Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Friday music fred music heard around the house when you were growing up 07:36 - May 3 with 1869 viewsDaBurgh

My parents were born in the late 20's and were teenagers during the war. I grew up in the sixties, with my mom filling the house with 'big band' music.
Even my high school principal, Mr. Rudder would play Glenn Miller over the school PA system every morning before classes started.
This one's for you Mom and Mr. Rudder.
[Post edited 3 May 7:36]
Friday music fred music heard around the house when you were growing up on 07:44 - May 3 with 1500 viewsMrSheen

Around the house wasn’t too bad, but in the car there was no escape.

Friday music fred music heard around the house when you were growing up on 07:51 - May 3 with 1488 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I always associate this song with Sundays.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Friday music fred music heard around the house when you were growing up on 08:05 - May 3 with 1474 viewsSpaceman_P

Mum was a big UB40 fan and for some reason this tune, sends me back to my childhood.

Friday music fred music heard around the house when you were growing up on 08:47 - May 3 with 1444 viewsBrianMcCarthy

One for my Mom:

And one for my Dad:

Great idea for a thread, DaBurgh. My house, thankfully, had music dripping from the walls.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Friday music fred music heard around the house when you were growing up on 10:21 - May 3 with 1347 viewsEsox_Lucius

Mainly this sung by my father...

when I was a little older it was Bill Haley, Elvis etc. on the radio then, when I got a Saturday job, the shop owner was always singing Al Jolson songs

The grass is always greener.

Friday music fred music heard around the house when you were growing up on 10:41 - May 3 with 1308 viewsLanhoop

Motown Chartbusters LP's, usually in just the white paper sleeve having come out the back door of the pressing plant in Hayes.

This song in particular...

Friday music fred music heard around the house when you were growing up on 10:55 - May 3 with 1278 viewsted_hendrix

This used to loudly come out of a huge second hand gramophone player whilst my old Dad used to sing along when he was In the bloody bath.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Friday music fred music heard around the house when you were growing up on 11:06 - May 3 with 1262 viewsqpr_1968

this ones for you mum...

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Login to get fewer ads

Friday music fred music heard around the house when you were growing up on 11:48 - May 3 with 1213 viewsCroydonCaptJack

My Mum was a big Motown fan and liked loads of different Motown acts. My Dad only seemed to like the Carpenters and was mercilessly barracked for that, even to this day (he was 90 last week and we put a couple of their tracks on the party playlist!)

Anyway, it has to be the long version of this one. An intro to die for and the strings

Friday music fred music heard around the house when you were growing up on 12:04 - May 3 with 1187 viewsSuperhoop83

Suffering since 1978.

Friday music fred music heard around the house when you were growing up on 12:39 - May 3 with 1144 viewsRs_Holy

Friday music fred music heard around the house when you were growing up on 12:57 - May 3 with 1125 viewsSydneyRs

Lots of Irish music. Some good (rebel songs etc), some terrible (e.g.Daniel O'Donnell).

Also not in our house but growing up in Harlesden a backdrop of reggae music was common.
Friday music fred music heard around the house when you were growing up on 13:04 - May 3 with 1102 viewshubble

When me and my brother were little we used to race around the front room to this, which was our Dad's favourite 78 rpm LP - yes, I'm that old.

Not much later I remember mum coming home with this, which we played over and over:

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Friday music fred music heard around the house when you were growing up on 13:42 - May 3 with 1049 viewsSonofpugwash

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Friday music fred music heard around the house when you were growing up on 14:33 - May 3 with 994 viewsBluce_Ree

Mercifully, my mum wasn't that arsed about music back then (she's way more into it now). Of all the albums I remember her having, the only song that entertained me at all was this one.

I was lucky in that my brother and sister are older than me so I grew up listening to punk and new wave.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Friday music fred music heard around the house when you were growing up on 14:44 - May 3 with 989 viewscolinallcars

When I grew up my brother had just come back from army service in Berlin. The US soldiers turned him on to jazz. Soon the whole family were jazz fans.
Friday music fred music heard around the house when you were growing up on 14:49 - May 3 with 984 viewsSonofpugwash

My mum always playing this suff,got my love of music from her.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Friday music fred music heard around the house when you were growing up on 17:06 - May 3 with 900 viewsMick_S

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Friday music fred music heard around the house when you were growing up on 18:04 - May 3 with 861 viewsGus_iom

My mum used to play the soundtrack to 'Evita', .my dad James Galway.
When I was 16 I left home, moved into a squat, took as many drugs as I could get my hands on and listened to the loudest music possible, but, alas, I never really recovered from the initial trauma.
Friday music fred music heard around the house when you were growing up on 18:32 - May 3 with 836 viewsloftboy

My mum was a huge fan, I recently found out she sang a duet with him in a pub in east London when she was a teen.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Friday music fred music heard around the house when you were growing up on 19:01 - May 3 with 806 viewsngbqpr

Friday music fred music heard around the house when you were growing up on 12:57 - May 3 by SydneyRs

Lots of Irish music. Some good (rebel songs etc), some terrible (e.g.Daniel O'Donnell).

Also not in our house but growing up in Harlesden a backdrop of reggae music was common.

Haha I remember being on holiday with my Dublin-born mother in Donegal - my first 'gig', as a 6 year old, was a guy with his acoustic guitar in the hotel bar.

I absolutely lapped up the likes of Whisky in the Jar and the number below...but mum made a point of packing us little English-accented kids off to bed "when the rebel songs started".

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Friday music fred music heard around the house when you were growing up on 19:04 - May 3 with 800 viewsngbqpr

Friday music fred music heard around the house when you were growing up on 14:44 - May 3 by colinallcars

When I grew up my brother had just come back from army service in Berlin. The US soldiers turned him on to jazz. Soon the whole family were jazz fans.

My mum sang this to me in the bath, also Try A Little Tenderness - but she didn't have many records, so it was years before I knew who they were by and managed to buy them...falling in love big time with both Louis Jordan and Otis Redding's catalogues.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Friday music fred music heard around the house when you were growing up on 19:09 - May 3 with 794 viewsjohann28

Nice one.

Dad liked his jazz, I heard this one a million times

Mum liked this one, remember going to see the film with her. When men were men and women were women etc ...

Friday music fred music heard around the house when you were growing up on 19:27 - May 3 with 765 viewsHAYESBOY

My Mum and Dad used to have these K-Tel albums in the mis 70's. There was one called Souled Out and this song below was the one I remember liking the most.

Just found the below.

[Post edited 3 May 19:29]

Smells like a trout farm in here

Friday music fred music heard around the house when you were growing up on 00:39 - May 4 with 686 viewsrbee

Usually music playing in our house, Abba, Elton and ONJ probably the most popular, I had to keep the Thin Lizzy to myself!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024