Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
one track of your favourite artist... 23:07 - May 8 with 4675 viewsqpr_1968

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

one track of your favourite artist... on 05:05 - May 10 with 1261 viewsFredManRave

The Beat:

The Specials:

The Cult:

The Jam:

The Stranglers:

The Cure:

Echo & The Bunnneymen:

The Icicle Works:

Teardrop Explodes:

The Skids:

Spear of Destiny:

New Model Army:

Big Country:

Stiff Little Fingers:

Bauhaus (For Glen)

Led Zeppelin:

Arctic Monkeys:

I may have missed a few but I'll leave you with this so you'll all be happy;

[Post edited 10 May 5:23]

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

one track of your favourite artist... on 08:50 - May 10 with 1162 viewsEsox_Lucius

The grass is always greener.

one track of your favourite artist... on 09:24 - May 10 with 1120 viewshubble

I was racking my brains for my favourite rock or pop or jazz artist and I couldn't think of just one. So who is my favourite musician, I thought, and realised it has to be Debussy.

I see Esox has preempted me on the classical front. I think, like so many great artists, Debussy transcends the genre.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

one track of your favourite artist... on 09:37 - May 10 with 1109 viewsCroydonCaptJack

one track of your favourite artist... on 09:24 - May 10 by hubble

I was racking my brains for my favourite rock or pop or jazz artist and I couldn't think of just one. So who is my favourite musician, I thought, and realised it has to be Debussy.

I see Esox has preempted me on the classical front. I think, like so many great artists, Debussy transcends the genre.

Yes, but he's no Aphex
one track of your favourite artist... on 10:15 - May 10 with 1072 viewsE17hoop

You can't add the Cult without referencing this song. Simply brilliant.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

one track of your favourite artist... on 10:27 - May 10 with 1062 viewsTheChef

These fkin guys.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

one track of your favourite artist... on 17:28 - May 10 with 947 viewsqpr1976

one track of your favourite artist... on 19:13 - May 9 by izlingtonhoop

Strong R's connection

Why ?
How ?
one track of your favourite artist... on 17:29 - May 10 with 947 viewsqpr1976

one track of your favourite artist... on 19:13 - May 9 by izlingtonhoop

Strong R's connection

Why ?
How ?

R’s connection
Login to get fewer ads

one track of your favourite artist... on 17:48 - May 10 with 930 viewsbollockchops

this weeks favourite

one track of your favourite artist... on 17:52 - May 10 with 925 viewsJules4367

Enjoy!

You nearly got 'Enter Sandman' but as with the Foos where Everlong just pips The Pretender this does it for me!

There are times in our lives when we know 'Nothing Else Matters!" but its all relative albeit the well being of a loved one or avoiding relegation!

Once one is out the way another always seem to drops in!
[Post edited 10 May 18:01]
one track of your favourite artist... on 22:17 - May 10 with 838 viewsizlingtonhoop

one track of your favourite artist... on 17:29 - May 10 by qpr1976

Why ?
How ?

R’s connection

SAR season ticket holder playa guitar on the track
one track of your favourite artist... on 22:50 - May 10 with 809 viewsMetallica_Hoop

One of my favourite Baroque composers.

I jog to this in shuffle with Slayer, Epica etc

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

one track of your favourite artist... on 23:22 - May 10 with 778 viewscolinallcars

one track of your favourite artist... on 17:48 - May 10 by bollockchops

this weeks favourite

Horace silver was a big fav of mine….listen to Dee Dee Bridgewater's tribute album to him. Superb !
one track of your favourite artist... on 23:54 - May 10 with 753 viewscolinallcars

Written some 500 year ago and sends a shiver down my spine :
one track of your favourite artist... on 00:10 - May 11 with 750 viewsHAYESBOY

Smells like a trout farm in here

one track of your favourite artist... on 00:33 - May 11 with 741 viewsDannyPaddox

one track of your favourite artist... on 00:43 - May 11 with 726 viewsMetallica_Hoop

one track of your favourite artist... on 01:08 - May 11 with 718 viewsRs_Holy

one track of your favourite artist... on 01:37 - May 11 with 707 viewsMetallica_Hoop

The best Metallica album in my opinion.

[Post edited 11 May 1:45]

one track of your favourite artist... on 03:28 - May 11 with 687 viewsDannyPaddox

one track of your favourite artist... on 03:43 - May 11 with 680 viewsDannyPaddox

one track of your favourite artist... on 00:33 - May 11 by DannyPaddox

Ok penalty shoot out 🤷🏼‍♂️
one track of your favourite artist... on 09:56 - May 11 with 574 viewsSK_hoops

one track of your favourite artist... on 10:27 - May 10 by TheChef

These fkin guys.

For some strange reason, I'm obsessed with the album 'gentlemen', but listened to the album before a couple of times and didn't think it was up to much, so haven't bothered with the rest of their catalogue.
one track of your favourite artist... on 10:14 - May 11 with 557 viewsFDC

Like others, basically impossible to name my favourite band or artist, but would have said Pixies at one point. This wouldn't be my favourite song or album of theirs, but given the sad passing of Steve Albini thought it should be something from this album

This is probably my favourite pixies song. It's absolutely perfect.

one track of your favourite artist... on 10:23 - May 11 with 554 viewsterryb

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=he+was+my+brother#fpstate

Sixty years on & I still regard Paul Simon as my favourite artist & The Paul Simon Songbook as my favourite album. I could easily have picked Side of a Hill or A Most peculiar Man, but He Was My Brother just about won my internal debate!
one track of your favourite artist... on 14:08 - May 11 with 444 viewsR_from_afar

one track of your favourite artist... on 13:33 - May 9 by mart_Goblin

In my top 10 too. Mel Schacher’s bass tone is off the scale . Everything I wanted my tone to be yet failed miserably
[Post edited 9 May 13:34]

I love Grand Funk but my favourite track is "Sin's a good man's brother"

It's so hard to pick a favourite band, let alone one track by them, at least, for me it is.

I will go for "Burning the hard city" by Californian instrumental rock band Djam Karet, from the album of the same name. The band's two guitarists cram riff after riff into the disc, but the band create many and varied moods and atmospheres using synths and other electronics. The bass playing is monstrous, sinuous and rumbling yet clever and inventive and very much to the fore.

The guitarists crank out solo after solo but the solos complement the tracks and aren't gratuitous. The use of bends and vibrato is astonishing, and it isn't all fast playing, there is a lot of space between the notes at times, with great use of sustain.

The whole album is a beast and stirs up the emotions. Magnificent, in my humble opinion.

My runners up are:

It Bites - Once around the world
Fates Warning - And yet it moves
Ozric Tentacles - Saucers
Black Sabbath - Into the void
Kaki King - Final state

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024