Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
National league 22:32 - May 2 with 4883 viewsstowmarketrange

I just saw the national league playoff final this Sunday is between Bromley and Solihull moors,one of which will be playing in the EFL next season.
I think Marcus Bignott used to be at Solihull,so do we support them or hope to get Bromley in the league cup next season?
National league on 22:40 - May 2 with 3459 viewscolinallcars

Bromley for me
National league on 23:29 - May 2 with 3292 viewsaston_hoop

We could possibly get Solihull Moors in the League Cup first round too. Birmingham City were in the Southern section last season. With Sutton and Forest Green dropping out of the league and Chesterfield coming up, its very possible!

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

National league on 00:11 - May 3 with 3217 viewsturnsey

Bromley boast Mitchel Bergkamp (son of some Dutchman or other) and former Ranger Cole Kpekawa among their ranks. Don't remember much about Kpekawa to be honest, but apparently played for us six times total in the league and once in the Prem after coming through.
National league on 00:58 - May 3 with 3133 viewsBoston

National league on 22:40 - May 2 by colinallcars

Bromley for me

...and for them.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

National league on 07:29 - May 3 with 2925 viewsMetallica_Hoop

The both have tidy grounds Solihull especially.

I thought this was interesting on the Bromley one:

"The record attendance at the ground of 10,798 was set on 24 September 1948 for a friendly game between Bromley and a Nigeria XI." Not Spurs or Man Utd etc but a Nigeria XI; isn't an XI like when we play Harrow Horough and take 3 players and a load of random youth and trialists.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

National league on 07:49 - May 3 with 2866 viewsdmm

I'd like to see Bromley do it as I occasionally get down there to see a match. They'll have to replace their artificial pitch if they make it. Their bar though is fantastic - very spacious and serves a few decent ales.
National league on 08:00 - May 3 with 2851 viewsstowmarketrange

National league on 07:49 - May 3 by dmm

I'd like to see Bromley do it as I occasionally get down there to see a match. They'll have to replace their artificial pitch if they make it. Their bar though is fantastic - very spacious and serves a few decent ales.

Is that feasible in 3 months to replace the pitch?And didn’t that affect another club quite badly?The artificial pitch was used everyday by community groups and schools,but they had to replace it with grass,and they lost all the income they were getting from renting the pitch,and the extra costs of replacing it almost bankrupted the club?
National league on 08:31 - May 3 with 2762 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

National league on 07:49 - May 3 by dmm

THey're not allowed an artificial pitch in League 2? So England can play international qualifiers on artificial pitches and teams can use them in the Champions League... But the EFL couldn't possibly allow them in League 2?

Between that and the Gateshead mess you have to wonder of the EFL take themselves a bit too seriously. It's pathetic.
Login to get fewer ads

National league on 08:57 - May 3 with 2697 viewsdmm

National league on 08:00 - May 3 by stowmarketrange

Is that feasible in 3 months to replace the pitch?And didn’t that affect another club quite badly?The artificial pitch was used everyday by community groups and schools,but they had to replace it with grass,and they lost all the income they were getting from renting the pitch,and the extra costs of replacing it almost bankrupted the club?

Bromley must have a plan in place to do this. They've been edging toward promotion for a number of seasons now and I believe the owner has invested quite heavily.

You make a good point re community groups' income but I just don't know.
National league on 09:01 - May 3 with 2684 viewsdmm

National league on 08:31 - May 3 by Padulas_Shampoo

THey're not allowed an artificial pitch in League 2? So England can play international qualifiers on artificial pitches and teams can use them in the Champions League... But the EFL couldn't possibly allow them in League 2?

Between that and the Gateshead mess you have to wonder of the EFL take themselves a bit too seriously. It's pathetic.

No artificial pitches are allowed in the top 4 leagues. For example, Sutton had to replace theirs in 2021 when they gained promotion from the National league.
National league on 09:42 - May 3 with 2620 viewsdaveB

National league on 00:11 - May 3 by turnsey

Bromley boast Mitchel Bergkamp (son of some Dutchman or other) and former Ranger Cole Kpekawa among their ranks. Don't remember much about Kpekawa to be honest, but apparently played for us six times total in the league and once in the Prem after coming through.

bloke at work is an Everton fan but got a season ticket at Bromley and loves it. Said Bergkamp is basically there to sell shirts, hardly ever plays and when he does he's dreadful. He did get to have a drink with his Dad though which he brags about a lot

As for Kpekawa he was one of the ones Ferdinand was slaughtered for letting go, sold him for a small fee and went on to do nothing
National league on 10:08 - May 3 with 2571 viewsterryb

National league on 09:01 - May 3 by dmm

No artificial pitches are allowed in the top 4 leagues. For example, Sutton had to replace theirs in 2021 when they gained promotion from the National league.

And so did Harrogate.
National league on 10:12 - May 3 with 2541 viewsAntti_Heinola

Interesting. I've been around Bromley before on match days and while not seen any trouble, I've frequently seen groups of men who are old enough to know better and probably don't go to Chelsea anymore desperately looking for trouble. They have a bit of a reputation in non-league circles, don't they? Or am i dreaming it?

