Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Spackman 09:24 - May 2 with 3573 viewsGloucs_R

I know we have always used the term for a duplication of a post but I have no idea, or can't remember, where it originated from in the first place.

Can anyone shed any light please?

Poll: Are we staying up?

Spackman on 15:21 - May 2 with 994 viewsBoston

Nigel Spackman's day job is at the Glen Hoddle Academy.

Good gawd...the Ms Stent / Chapper's / whomever, was twenty three years ago!

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Spackman on 15:27 - May 2 with 980 viewsCamberleyR

Spackman on 12:25 - May 2 by CroydonCaptJack

Pretty sure it was something to do with him getting sacked by Barnsley and someone duplicating a thread.

Possibly on Dot.org

That would have been on the original qpr.org

qprdot.org was the breakaway started in the wake of Ben who ran qpr.org having a few personal issues and being absent for a time and no one running the board.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Spackman on 16:13 - May 2 with 908 viewsE15Hoop

Spackman on 13:36 - May 2 by dsw2509

I’ve seen him on Al Jazeera recently.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigel_Spackman

To bring the story as up to date as I could find..
Spackman on 16:40 - May 2 with 868 viewskensalriser

Whatever happened to BT? (not the telecoms co).

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Spackman on 18:57 - May 2 with 777 viewshubble

Spackman on 16:40 - May 2 by kensalriser

Whatever happened to BT? (not the telecoms co).

Ben works in digital media these days. We used to be in touch fairly regularly when I was on facebook, but since I deleted my account (couldn't stand it anymore), I've lost touch with him... and about 500 other people...

It was indeed Ben's temporary absence that caused the demise of the late lamented qpr.org, not because he didn't want to run it anymore, but because it was rather shamelessly usurped by a certain character who was nicknamed 'The Gnome' by the estimable (and oft-mentioned in this thread), Mr R. Chapman esq, AKA Chappers.

Chappers long term absence from QPR messageboards is because he has eschewed football in favour of his true love, county cricket, and Surrey in particular.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Spackman on 00:17 - May 3 with 635 viewsthame_hoops

Spackman on 09:50 - May 2 by loftboy

It was Tracey Stent.

She went through some financial hardship following the R’s home and away if I recall. Hope she’s doing good now. I’m sure she posted on here fairly recently.
Spackman on 01:02 - May 3 with 608 viewsBoston

Spackman on 00:17 - May 3 by thame_hoops

She went through some financial hardship following the R’s home and away if I recall. Hope she’s doing good now. I’m sure she posted on here fairly recently.

Departed Hendon for Cornwall.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Spackman on 05:56 - May 3 with 545 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Regarding Spackman, why did he only last a year with us? Same with Andy Gray.
I was only 12 when they both played for us and I can't remember now!
Login to get fewer ads

Spackman on 09:44 - May 3 with 460 viewsdaveB

Spackman on 13:33 - May 2 by Rs_Holy

and what ever happened to Spackman? ... player ...manager ...Sky pundit ... thin air???

He lives in Shepherds Bush, lovely fella by all accounts
His kids used to go to the school my Mum worked in so she was always giving him stick
Spackman on 09:45 - May 3 with 458 viewsdaveB

Spackman on 00:17 - May 3 by thame_hoops

I saw her at Plymouth recently with her Husband Leon. One of her daughters still goes regularly I think, usually see her in the Conningham before games
Spackman on 15:19 - May 3 with 367 viewsLazyFan

Spackman on 05:56 - May 3 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Regarding Spackman, why did he only last a year with us? Same with Andy Gray.
I was only 12 when they both played for us and I can't remember now!

No idea about Spackers.

But Andy Gray was desperate to get back to London so, he was willing to move to a smaller club from Aston Villa to QPR. The catch was we had plenty of midfielders with Spackman, Reid, Wilkins and Barker so, he played Right-Wing for us. Which he was brilliant at. So, could he started being looked at for an England cap.

But he wanted to play central midfield and moved to Palace (he always really wanted to play for anyway) so, he could play centrally. Here he did pick up his England cap, but faded after that.

Personally I think he should have stayed at right-wing as he was amazing there. He had pace, could dribble, shoot, go past players and decent crossing of the ball. In the middle, he seemed to get passed around and did not have the engine to get up and down the pitch from box to box. But that's where he preferred to play so, we lost him.

When we had Sansom and Gray, George Graham said we would become a force and threaten at the top. Especially after we totally mauled them in the FA Cup 2-0. Arsenal played their best team and best game and still got beat. They had no answer to Wegerle. Also, Ferdinand turned up that year to knock two past Chelsea.

Then we sold these players and it never happened. If we had kept the squad that year and brought in just 1-2, then we would have established ourselves as a force for sure in the following season. We did not and that was a big mistake.

zzzzzzzzzz

Spackman on 17:56 - May 3 with 298 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Spackman on 18:57 - May 2 by hubble

Ben works in digital media these days. We used to be in touch fairly regularly when I was on facebook, but since I deleted my account (couldn't stand it anymore), I've lost touch with him... and about 500 other people...

It was indeed Ben's temporary absence that caused the demise of the late lamented qpr.org, not because he didn't want to run it anymore, but because it was rather shamelessly usurped by a certain character who was nicknamed 'The Gnome' by the estimable (and oft-mentioned in this thread), Mr R. Chapman esq, AKA Chappers.

Chappers long term absence from QPR messageboards is because he has eschewed football in favour of his true love, county cricket, and Surrey in particular.

He still ventures onto FB sometimes mate with QPR related banter.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024