Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kakay Departs 16:07 - May 6 with 7226 viewsLunarJetman

20 years at the club! Good luck to him for the future!

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/2024/may/06/ossie-kakay-departs/
Kakay Departs on 18:31 - May 6 with 2213 viewsnix

He did a job for us when things were dire. Not quite at the level but always put his heart and soul into it which is worthy of respect.

Wish him well. I'm sure he'll find a role in a club somewhere as he has an excellent attitude.
Kakay Departs on 18:44 - May 6 with 2126 viewsstevec

Hope it works out for him, gave his best.

Will be interesting to see what level he settles in at.
Kakay Departs on 18:52 - May 6 with 2081 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Kakay Departs on 18:18 - May 6 by BazzaInTheLoft

I don’t get how not going out on loan in January let us down.

Do people mean by the wages it would have saved or loan fee? I don’t think what a Scottish Championship team would have been able to pay would have made much of a difference.

Personally I feel it was to his detriment rather than ours and was surprising as he has always given his all. Just seems a bit short-sighted not to take a loan and play for another club for a few months, rather than turn out for the development squad. Maybe he thought there was a chance Marti would change his mind...
Kakay Departs on 19:07 - May 6 with 2044 viewslassel

Kakay Departs on 18:18 - May 6 by BazzaInTheLoft

I don’t get how not going out on loan in January let us down.

Do people mean by the wages it would have saved or loan fee? I don’t think what a Scottish Championship team would have been able to pay would have made much of a difference.

We had another incoming deal lined up to take his place and wages.

Not going out on long left us a player short as Marti had told him long before then that he wasn’t in his plans.

I don’t really blame him though, a loan outside London in January when you have a young family isn’t an easy decision.
Kakay Departs on 19:08 - May 6 with 2035 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Kakay Departs on 18:52 - May 6 by Wegerles_Stairs

Personally I feel it was to his detriment rather than ours and was surprising as he has always given his all. Just seems a bit short-sighted not to take a loan and play for another club for a few months, rather than turn out for the development squad. Maybe he thought there was a chance Marti would change his mind...

He’s got 20 international caps and 100 club appearances at Championship level. I don’t think he need the experience at a Scottish Championship club especially considering he probably knew he was leaving in the summer.

Am I right in thinking he has a young family too? I don’t think it would be fair to move a new family to Inverness or wherever it was for four months.

Either way no one lost out in my opinion.
Kakay Departs on 19:11 - May 6 with 2007 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Kakay Departs on 19:07 - May 6 by lassel

Not going out on long left us a player short as Marti had told him long before then that he wasn’t in his plans.

I don’t really blame him though, a loan outside London in January when you have a young family isn’t an easy decision.

We brought four players in. Who did we miss out on?

Also ‘outside London’ makes it sounds like it was Reading or Milton Keynes that came in from him. I heard it was a Scottish team!
Kakay Departs on 19:17 - May 6 with 1958 viewsDorse

Best of luck to Ossie, wherever he ends up. He's one of the good guys.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Kakay Departs on 19:46 - May 6 with 1872 viewsGroveR

I genuinely hope he signs for Stockport County to replace Todd Kane.
Login to get fewer ads

Kakay Departs on 20:21 - May 6 with 1758 viewsLogman

Must be a huge wrench for the lad, leaving his boyhood club after 20 years. On the other hand, this could be the breaking of the umbilical chord that he needs to become a fully fledged first teamer at another club.
Kakay Departs on 20:27 - May 6 with 1736 viewsHarbour

Thank you Ossie wish you good luck hope you get signed by a decent club. One of the good guys always gave 100% he never was one to hide..20 years that must be some sort of record.
Kakay Departs on 20:57 - May 6 with 1640 viewsqueensparker

Good bye and good luck Ozzy - as Peter Hucker said he’s a local boy who went to QPCS school and has been a real inspiration to the local kids round here.

100 games in the Championship is not shabby at all and must put him in a tiny club of players that have done that in the QPR first team all way from joining as a kid.

Never hid, always tried.

I reckon he might do better reinventing himself as a centre back, I always thought he looked decent in that role.
Kakay Departs on 21:17 - May 6 with 1566 viewslassel

Kakay Departs on 19:11 - May 6 by BazzaInTheLoft

We brought four players in. Who did we miss out on?

Also ‘outside London’ makes it sounds like it was Reading or Milton Keynes that came in from him. I heard it was a Scottish team!

Obviously I don’t know the names of who we he lined up, but 100% we had deals to replace Kakay, Richards and Willock had they moved on.

In him not moving I actually agreed with you - the guy has a young family so of course you can respect him not wanting to spend time away from home sat in a hotel for ‘only’ a short loan.

As said on the previous page though, anyone thinking he will turn up as high as L1 this summer I suspect will get a bit of a shock..
Kakay Departs on 22:09 - May 6 with 1447 viewsmart_Goblin

Good luck Ozzy!

Was disappointed he wasn’t on the pitch after the Leeds game as it would have been fitting to say farewell.
Kakay Departs on 22:11 - May 6 with 1440 viewsSuperhoops2808

Kakay Departs on 19:07 - May 6 by lassel

I really have to challenge you on this

Exactly what purpose does this post serve other than to build resentment towards a player that was with the club for 20 years and always gave his all when he was selected - regardless of his standard whilst others were hiding and not putting in a shift.

