Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ipswich 05:35 - May 1 with 5831 viewsThe_Beast1976

If they go up, then when they inevitably get relegated next season it will mean yet another team doped up on Prem parachute payments which we have to compete with 🤦‍♂️. In all honesty, we'd be better off with Leeds going up (not that I want Leeds to go up of course)..

On a related note, if Ipswich do go up then that's yet another team who have gone up to the Prem with successive promotions. Norwich and Southampton did it as well, which proves that sometimes going down to L1 can be a good thing if you use the time wisely.
[Post edited 1 May 5:37]
Ipswich on 17:26 - May 2 with 1620 viewsSheffieldHoop

Ipswich on 17:10 - May 2 by Pdog

Do you guys ever feel its just part of the club cycle, what will be will be, and there'll always be a another season, and another after that (as long as we don't do a Bury).

I remember at the deepest lows of that league 1 era battered at home to Cardiff after recently Vauxhall Motors, club was dead rangers were gone, finished.. ended the season in the playoff final, promoted next and we were in the prem within 8 yrs.

Yeah, massively. But I think a big part of not becoming Bury is not becoming stagnant. We've become stagnant IMO.

Ipswich were us not long ago, spending more than they could afford, losses covered by a benevolent owner, but not going anywhere. Marcus Evans finally sells up, new owners come in and now look at it.

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Ipswich on 08:57 - May 3 with 1393 viewsTheChef

Ipswich on 17:26 - May 2 by SheffieldHoop

Yeah, massively. But I think a big part of not becoming Bury is not becoming stagnant. We've become stagnant IMO.

Ipswich were us not long ago, spending more than they could afford, losses covered by a benevolent owner, but not going anywhere. Marcus Evans finally sells up, new owners come in and now look at it.

Well maybe we were stagnant the last couple of years or so but hopefully with Cifuentes and Nourry we're coming out of that now.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Ipswich on 09:18 - May 3 with 1362 viewsstowmarketrange

I’m planning on painting Stowmarket blue and white tomorrow evening with a few Ipswich fans,including my son-in-law when I get back from Coventry,assuming there is still some beer left.
I’m sure a few renditions of Leeds falling apart again might be heard.
It shows what proper team spirit can achieve,similar to what we had in 2010-11,rather than a team of gifted individuals.
Ipswich on 12:37 - May 3 with 1249 viewsSheffieldHoop

Ipswich on 08:57 - May 3 by TheChef

Well maybe we were stagnant the last couple of years or so but hopefully with Cifuentes and Nourry we're coming out of that now.

The manager isn't the problem at QPR though. Apart from the start of the season under Ainsworth, I don't think our problem has been the manager for a long time.

We're all scared to criticize the ownership because everyone accepts that we quickly sink/die without them. But surely there is no one else left to blame at this point. And relying on benevolent owners to pay the players is always going to become a bad idea at some stage. We need to find another way.

If that means we cannot compete in the championship in the near future, if we no longer have owners willing to lose a million a month maintaining our Championship place, I'd now rather we just get on with that process of becoming a self-sustainable club. It's the post-FFP world, overpaying players (which we do a lot of) is suicide.

Ipswich on 13:31 - May 3 with 1148 viewsTheChef

Ipswich on 12:37 - May 3 by SheffieldHoop

The manager isn't the problem at QPR though. Apart from the start of the season under Ainsworth, I don't think our problem has been the manager for a long time.

We're all scared to criticize the ownership because everyone accepts that we quickly sink/die without them. But surely there is no one else left to blame at this point. And relying on benevolent owners to pay the players is always going to become a bad idea at some stage. We need to find another way.

If that means we cannot compete in the championship in the near future, if we no longer have owners willing to lose a million a month maintaining our Championship place, I'd now rather we just get on with that process of becoming a self-sustainable club. It's the post-FFP world, overpaying players (which we do a lot of) is suicide.

Well I did mention Nourry as well and it does appear having some new faces at board level also has a positive impact.

Ipswich on 13:38 - May 3 with 1118 viewsAntti_Heinola

Ipswich on 16:50 - May 2 by GaryBannister86

Interesting debate.

Personally, I would usually worry that relegation to League One could be permanent oblivion, but the way our crowds have stood up at the first sign of some decent football has allayed that somewhat. Makes such a difference all round if a decent-sized home ground can be packed out to stop the oblivion train and some good football in League One would no doubt still lead to the numbers.

