Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Andre the friendly ghost departs 12:07 - May 11 with 12606 viewsHayesender

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Andre the friendly ghost departs on 01:26 - May 12 with 2420 viewsLogman

This sequence of events has restored my faith in football,

He gets told he's going on loan to Birmingham, they nose-dive out of the division, he finds himself surplus to requirements and when he comes back he's told his contract is not going to be renewed and is without a club.

Now consider the (hypothetical) alternative. He stays with us in Jan. We continue in the same vein with him in the side. Birmingham are not hampered with him. We go down and they stay up. We keep him in League One because our better cm's find clubs in the Championship.

There is justice in football after all.
[Post edited 12 May 1:27]
Andre the friendly ghost departs on 08:38 - May 12 with 2220 viewsdm97

Andre the friendly ghost departs on 23:25 - May 11 by Northernr

Our team wins about 31% of its games. When Colback plays it wins around 46%. When Dozzell plays it wins around 15 %.

A midfielder who doesnā€™t score goals, assist goals, win duels, or help with set pieces is largely ineffective? Curious

Edit: but he is of course a baller and weā€™re all gammons for saying otherwise, sincerely pre pubescent teens who ā€œknow ballā€
[Post edited 12 May 8:39]
Andre the friendly ghost departs on 08:42 - May 12 with 2211 viewsSpaceman_P

Andre the friendly ghost departs on 01:26 - May 12 by Logman

He gets told he's going on loan to Birmingham, they nose-dive out of the division, he finds himself surplus to requirements and when he comes back he's told his contract is not going to be renewed and is without a club.

Now consider the (hypothetical) alternative. He stays with us in Jan. We continue in the same vein with him in the side. Birmingham are not hampered with him. We go down and they stay up. We keep him in League One because our better cm's find clubs in the Championship.

Nourry Justice.
Andre the friendly ghost departs on 08:50 - May 12 with 2189 viewsWatford_Ranger

Andre the friendly ghost departs on 01:26 - May 12 by Logman

Pretty certain weā€™d have binned him had we gone down considering his wages. Just canā€™t see him doing it in L1. If I were him Iā€™d be trying to get a club abroad in a league where the chronic flaws in his game arenā€™t quite so exposed.
Andre the friendly ghost departs on 08:59 - May 12 with 2154 viewsLanhoop

I'm not a fan of those 'don't let the door hit your arse on the way out' messages to departing players but for Dozzell I'd make an exception. Living off one decent pass and one thunderbastard for 3 years proving he can do it but just can't be bothered is stealing a living.

I've changed my mantra, it's now... If you can't say anything good about someone say nothing, unless it's Andre Dozzell.
Andre the friendly ghost departs on 09:12 - May 12 with 2117 viewsKiko

Thank god he's gone. He was absolutely rubbish for us and I used to dread seeing his name on the teamsheet. Pointless player who didn't even bother to give maximum effort on the pitch
Andre the friendly ghost departs on 09:31 - May 12 with 2081 viewsLongRanger

Not wanting to pile in on him, but for me, if his dad wasnā€™t an ex-pro with contacts heā€™d not have made it past the National League, all his stats seem to support that. I hope for his sake he proves me wrong and it works for him elsewhere, but heā€™ll have to work a lot harder than he did here to make that happen.
Andre the friendly ghost departs on 10:02 - May 12 with 1967 viewsDorse

Can't wait for the episode of 'Supernatural' where they interview witnesses who swear blind they saw an apparition in hoops seemingly taking part in matches at Loftus Road between 2021 and January 2024.

Case unproven.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Login to get fewer ads

Andre the friendly ghost departs on 10:10 - May 12 with 1940 viewsWatford_Ranger

Andre the friendly ghost departs on 09:31 - May 12 by LongRanger

Not wanting to pile in on him, but for me, if his dad wasnā€™t an ex-pro with contacts heā€™d not have made it past the National League, all his stats seem to support that. I hope for his sake he proves me wrong and it works for him elsewhere, but heā€™ll have to work a lot harder than he did here to make that happen.

He probably looked really good in youth football. Then you see these kids from academies play against men and itā€™s a different world. Iā€™d argue he may have been a more effective player without his background and maybe was over-coached in the ā€˜rightā€™ way to play and has never adapted to the reality of real lower league football. Signing him wasnā€™t illogical but having him as a top earner was.
Andre the friendly ghost departs on 10:17 - May 12 with 1921 viewsNorthernr

Andre the friendly ghost departs on 09:31 - May 12 by LongRanger

Think it was on the WLS podcast they mentioned he only got the Birmingham move because dad called in a favour with Mowbray. Got his break at Ipswich, where dad's a legend. There certainly seems to be some degree of nepotism at work here, especially when you watch him play.
Andre the friendly ghost departs on 12:23 - May 12 with 1765 viewsSK_hoops

He only played just over 90 mins in Birmingham's last 11 games, so not sure they even rate him. They might want to keep him for league 1 though.
Andre the friendly ghost departs on 13:17 - May 12 with 1661 viewsNed_Kennedys

Andre the friendly ghost departs on 12:23 - May 12 by SK_hoops

He only played just over 90 mins in Birmingham's last 11 games, so not sure they even rate him. They might want to keep him for league 1 though.

Definitely didnā€™t rate him: dropped him to the bench after a few games then out of the squad altogether: bet they couldnā€™t wait for the loan to end.

