

Begovic has done alright! on 17:52 - Apr 28 by QPR_Jim

I liked the analysis by the young lad did scouting goalkeepers and think the Lincoln goalkeeper Jensen would be a good option.

Agreed

My concern about the Rotherham keeper is his ability to play out from the back. From what I saw he can't do.it. it's an important of how we play under Marti.
[Post edited 28 Apr 22:01]

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Begovic has done alright! on 21:58 - Apr 28 with 1186 viewslightwaterhoop

Begovic has done alright! on 21:38 - Apr 28 by Tonto

Agreed

My concern about the Rotherham keeper is his ability to play out from the back. From what I saw he can't do.it. it's an important of how we play under Marti.
[Post edited 28 Apr 22:01]

Why anyone wants the worst footballer in your side playing out from the back is one of many parts of the modern game i just don't understand.
Begovic has done alright! on 22:03 - Apr 28 with 1174 viewsTonto

Begovic has done alright! on 21:58 - Apr 28 by lightwaterhoop

Why anyone wants the worst footballer in your side playing out from the back is one of many parts of the modern game i just don't understand.

Cos if you just knock it long it's a 50/50 chance you lose possession. In theory by passing between your defenders and a DM you create space to play it to a creative player further forward. Having the keeper able to play it to gives another safe option to continue tontire out the opposition.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Begovic has done alright! on 22:10 - Apr 28 with 1155 viewslightwaterhoop

Begovic has done alright! on 22:03 - Apr 28 by Tonto

Cos if you just knock it long it's a 50/50 chance you lose possession. In theory by passing between your defenders and a DM you create space to play it to a creative player further forward. Having the keeper able to play it to gives another safe option to continue tontire out the opposition.

Thanks for that.I grew up in the 'get it down and get it forward' era.
Begovic has done alright! on 22:26 - Apr 28 with 1082 viewsRangersw12

Begovic has done alright! on 21:58 - Apr 28 by lightwaterhoop

Modern football innit

My youngest son's under 9 team play out from the back with sometimes comical results !
Begovic has done alright! on 22:34 - Apr 28 with 1048 viewsloftboy

Existing thread literally 4 posts down

https://loftforwords.fansnetwork.co.uk/forum/307178/begovic/#537

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Begovic has done alright! on 22:38 - Apr 28 with 1020 viewsHoopsie

Do we need a third Begovic thread to say he is crap?

Poll: Who will follow Rotherham and Huddersfield to League One?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024