Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Midlands Beach Party - Coventry Versus QPR Match Thread 07:19 - May 4 with 22797 viewsSpaceman_P

Okay Okay, I know South Africa has the rightful reign for this thread and because of him we stayed up. South Africa you can return in the new season, as I know you will keep us up.

But seeing as it's the last game of the season.... I'll do the last one for old times sakes if that's okay with you all.

Obviously we're going to win.

Uncs with a nicely slotted goal to end his QPR career and Dykes with a brace.

3 - 1 QPR.

Marti can break out the sangria as soon as the final whistle goes. As I live in Spain myself and know how these things are. I will personally kill and cook a whole pig for Marti, the guy deserves to at least run for parliament in his local constituency.

Will we see a Tyler Richards subs bench appearance?

Midlands Beach Party - Coventry Versus QPR Match Thread on 14:31 - May 4 with 2674 viewsted_hendrix

Midlands Beach Party - Coventry Versus QPR Match Thread on 14:30 - May 4 by stevec

Dozzell, Laird, Taylor Roberts, best work of the season.

And Rooney.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Midlands Beach Party - Coventry Versus QPR Match Thread on 14:34 - May 4 with 2569 viewsdmm

Walsh, Fox and EDB will have given Cifuentes something to think about. Cannon not so much. I don't think any will be starters but good enough as squad players.
Midlands Beach Party - Coventry Versus QPR Match Thread on 14:34 - May 4 with 2559 viewsstevec

Midlands Beach Party - Coventry Versus QPR Match Thread on 14:31 - May 4 by ted_hendrix

And Rooney.

True but I don’t think even he could have done it without them.

Hope we’re coming up with a cunning plan for the other Tyler.
Midlands Beach Party - Coventry Versus QPR Match Thread on 14:34 - May 4 with 2574 viewsQuillPenRiot

Midlands Beach Party - Coventry Versus QPR Match Thread on 14:30 - May 4 by terryb

I can't stop myself laughing at Birmingham!

Not that it mattered, but bringing Armstrong on for Dixon-Bonner nearly cost us.

56 points! Who would have believed that was a possibility?

EDB did all right, sometimes telegraphed passes against an aggressive defense. Armstrong is very limited, Dykes is less limited..major surgery needed in the off season up front
Midlands Beach Party - Coventry Versus QPR Match Thread on 14:35 - May 4 with 2552 viewsperpignanR

Fair play to the Wendy’s, 4 wins and 2 draws from last six.
Midlands Beach Party - Coventry Versus QPR Match Thread on 14:36 - May 4 with 2501 viewsloftboy

Stoke sneak above us on goals scored

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Midlands Beach Party - Coventry Versus QPR Match Thread on 14:37 - May 4 with 2491 viewsHoopsie

Midlands Beach Party - Coventry Versus QPR Match Thread on 14:31 - May 4 by ted_hendrix

And Rooney.

Eustace has his poetic justice served

Beat both Leeds and Leicester away

Imagine what and where would Birmingham be if they kept it sane

But thank God at the start of the season we were looking at 3 worst than us - and we found one just as bad as they were on but off the field as well
[Post edited 4 May 14:39]

Poll: Who will follow Rotherham and Huddersfield to League One?

Midlands Beach Party - Coventry Versus QPR Match Thread on 14:38 - May 4 with 2415 viewsAntti_Heinola

Midlands Beach Party - Coventry Versus QPR Match Thread on 14:27 - May 4 by Malintabuk

Spot on Ted a win is a win and when the dust as settled we can look back on a pretty frustrating season but a season that as ended with a lot of hope for the future.
That will totally depend on Mart staying and building on this
The summer will be interesting, who is staying who is going and more importantly if we can get anyone in

I think the reality is it was a season in three thirds.
First third absolutely diabolical.
Second third an improvement.
Third third, really, pretty decent - couple of poor results, but couple of snorters too.

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

Midlands Beach Party - Coventry Versus QPR Match Thread on 14:40 - May 4 with 2361 viewslassel

Bit of Deja vu seeing the Brum players just shrug their shoulders and run off down the tunnel at FT.

A cautionary tale for all that tossers in one team will be tossers in another.
Midlands Beach Party - Coventry Versus QPR Match Thread on 14:42 - May 4 with 2291 viewskensalriser

Midlands Beach Party - Coventry Versus QPR Match Thread on 14:34 - May 4 by stevec

True but I don’t think even he could have done it without them.

Hope we’re coming up with a cunning plan for the other Tyler.

We don't have another Tyler.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Midlands Beach Party - Coventry Versus QPR Match Thread on 14:43 - May 4 with 2272 viewsNed_Kennedys

Good win and a great end to the season.

Will be interesting to hear from people at the game about the players’ reactions to the fans at the end: normally a good indication as to who is off in the summer.
Midlands Beach Party - Coventry Versus QPR Match Thread on 14:50 - May 4 with 2133 viewsloftus77

Midlands Beach Party - Coventry Versus QPR Match Thread on 14:22 - May 4 by Damo1962

Ol Big Head was prodigious alright. I'd love to see a thirty goals striker play for us again - who was the last ?

Clive Allen I'm thinking ,1979-80?

Fine result today again - the Stoke goals scored thing - meh.

Well done to everyone who went. 8 away wins!
Midlands Beach Party - Coventry Versus QPR Match Thread on 14:52 - May 4 with 2106 viewsdmm

Midlands Beach Party - Coventry Versus QPR Match Thread on 14:43 - May 4 by Ned_Kennedys

Good win and a great end to the season.