Your 'in the know' comments rarely help - It suggests that Kakay did not care about the club and was behaving purely selfishly which you have no knowledge of his personal circumstances. Read his statement, he clearly cares a lot about this club and I am sure its very daunting now with as you have mentioned a young family and no club as yet.

Even if you are as much 'in the know' as you claim to be, suggesting that it 'left us a player short' serves no purpose whatsoever and something you could have kept to yourself.
Kakay Departs on 22:22 - May 6 with 1387 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Kakay Departs on 21:17 - May 6 by lassel

Obviously I don’t know the names of who we he lined up, but 100% we had deals to replace Kakay, Richards and Willock had they moved on.

In him not moving I actually agreed with you - the guy has a young family so of course you can respect him not wanting to spend time away from home sat in a hotel for ‘only’ a short loan.

As said on the previous page though, anyone thinking he will turn up as high as L1 this summer I suspect will get a bit of a shock..

Fancy a tenner's donation to the Tiger Cubs on it?

If Kakay's next club is League One or Scottish Championship and above then you donate, if it's anyone below them then i'll donate.

If he doesn't sign for anyone within 12 months then you'll also win.

If it's a league outside of England or Scotland then we'll put it to a vote of LfW users.

How does that sound?
Kakay Departs on 22:43 - May 6 with 1307 viewsPunteR

He's a far better footballer than any of us here (bar Gazza maybe ?) and basically lived the QPR life we all dreamed about.
Im sure he will get another club and i wish him all the best.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Kakay Departs on 23:01 - May 6 with 1280 viewsE17hoop

Really nice guy, very humble and hugely appreciative of everything the club has done for him. He helped out the development squad for the last few months with Albert and has been a consummate professional.

He's been a great ambassador for the club and I wish him nothing but good luck and best wishes for the future.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Kakay Departs on 23:29 - May 6 with 1233 viewsNed_Kennedys

Kakay Departs on 19:46 - May 6 by GroveR

I genuinely hope he signs for Stockport County to replace Todd Kane.

It’s odd that some people still wish bad things for Todd Kane even though he left 3 years ago.
Had a better QPR career than Ossie as well.
Kakay Departs on 23:58 - May 6 with 1185 viewspaulhoop2

Good luck Ozzie great servant will be missed around the club I’m sure. The limited interaction I had with him always came across as a good lad. Disappointing to see such poor comments on here about him nowhere near as bad as made out!

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Kakay Departs on 07:21 - May 7 with 983 viewsGus_iom

Kakay Departs on 23:58 - May 6 by paulhoop2

Good luck Ozzie great servant will be missed around the club I’m sure. The limited interaction I had with him always came across as a good lad. Disappointing to see such poor comments on here about him nowhere near as bad as made out!

Yeah, another one wishing to add 'good luck Ozzie'.
Will keep an eye out for him - most, I choose to forget.
Kakay Departs on 08:37 - May 7 with 868 viewsLazyFan

If I was a L1 manager and I needed a RB, I would snap him up.

He won't cost anything and will always graft. He might be better than L1 level, and you have a quality player for almost nothing who will be grateful for the call-up. Unlike Roberts and Laird who were onto their agents for a move 2 months ago.

zzzzzzzzzz

Kakay Departs on 09:04 - May 7 with 823 viewsgazza1

Kakay Departs on 17:13 - May 6 by Lblock

I’m disappointed he didn’t go out on loan in January; let himself and us down there.
Having said that; wish him all the best

I’d say he had a handful of decent games for us but only ever really looked comfortable playing as the third man on the right of 3 centre backs. As others have said he was always 100% but just came up short positionally etc

Good luck to him

Come on Lblock.....those words are really not necessary. Do you actually know if he really was told to go out on loan and if he was what were the offers on he table.

Wrong Lblock, wrong. Same as WS and his comments - poor, very poor.

Good luck to the lad, comes across as a decent person.
[Post edited 7 May 9:06]
Kakay Departs on 09:12 - May 7 with 808 viewsEsox_Lucius

You've been here about 6 months and spent every opportunity putting down a QPR player that gave us nearly 2 decades of his life, never hiding, never slacking off in games and managed to be good enough to become captain of his national team. Why don't don't you put your time towards supporting the players instead of giving it the big ITK I am? If it was Taylor Richards I would overlook it but not someone who was our longest serving player and was a lot better than your "expert" opinion gave him credit for.

The grass is always greener.

Kakay Departs on 09:20 - May 7 with 773 viewsgazza1

Really, so what level do you think he will play at???

PS - I have asked you questions before and you do not or cannot answer them so I expect the same here!!!
Kakay Departs on 09:31 - May 7 with 725 viewsDWQPR

Over the last six seasons we have had various players sign for the club to fill the right back/right wing back role. Rangel, Odebajo, Kane, Laird, Cannon to my memory. In between this Kakay has been called upon to cover either for injury or loss of form. He has seen off three of these players and I’m sure most would agree that you would rather pick him infront if Odebajo, Kane and Laird every time with a ‘jury’s our notice on Cannon. Only Rangel for me I would pick in front of Ossis. And it is only now that we have had a decent right back for the last few months in Jimmy Dunne, but again, we don’t know whether this was a purple patch as opposed to the norm. Ossie, always gave 100% and in many games for me when we were woeful stood head and shoulders above the rest of the team. I can only say thanks Ossie and the very best of luck for what should be a long and decent career in football.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024