Bare bones.

National league on 12:13 - May 3 with 2373 viewsGuppy22

National league on 10:12 - May 3 by Antti_Heinola

Interesting. I've been around Bromley before on match days and while not seen any trouble, I've frequently seen groups of men who are old enough to know better and probably don't go to Chelsea anymore desperately looking for trouble. They have a bit of a reputation in non-league circles, don't they? Or am i dreaming it?

Growing up in Bromley I used to watch them in my youth when qpr were away, crowds were only around 400, the club has grown massively since then and the infrastructure is ready for the EFL, some of the fans are morons down there but I guess every club has the issue. A few years ago they had a fair bit of trouble against Ebbsfleet.

Hope they go up but unfortunately my son is away and no one else wants to go so will be supporting them from home and would be great to draw them in the league cup
National league on 12:47 - May 3 with 2299 viewseghamranger

National league on 12:13 - May 3 by Guppy22

Growing up in Bromley I used to watch them in my youth when qpr were away, crowds were only around 400, the club has grown massively since then and the infrastructure is ready for the EFL, some of the fans are morons down there but I guess every club has the issue. A few years ago they had a fair bit of trouble against Ebbsfleet.

Hope they go up but unfortunately my son is away and no one else wants to go so will be supporting them from home and would be great to draw them in the league cup

Cole Kpekawa has had 14 clubs in 10 years. That might tell a story… I’m sure he left as he had a bit of a attitude or didn’t train or something
National league on 12:51 - May 3 with 2248 viewsSheffieldHoop

National league on 12:47 - May 3 by eghamranger

Cole Kpekawa has had 14 clubs in 10 years. That might tell a story… I’m sure he left as he had a bit of a attitude or didn’t train or something

I believe he went on trial with a Prem League club while with us......But got sent home after being caught trying to arrange an orgy with local women on Tinder

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

National league on 13:17 - May 3 with 2168 viewsizlingtonhoop

National league on 00:58 - May 3 by Boston

...and for them.

My first thought too..

"I always wanted to meet you.."
National league on 13:37 - May 3 with 2087 viewsTheChef

I went to Barnet v Bromley the other week, didn't think they were anything too special. Luke Freeman playing for Barnet, not quite as svelte as he used to be.

Barnet having been second nearly all season, get gumped 4-0 at home in the semi final by Solihull Moors last weekend, who now play Bromley in the final.

Funny old game, Saint.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

National league on 13:43 - May 3 with 2060 viewsWatford_Ranger

Had planned to go to Worthing as it would be a new ground and not far from me. Website crashed immediately and loads of real fans missed out. Anyone who could get through could buy four and now we’ve got touts for a division six match. Locals not happy.
National league on 14:51 - May 3 with 1925 viewswelwynranger

Re Bromley.
Saw a really god film on Netflix.
Called The Bromley Boys.
A true story about Bromley F.C under threat of going into liquidation. A young fan sets of on a mission to keep the club alive.
Despite the chairman at the time wanting them to go under because his buisness is bankrupt and can no longer afford to keep it going.
Great story
National league on 14:55 - May 3 with 1908 viewsWatford_Ranger

National league on 14:51 - May 3 by welwynranger

Re Bromley.
Saw a really god film on Netflix.
Called The Bromley Boys.
A true story about Bromley F.C under threat of going into liquidation. A young fan sets of on a mission to keep the club alive.
Despite the chairman at the time wanting them to go under because his buisness is bankrupt and can no longer afford to keep it going.
Great story

The guy - forgotten his name now- wrote a few books on them but died 2/3 years ago unfortunately. The books aren’t bad.

Dave Roberts.
National league on 15:06 - May 3 with 1879 viewsqpr1976

National league on 00:58 - May 3 by Boston

...and for them.

Quite the ‘Contingent’.

Siouxsie & Severin, don’t recognise any others.
I thought young William Idol was part of that crew too ?
[Post edited 3 May 15:06]
National league on 15:25 - May 3 with 1823 viewsknocker

Remember watching Rangers play Bromley at Hayes Lane in pre season friendly. Mark Falco scored for us I'm sure in a win.
National league on 15:27 - May 3 with 1812 viewsdmm

National league on 14:55 - May 3 by Watford_Ranger

The guy - forgotten his name now- wrote a few books on them but died 2/3 years ago unfortunately. The books aren’t bad.

Dave Roberts.

The book The Bromley Boys by Dave Roberts is a fun read and much better than the film. If you were a kid following football in the 60s/70s you'd find it rather nostalgic and relate to Dave's story.
National league on 15:50 - May 3 with 1753 viewsBoston

National league on 15:06 - May 3 by qpr1976

Quite the ‘Contingent’.

Siouxsie & Severin, don’t recognise any others.
I thought young William Idol was part of that crew too ?
[Post edited 3 May 15:06]

He was, but that pic is only half of 'em.

Didn't know any of them personally, but knew who they were, chatted to some occasionally. Tragically the girl at the top on the right hand side (she worked for Malcolm & Viviennr) died of some sort of cancer within months of this photo being taken.
[Post edited 3 May 15:54]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024