Will be interesting to hear from people at the game about the players’ reactions to the fans at the end: normally a good indication as to who is off in the summer.

It seemed from the stream that at the end while the players went over and applauded the fans, Willock stayed chatting to a couple of Coventry players. Take that as you will.
Midlands Beach Party - Coventry Versus QPR Match Thread on 14:53 - May 4 with 2093 viewsCamberleyR

Midlands Beach Party - Coventry Versus QPR Match Thread on 14:22 - May 4 by Damo1962

Ol Big Head was prodigious alright. I'd love to see a thirty goals striker play for us again - who was the last ?

Must be Clive Allen in 79/80.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Midlands Beach Party - Coventry Versus QPR Match Thread on 15:04 - May 4 with 1943 viewsrbee

A great way to end the season, nobody was on the beach today. Apart from one lapse a thoroughhly professional performance from Marti, his staff and the players.

All we have to do is repeat that 46 times next season.

So pleased that Joe Walsh had a good game, it was different to see a young keeper leaping around in his area.

Cheers Albert!
Midlands Beach Party - Coventry Versus QPR Match Thread on 15:05 - May 4 with 1933 viewssmudgehoop

Another entertaining game with a moment of sheer class from Chair.

Great to see Walsh have such a great debut.

Lovely to see Uncs come on for his farewell.

Above all else, well done to us fans.

We backed the team through thick and thin this season and got rewarded in the end.

The QPR swagger is back.

Here's to next season.

See you there.

C'mon u Rs!

Midlands Beach Party - Coventry Versus QPR Match Thread on 15:09 - May 4 with 1882 viewsbaz_qpr

It's truly astonishing that given where we were at Watford and the first 1/3rd of the season that taken from Jan1st our form for 2024 puts us in the playoffs.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/championship/formtabelle/wettbewerb/GB2?saison_id=
Midlands Beach Party - Coventry Versus QPR Match Thread on 15:11 - May 4 with 1850 viewsstrikerace

Midlands Beach Party - Coventry Versus QPR Match Thread on 14:29 - May 4 by GaryT

Last 8 games Oh! suits you sir! (Bloody Millwall)

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/championship/form-guide/eight

edit
0-2 today and we would be top of that 8 game table.
[Post edited 4 May 14:31]

Wow the teams at the bottom who stayed up, like us, really deserved it. Looking at the last 6, the top 7 include us, Plymouth, Sheffield, Millwall, and Stoke. Teams won their way in, not backed in.
Midlands Beach Party - Coventry Versus QPR Match Thread on 15:26 - May 4 with 1697 viewsManinBlack

Very pleased to win today in view of how they rolled us over the last two times we met at Loftus Road. 8 away wins is a good return from us and a big reason why we stayed up.
Midlands Beach Party - Coventry Versus QPR Match Thread on 15:32 - May 4 with 1651 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Midlands Beach Party - Coventry Versus QPR Match Thread on 15:11 - May 4 by strikerace

Wow the teams at the bottom who stayed up, like us, really deserved it. Looking at the last 6, the top 7 include us, Plymouth, Sheffield, Millwall, and Stoke. Teams won their way in, not backed in.

I know I am like a broken record but SW were bottom of the league and dead and buired when the new guy came in and played superb stuff to survive fair play to them.
Between Marti and Rohl they have performed miracles with basically the same players who got them in trouble that is some feat .
Plymouth saved themselves and Millwall pulled the trigger and changed Managers who worked his own magic .
It gets tougher and tougher each year but the teams comming down in the next 2 weeks are nowhere close to Leicester and Leeds or Southampton IMO so its game on next year
Midlands Beach Party - Coventry Versus QPR Match Thread on 15:37 - May 4 with 1601 viewsmart_Goblin

Very professional performance that, when at times we had to sit in and try and hit them on the break.
Fox played well I thought and Joe Walsh was impressive too. Might need more composure playing out with his feet but that’s to be expected . Cook great again

EDB and Cannon pretty good in patches but also show enough weaknesses to only be squad players next season, but decent ones I think .

Just a huge thank you to Marti and Xavi for an incredible turn around without whom we’d have been relegated weeks and weeks ago.
Fans sounded tremendous again on the feed.
Enjoy the summer break everyone.
Midlands Beach Party - Coventry Versus QPR Match Thread on 15:44 - May 4 with 1546 viewsizlingtonhoop

Who woulda thought at the turn of the year, we'd end on the same points as Sunderland?
Midlands Beach Party - Coventry Versus QPR Match Thread on 16:05 - May 4 with 1428 viewsAntti_Heinola

Midlands Beach Party - Coventry Versus QPR Match Thread on 15:44 - May 4 by izlingtonhoop

Who woulda thought at the turn of the year, we'd end on the same points as Sunderland?

Wonder how many points we reeled them in for? Must be something like 18?

Bare bones.

Midlands Beach Party - Coventry Versus QPR Match Thread on 16:10 - May 4 with 1371 viewshantssi

Midlands Beach Party - Coventry Versus QPR Match Thread on 15:44 - May 4 by izlingtonhoop

And Watford?!
Midlands Beach Party - Coventry Versus QPR Match Thread on 16:13 - May 4 with 1330 viewsCamberleyR

Midlands Beach Party - Coventry Versus QPR Match Thread on 16:05 - May 4 by Antti_Heinola

Wonder how many points we reeled them in for? Must be something like 18?

Good guess, it was 19. They were sixth with 40 points, we were second bottom on 21.

Brum were 7 ahead of us, Plymouth 8 and Blackburn 11!

https://www.11v11.com/league-tables/league-championship/01-january-2024/

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024