Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joe Walsh 14:26 - May 4 with 8365 viewssilky

Special mention to Joe. Thought he had a really solid game. Never saw much of him before today and was really impressed with his display.

Great end to the season! 👌

Poll: Do you think this current QPR team has got what is takes to go up this year?

Joe Walsh on 14:31 - May 4 with 4583 viewsterryb

He played very well apart from his distribution.

I thought Dixon-Bonner was quite good as well.
Joe Walsh on 14:32 - May 4 with 4568 viewsconnell10

I ain't seen the game yet , but it was a big ask for a young keeper to make his first league start of the season and if he done well good on him.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Joe Walsh on 14:38 - May 4 with 4501 viewsbenhurst

Really good today, his kicking (distance-wise at least!) is much better than Begovic and he claimed a decent amount of corners/crosses comfortably. It'll be interesting to see what the club decide to do with the keepers next season, he's certainly done himself no harm today.
[Post edited 4 May 14:44]
Joe Walsh on 14:46 - May 4 with 4405 viewsdmm

Yep, he performed better than I thought he would. He's been very well thought of but I don't think I'd seen him prove himself. Today he did. I'm not sure he'll be our no 1 keeper next year but should certainly be the no 2.
Joe Walsh on 14:50 - May 4 with 4315 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Apart from pushing one save back into the danger area, I thought he was pretty solid on debut. Well done, young man.
[Post edited 5 May 14:18]
Joe Walsh on 14:59 - May 4 with 4251 viewsbaz_qpr

Certainly looked good enough.

As did Dixon Bonner who we should certainly be giving a contract renewal, a good passer, tired 2nd half though, but not played for a while since Hodge etc came in
Joe Walsh on 15:03 - May 4 with 4206 viewsHoopsie

Is he good feet, playing from the back?

Poll: Who will follow Rotherham and Huddersfield to League One?

Joe Walsh on 15:28 - May 4 with 4065 viewsgolborne

Joe Walsh on 14:31 - May 4 by terryb

I thought someone would.

You noticed the over play that we got out of and the slice a minute later.
Other than that his distribution was fine. Great starting positions, some cracking saves, good hands on corners, so it’s a why not for me, if he’s gonna be like that every week.
When the club signed him there was a lot of excitement from them regarding his prospects, but
we’ve seen little of him, which I’ve found strange.
Looks very assured, if today is what he’s about
Login to get fewer ads

Joe Walsh on 15:32 - May 4 with 4036 viewsHAYESBOY

Shot stopping was excellent. A couple of distribution errors but did not look out of place. Coventry commentators were impressed.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Joe Walsh on 15:46 - May 4 with 3939 viewsMetallica_Hoop

He did very well I thought too.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Joe Walsh on 15:55 - May 4 with 3880 viewsderbyhoop

Joe Walsh on 14:31 - May 4 by terryb

AFAIK both are out of contract. I'm sure that will be addressed in next 2 weeks.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Joe Walsh on 16:05 - May 4 with 3806 viewsHAYESBOY

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/2024/may/04/walsh-post-coventry/

Speaks well.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Joe Walsh on 16:10 - May 4 with 3745 viewsflynnbo

Very courageous too.
Joe Walsh on 17:09 - May 4 with 3484 viewsdm97

Great performance. Think he needs a year under his belt at L1/2 and get experience - Dieng at Doncaster e.g.. Putting him in as no1 too early could be damaging, 22 is so young for a keeper
Joe Walsh on 17:13 - May 4 with 3444 viewsNorthantsHoop

Thought he had a good game couple of great saves.
Joe Walsh on 17:23 - May 4 with 3390 viewsRanger_1969

Impressive and brave. He did very well, I thought
Joe Walsh on 17:34 - May 4 with 3291 viewsdannyblue

Didn't look out of place at all. One misplaced chip, and a decent saved punched into a danger area (that Hayden handled and cleared), but first team championship keepers do this. At least one very good save, and some good claims too. I'd be happy if he was offered a new contract based on this showing.
Joe Walsh on 17:36 - May 4 with 3271 viewsGloucs_R

I thought he did really well for his debut. Pulled off some really solid saves and ensured the ball was deflected into safe areas.

Claimed a couple of decent crosses which would have given him lots of confidence.

I said it in the match thread but his distribution needs a bit more work. Difficult to tell whether he can play as a sweeper keeper from that game. Agree with the above, a loan to a league one or two club would really benefit him. But I wouldn't be in any urgent rush to sign a keeper. I would give him a few games of preseason to really see what he's about. Although the back room team will know this already.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Joe Walsh on 19:05 - May 4 with 2985 viewsBlackCrowe

Good performance but probably not the obvious no.1 answer next season.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Joe Walsh on 19:20 - May 4 with 2905 viewsLongsufferingR

The suicidal short backpass that Paal sent his way early on was a real test for him! Dealt with it well.
Joe Walsh on 19:21 - May 4 with 2896 viewsDorse

Made a very solid debut. I was really hoping he'd cap it off with a clean sheet because his defensive performance was great.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Joe Walsh on 19:50 - May 4 with 2797 viewsaston_hoop

Clearly a very good shot stopper. A few years younger than Dieng was when he made his debut for us. A season in L1 probably right for him, obviously has work to do as you'd expect of a keeper his age. But I can't see why he can't be a future number 1 for us. Loved his interview too, playing for us meant the world to him today

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Joe Walsh on 20:07 - May 4 with 2702 viewsrichpr

Excellent debut. Too good for a reserve IMO so we should play him next year if MC thinks he is good enough. His distribution was OK and I am sure with more experience of playing with Cook etc. it will improve. The only decent keeper that I've seen in the championship this year was the Rotherham keeper but he has already been sold (as per Steve Evans - sold in the next week) Probably Leeds?
Joe Walsh on 20:22 - May 4 with 2645 viewsloftboy

Any reason why Asmir wasn’t on the bench.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Joe Walsh on 20:29 - May 4 with 2600 viewsDorse

Joe Walsh on 20:22 - May 4 by loftboy

Any reason why Asmir wasn’t on the bench.

Piles?

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024