Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good bye Unc,s 12:02 - May 2 with 4628 viewsconnell10

Leaving at the end of the season.Seems a smashing fellow, good luck mate .

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Good bye Unc,s on 14:57 - May 2 with 1510 viewsdaveB

Even in the interview he says he knows he probably outstayed his welcome, a really humble guy and a shame he didn't play for us when he was younger as he was brilliant for Bristol City, Boro and Villa

Played a big part in the start of fundraising for young Dottie and always going above and beyond, sent a nice video message to my son when he was in hospital and followed it up with a few messages checking up on him which he really didn't have to do

That night at Orient was special dancing with the fans after we'd been so long without going to games
Good bye Unc,s on 15:36 - May 2 with 1402 viewsngbqpr

Midweek away game at Villa Park.

Albert, then playing for the oppo, is serenaded with "Albert is a Ranger!" by the travelling...well it wasn't hordes, to be fair, but we sang it loud enough for him to turn round and beam on a couple of occasions.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Good bye Unc,s on 16:06 - May 2 with 1309 viewsPhil_i_P_Daddy

Good bye Unc,s on 12:16 - May 2 by DavieQPR

Ah. Another player retires and just because he.s a nice bloke he should be given a coaches job. Could you imagine how many coaches we would have if we did this every time it was suggested.

I’ve no reason to believe he isn’t a lovely bloke, but throwing the cliché ‘legend” around for an average player who was retained well past his ‘use by’ date strikes me as a tad hyperbolic.

Phil_i_P

Good bye Unc,s on 17:35 - May 2 with 1169 viewsHarbour

The winner v Watford in the away game scored in front of the Rs fans in the away end was a soecial moment..thank you uncs wish you good luck.
Good bye Unc,s on 18:33 - May 2 with 1087 viewslightwaterhoop

Good bye Unc,s on 16:06 - May 2 by Phil_i_P_Daddy

I’ve no reason to believe he isn’t a lovely bloke, but throwing the cliché ‘legend” around for an average player who was retained well past his ‘use by’ date strikes me as a tad hyperbolic.

No one on this thread has called him a 'legend'.
Good bye Unc,s on 20:12 - May 2 with 989 viewsStanisgod

Good bye Unc,s on 16:06 - May 2 by Phil_i_P_Daddy

Where was legend mentioned.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Good bye Unc,s on 21:46 - May 2 with 893 viewskensalriser

The appearances record solves the mystery of Marti suddenly bringing him in from the cold.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Good bye Unc,s on 22:06 - May 2 with 852 viewsLanhoop

Good bye Unc,s on 13:33 - May 2 by ngbqpr

5 away - Watford x 2, Cov, Orient in the cup, Stoke

One at home - Luton behind closed doors.

So no Loft End goal with fans in - but he certainly milked most of the others :)

You've missed the opener in the 2-1 away win at Birmingham (2 years ago?). He ran the length of the pitch to dance in front of us.
Login to get fewer ads

Good bye Unc,s on 22:09 - May 2 with 844 viewscaptainmycaptian

Good bye Unc,s on 13:33 - May 2 by ngbqpr

5 away - Watford x 2, Cov, Orient in the cup, Stoke

One at home - Luton behind closed doors.

So no Loft End goal with fans in - but he certainly milked most of the others :)

One at Hull which was wrongly ruled of side by aa vengeful pissed of big boned linesman (pieabectic)
Who issues around food and the effect on his waist line had be every so politely pointed of by most of the home end in a witty well known song. It was a goal and would have won us the game.
Good bye Unc,s on 22:58 - May 2 with 713 viewsqueensparker

A great signing on footballing reasons alone particularly in his first season, scored some important goals.

A great singing on the “right sort” metric, clearly someone who loves playing to the extent he was playing in U21 games with a smile on his face this season.

He’s not a Rangers fanatic in the Gallen or Bircham mould so always treated the “QPR
fan” thing with a pinch of salt but he’s proved himself a Rangers man through and through.

Thank you Uncle
[Post edited 2 May 23:00]
Good bye Unc,s on 23:02 - May 2 with 707 viewsqueensparker

Good bye Unc,s on 21:46 - May 2 by kensalriser

The appearances record solves the mystery of Marti suddenly bringing him in from the cold.

It’s a good point that. If Marti realised the situation and gave him enough chances to break the record when frankly on merit it wasn’t going to happen then that makes me like our manager even more
Good bye Unc,s on 23:16 - May 2 with 669 viewsstainrods_elbow

Talented, super-committed, and, as Marti made clear, a vital part of the squad this season, albeit more off than on the field. I didn't get, and didn't like, the barbs from one or two on here that his fitness and form were some shade of embarrassment this campaign when he appeared - if anything, I'm sure he could have played more. As a winger, even now, he's probably still at least as skilled and able as Smyth, and quite possibly more so - or do I have my blue and white specs on?

Hats off to you, Uncs, and hope you find a really nice club for your final year or so.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Good bye Unc,s on 23:21 - May 2 with 667 viewsMrSheen

He loved playing and I loved watching him. Hard to beat the fun of him making an idiot of an angry fullback as he ran the clock down (in the days we had leafs on home games). Thanks for the memories, Uncs.
Good bye Unc,s on 04:12 - May 3 with 556 viewsMatch82

I would imagine he'll get a similar cameo at Coventry. How wonderful it feels to be going into the last game of the season with nothing to play for and the luxury of feeling like we can make some sentimental rather than results based decisions around selection.
Good bye Unc,s on 07:13 - May 3 with 489 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Cheers Uncle A

I hope he gets another season or 2 elsewhere.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Good bye Unc,s on 07:27 - May 3 with 480 viewsslmrstid

Good bye Unc,s on 21:46 - May 2 by kensalriser

I thought this after seeing the whole shebang last Friday, definitely been getting token appearances to get him to the record!
Good bye Unc,s on 07:52 - May 3 with 439 viewsParkRoyalR

Good bye Unc,s on 07:27 - May 3 by slmrstid

I thought this after seeing the whole shebang last Friday, definitely been getting token appearances to get him to the record!

Showed his experience + played well at Plymouth until unfortunate deflection.

Well done Marti for giving Albert and the home fans that opportunity v Leeds.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024