I do think that the years we were in League One have become ever more romanticised. I know new away days are / were fun, and a win is a win, but we weren't THAT great a side to watch, I personally didn't find the Ainsworth, Bircham blood sweat and tears approach that exhilarating....and we were in the footballing backwater. Great to get out of it, but I do remember it being a bit of a slog.

Maybe I was at a bad age for it, having started with Venables and enjoyed the 90s...which meant I was never likely to be bowing down to the Holloway / Bircham idolisation I guess. Totally understand that I am in the minority there.

Every era romanticises their own.
I loved it - one reason was it coincided with the big era of message boards, and i became friends with a lot of people from dotorg. There was a massive sense of community. I knew people at the club. I met Bill Power. The club started doing videos like 'Cooking with Chris Day'. We were on Soccer AM every other week. It was fun and we won a lot and it was desperate and it was ugly. I could not *wait* to get out that horrible league. But it still has some of my best ever QPR memories. That run to the play-offs first time was the most exhilarating few months as a QPR fan I've ever had - the sprint with Tranmere where we both kept winning every week was amazing. It was great because for a brief period we had the Holy Trinity: Fans, management and Boardroom all on the same page, all helping and supporting each other. When that happens, success always follows.

Bare bones.

Ipswich on 13:42 - May 3 with 1078 viewsSheffieldHoop

Ipswich on 13:31 - May 3 by TheChef

Well I did mention Nourry as well and it does appear having some new faces at board level also has a positive impact.

Alejandro Agag. Ali Russell. Ishan Saksena. Phil Beard. Lee Hoos. We've been down this road several times before.

Ipswich on 13:58 - May 3 with 1051 viewsTheChef

Ipswich on 13:42 - May 3 by SheffieldHoop

Alejandro Agag. Ali Russell. Ishan Saksena. Phil Beard. Lee Hoos. We've been down this road several times before.

Well not all of them were terrible!

Saksena seemed to have his head screwed on properly, shame he wasn't around longer.

Login to get fewer ads

Ipswich on 14:07 - May 3 with 1000 viewsSheffieldHoop

Ipswich on 13:58 - May 3 by TheChef

Saksena seemed to have his head screwed on properly, shame he wasn't around longer.

I think if Saksena was really up to much, another club might've given him a go? In reality, he was always just Amit's mate, there to keep an eye on things.

Nourry does seem a bit more than your average Football CEO - But I still think turning around the culture that has infested QPR over the last decade is potentially too big a job for a 26-year-old first-time football CEO. Maybe I'm wrong, I hope I am.
[Post edited 3 May 14:09]

Ipswich on 10:39 - May 4 with 801 viewsDamo1962

I'd be happy to see us win more games than we lose for starters. After that...anything is possible. Would that be enough for MC...we'll have to see. Winning more often is good for morale.
Ipswich on 14:52 - May 4 with 684 viewsted_hendrix

Finished Six points above Leeds and only One point behind the leagues eventual Champions Leicester City, all things being equal that's quite an achievement.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Ipswich on 14:54 - May 4 with 682 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Congratulations to Ipswich. Back-to-back promotions is an amazing achievement. Wish them well in the Premier League. Nice to see Dom Ball celebrating there at the end.
Ipswich on 16:03 - May 4 with 604 viewsmart_Goblin

Ipswich on 14:54 - May 4 by Benny_the_Ball

Congratulations to Ipswich. Back-to-back promotions is an amazing achievement. Wish them well in the Premier League. Nice to see Dom Ball celebrating there at the end.

Yes I can’t see him playing in the Premier League but congratulations to him and Luongo nonetheless. I wonder if they will release him? I hope not . I can see Luongo playing but maybe only a squad player but you never know. He’s looked very good from what I’ve seen
Ipswich on 16:12 - May 4 with 588 viewsMetallica_Hoop

A girl I know working there today, she just sent me a vid of the pitch celebrations they look great.
Good luck to them, it wasn't that long ago we sent them the Zimbawean chap. (minds gone blank)

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Ipswich on 16:51 - May 4 with 525 viewsCamberleyR

Absolutely phenomenal couple of seasons they've had. 194 points and 193 goals scored.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Ipswich on 16:54 - May 4 with 513 viewslassel

Ipswich on 13:58 - May 3 by TheChef

Eh? Saksena was/is a finance bro playing at working a job like Bhatia.

Their biggest impact was ridding those at the club who were half competent of Briatore’s overbearing micro management and letting them get on with it in peace.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024