A move abroad is his best bet: some leagues may be less physical and suited to his talents than English leagues.
Andre the friendly ghost departs on 13:29 - May 12 with 1631 viewsToast_R

Why did we sign him again, was it the dreaded algorithm?
Andre the friendly ghost departs on 13:32 - May 12 with 1613 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Blessed with natural talent but no heart or work ethic with which to apply it. It can't be mere coincidence that:

(1) Since leaving Ipswich they've secured back-to-back promotions.
(2) Since leaving QPR we've improved markedly, particularly in midfield.
(3) Since joining Birmingham they've been relegated.
Andre the friendly ghost departs on 14:25 - May 12 with 1545 viewsCiderwithRsie

Andre the friendly ghost departs on 10:17 - May 12 by Northernr

Think it was on the WLS podcast they mentioned he only got the Birmingham move because dad called in a favour with Mowbray. Got his break at Ipswich, where dad's a legend. There certainly seems to be some degree of nepotism at work here, especially when you watch him play.

If so, can't help feeling his dad has not done him any favours.

Simply allowed him to be exposed above his natural level.

As with the offspring of a lot of sporting legends, real career options appear to be to accept that you're nowhere near as good a player as your dad/mum/uncle/whatever and
- chip out some sort of living playing the sport you love at a lower level, or
- do something else and play for fun in your spare time

(Obviously there are exceptions, like the Charlton brothers being nephews of Jackie Milburn, but Bobby Charlton was a football genius and Jack some sort of workaholic, and Andre Dozzell has never looked like either of those things even at his best.)
Andre the friendly ghost departs on 14:29 - May 12 with 1534 viewsterryb

I've preached against Andre Dozzell from the moment that we were first linked with him & I'm delighted that he is no longer with us.

For the record though, he was very good for Ipswich until his injury that kept him out of the game for over a year & was good enough to play for England uner 18's (19's?).

He is still to recover from the injury & has demonstrated since that he was not good enough to play for a midtable Division One club & even more so for us!

Goodbye Andre, gone but not forgotten, you will be considered every time someone attempts to name their "best ever Rangers team". Not quite in the Brian Williams class though!
Andre the friendly ghost departs on 14:31 - May 12 with 1529 viewsHoopsie

We made him a millionaire during the time he was here and he helped us stay in the championship without being here

Good luck Andre

Poll: Who will follow Rotherham and Huddersfield to League One?

Andre the friendly ghost departs on 14:43 - May 12 with 1501 viewsGhost_on_the_Westway

He was about as useful for us as his old man was for Tottenham. A Spurs fan I knew back then absolutely hated him. Scored against us at LR, though, natch.

Another lovely Dozzell family/QPR fun fact (IIRC, allegedly, etc), didnā€™t his Uncle get his collar felt in the ā€œBattle of Portman Roadā€?
Andre the friendly ghost departs on 14:50 - May 12 with 1474 viewsBurnleyhoop

Iā€™ve never seen a player look more miserable playing football than Dozzell. For me, he just wasnā€™t remotely enjoying it and would rather be doing something else. Again, very much feels like he was playing because his dad pushed him into it.

Andre, use the money you ā€œearnedā€ in football and find something in life that brings you some joy in life.
Andre the friendly ghost departs on 20:54 - May 12 with 1292 viewsCamberleyR

Rowett certainly had sussed him out ultra quickly. One game was enough for him, well not even one game, 36 minutes of the second half where he'd come on as sub to know he'd seen enough. That was on the 1st April (some irony there).

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Andre the friendly ghost departs on 00:00 - May 13 with 1127 viewsrsocks

I hope to see him being inducted into ForeversRs one day.
Andre the friendly ghost departs on 00:58 - May 13 with 1082 viewsstainrods_elbow

Andre the friendly ghost departs on 20:54 - May 12 by CamberleyR

Rowett certainly had sussed him out ultra quickly. One game was enough for him, well not even one game, 36 minutes of the second half where he'd come on as sub to know he'd seen enough. That was on the 1st April (some irony there).

Nepotism in football? Next you'll be telling us pro football is corrupt, and not just among those rotten Italians.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Andre the friendly ghost departs on 07:09 - May 13 with 991 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I was hoping he'd come good but... nope.

Georges Santos 76 games 6 goals (including 5 in one season in the Champ)
Andre Dozell 88 games 2 goals

See Santos wasnt that bad. *nods sagely*

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Andre the friendly ghost departs on 07:36 - May 13 with 919 viewshubble

Andre the friendly ghost departs on 13:32 - May 12 by Benny_the_Ball

Blessed with natural talent but no heart or work ethic with which to apply it. It can't be mere coincidence that:

(1) Since leaving Ipswich they've secured back-to-back promotions.
(2) Since leaving QPR we've improved markedly, particularly in midfield.
(3) Since joining Birmingham they've been relegated.

I don't suppose there's any chance Chelsea want him?

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Andre the friendly ghost departs on 07:42 - May 13 with 912 viewskingsburyR

There are a few references to us making him a millionaire.

I would have absolutely no idea what weekly wage a player like that would be on for us.

Did I read somewhere Bergovic was our highest paid player yet Chair was well down the list.

I also read we gave Kelman a new contract. I simply do not understand that on any game I've seen him live. He seemed well out of his depth.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024