Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
School. End Friday 07:03 - Apr 29 with 4984 viewsthehat

Apologies if this has already been discussed but does anyone know why the top tier wasn’t full and Leeds had about a third of the bottom tier?

Why didn’t we just them the full top teir and have our fans on the bottom as we have done several times this season.
School. End Friday on 07:13 - Apr 29 with 3292 viewsWatford_Ranger

Didn’t notice but it’s probably a better way to do it if it keeps the fans more segregated. By 70 minutes they were well below capacity anyway. A shame there weren’t more of them there to see it in hindsight. Oh well.
[Post edited 29 Apr 7:14]
School. End Friday on 07:29 - Apr 29 with 3210 viewsJuzzie

I suspect so it meant the end sections of each tier were unoccupied.
Compress them into the middle sections of both.
School. End Friday on 08:09 - Apr 29 with 3090 viewsmart_Goblin

It was decided a few weeks back not to give teams an advantage by giving them both tiers . We only offered Leeds the top tier but they complained and there is some ruling about Percentage of the capacity we then had to adhere too which meant we had to give them 350 tickets in the lower tier. You can’t split the lower school end halfway because there isn’t enough facilities
School. End Friday on 08:53 - Apr 29 with 2972 viewsthehat

School. End Friday on 08:09 - Apr 29 by mart_Goblin

It was decided a few weeks back not to give teams an advantage by giving them both tiers . We only offered Leeds the top tier but they complained and there is some ruling about Percentage of the capacity we then had to adhere too which meant we had to give them 350 tickets in the lower tier. You can’t split the lower school end halfway because there isn’t enough facilities

Okay thanks for that - Makes sense now it did have me scratching my head.
School. End Friday on 11:10 - Apr 29 with 2604 viewsLblock

Also......... spread them out and they generate less noise.

A big thumbs up to the club for this

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

School. End Friday on 11:11 - Apr 29 with 2583 viewsDieByYourSide

Seen a figure of 1,816 Leeds fans on Friday. Assumed upper tier on its own would hold that many but perhaps not with the mega-restricted views?

Would be great to keep the home fans in lower tier policy for next year but suppose there's nothing stopping other clubs demanding the extra 350 to hit the 1,800 10% minimum.

At that point is it worth it for the club turning away the extra income?

EDIT - Sheffield Wednesday's allocation was also listed as 1,816 but they were all in the Upper.
[Post edited 29 Apr 11:15]

Poll: And it's hi ho

School. End Friday on 11:20 - Apr 29 with 2512 viewsJuzzie

School. End Friday on 11:11 - Apr 29 by DieByYourSide

Seen a figure of 1,816 Leeds fans on Friday. Assumed upper tier on its own would hold that many but perhaps not with the mega-restricted views?

Would be great to keep the home fans in lower tier policy for next year but suppose there's nothing stopping other clubs demanding the extra 350 to hit the 1,800 10% minimum.

EDIT - Sheffield Wednesday's allocation was also listed as 1,816 but they were all in the Upper.

I think with Leeds fans and considering the importance of the match we had to make an exception and keep them away from the flanks.

Had we given them the flanks any extra income would have been offset by extra expenditure in terms of more stewards & police.
School. End Friday on 11:21 - Apr 29 with 2501 viewsMrSheen

I imagine it being the last game, carrying the risk of fans from both sides wanting to go on the pitch, decided the club against the split lower tier we've seen recently. Noticed that the Leeds fans there were behind the awning rather than allowed at the fence.
Login to get fewer ads

School. End Friday on 11:22 - Apr 29 with 2494 viewsRangersw12

School. End Friday on 11:11 - Apr 29 by DieByYourSide

Be nice to actually find out the official capacity of the ground as we haven't hit 18,000 all season yet had loads of sell outs .
School. End Friday on 11:24 - Apr 29 with 2468 viewsJuzzie

School. End Friday on 11:22 - Apr 29 by Rangersw12

Be nice to actually find out the official capacity of the ground as we haven't hit 18,000 all season yet had loads of sell outs .

'sell-out' refers to tickets made available as opposed to stadium capacity.

I think the ground can hold around 18,300 but for all the reasons discussed over the season it's unlikely we'd ever go to full capacity, unless we were Champions elect and had no away fans.
School. End Friday on 11:27 - Apr 29 with 2452 viewsQPRConor2000

I would continue giving home fans the lower tier next season, maybe there could be something done so the first few rows of seats dont have to be netted off which is annoying tbh, maybe the club could look at having safety netting between the lower and upper tier, that way we dont have to net off the first few rows when Rs fans use the lower.
School. End Friday on 11:29 - Apr 29 with 2440 viewsNorthernr

Well, if Leeds are right and that upper tier doesn't meet the minimum allocation percentage then that gives us a bit of a problem if we want to have the lower tier for us next season doesn't it.
School. End Friday on 11:38 - Apr 29 with 2357 viewsRangersw12

School. End Friday on 11:29 - Apr 29 by Northernr

Well, if Leeds are right and that upper tier doesn't meet the minimum allocation percentage then that gives us a bit of a problem if we want to have the lower tier for us next season doesn't it.

Pretty pathetic asking for an extra 350 tickets tbh but then I wouldn't expect anything less from them
School. End Friday on 11:42 - Apr 29 with 2329 viewsthehat

School. End Friday on 11:27 - Apr 29 by QPRConor2000

I would continue giving home fans the lower tier next season, maybe there could be something done so the first few rows of seats dont have to be netted off which is annoying tbh, maybe the club could look at having safety netting between the lower and upper tier, that way we dont have to net off the first few rows when Rs fans use the lower.

Maybe we could find a way to extend the overhang from the upper to lower tier in the away end which would mean any objects coming down from above would not go into the crowd below and would also allow the lower tier to open the front rows of seats which would also be covered in bad weather and generate a good atmosphere by having a low roof over them.

Surely it is not beyond the wit of man to do this?
School. End Friday on 11:52 - Apr 29 with 2259 viewsHayesender

Sheffield Wednesday also found that loophole. If you remember there was netting between the end block nearest the Ellerslie Road side which had Wednesday fans in it

Poll: Shamima Beghum

School. End Friday on 11:55 - Apr 29 with 2244 viewsHayesender

Also, if this 10% is a thing, why didn't we demand and get 3,200 tickets for Coventry, seeing as their ground holds 32,000?

Poll: Shamima Beghum

School. End Friday on 12:01 - Apr 29 with 2193 viewsslmrstid

School. End Friday on 11:55 - Apr 29 by Hayesender

Also, if this 10% is a thing, why didn't we demand and get 3,200 tickets for Coventry, seeing as their ground holds 32,000?

Wouldn't be surprised if its a minimum of 2,000 / 2,500 OR 10% of the ground capacity, whichever is lower.

I remember when I was a kid Loftus Road was just over 19,000. That capacity has been chipped away at over the years with regulatory changes...
School. End Friday on 12:11 - Apr 29 with 2122 viewsmart_Goblin

Yes that’s the bit I don’t really get .

Man Utd don’t give out 7 1/2 every week
School. End Friday on 12:12 - Apr 29 with 2115 viewsmart_Goblin

School. End Friday on 11:52 - Apr 29 by Hayesender

Sheffield Wednesday also found that loophole. If you remember there was netting between the end block nearest the Ellerslie Road side which had Wednesday fans in it

It was Birmingham but yes you are correct .
School. End Friday on 12:23 - Apr 29 with 2053 viewsMick_S

I’ve got a great idea!

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

School. End Friday on 12:23 - Apr 29 with 2055 viewsE17hoop

School. End Friday on 08:09 - Apr 29 by mart_Goblin

I thought it was to manage an overspill. They expected lots of Leeds fans without tickets to travel and they couldn't let them in. I'd assume the police were involved and made the call to create a space they could be put to avoid public order issues outside the ground.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

School. End Friday on 12:54 - Apr 29 with 1945 viewsJuzzie

Old Trafford holds 74,000 yet allocate 3,000 to away fans which is just 4% so is there actually a fixed percentage ruling or is it something like "2,000 or 10%, whichever is lowest"?

edit: sorry, just seen this has already been brought up and, of course, if we don't use the flanks in the upper tier then we have to give a portion of the lower tier to hit that 10% but can only see that happening a couple of times a season. Allocating 1800 for the upper tier on the whole shouldn't be an issue most of the time I'd imagine.

[Post edited 29 Apr 12:57]
School. End Friday on 13:29 - Apr 29 with 1784 viewsstevec

School. End Friday on 11:10 - Apr 29 by Lblock

Also......... spread them out and they generate less noise.

A big thumbs up to the club for this

Indeed. Imagine the volume of the booing at HT if they’d been allowed to fill both tiers.
School. End Friday on 13:32 - Apr 29 with 1764 viewsnadera78

The Premier League rule is 3,000 seats, or 10% of capacity if the stadium holds less than 30,000. There is some leeway though, because some clubs give a few less when the stadium design doesn't allow the full amount in a segregated way.

I *think* with the EFL it's 2,000 or 10%.

Pretty sure Loftus Rd holds less than 18,000 these days, so the School End Upper should suffice for all visiting teams, and it did for Sheffield Wednesday, so there may be some other reason why Leeds were given extra.
School. End Friday on 13:35 - Apr 29 with 1742 viewsQPRConor2000

EFL rules state away teams are entitled to 10% of capacity if its below 20000, and if its above 20000, its a minimum of 2000 seats.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024