Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Departures in the development squad 11:05 - May 13 with 37410 viewskingsburyR

Looks like one huge axe has been wielded!

Our CEO is taking no prisoners this summer!

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/2024/may/13/development-squad-departures/
[Post edited 13 May 11:05]

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Departures in the development squad on 08:01 - May 16 with 3505 viewsmart_Goblin

Departures in the development squad on 23:36 - May 15 by aston_hoop

No I think they're mostly local(ish). I was just having a bit of fun.

Ilias Chair, Sinclair Armstrong and Paul Smyth all joined our youth/reserve squads from far out though and to various degrees have become established players in our team now. Seny Dieng too albeit a little older and now sold for hard cash. Hamailainen too, they don't all work out. I don't think its a big issue. Bringing lads over from further afield under the age of 18 is also a bigger issue now for English teams after brexit. Even players from Ireland can't come which means you're seeing a lot of their top talent getting picked up by clubs in Italy or elsewhere in Europe.

I think you make a great point regarding Brexit. I didn’t think about that to be honest
Departures in the development squad on 09:19 - May 16 with 3271 viewsTheChef

Departures in the development squad on 19:23 - May 15 by Hunterhoop

Strong barnet game. Need to either be good or hard to get away with that in youth football, I reckon. Promising.

To be fair, he has modelled it on yours

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Departures in the development squad on 12:54 - May 16 with 3019 viewsBrizR

Ilias Chair, Sinclair Armstrong and Paul Smyth all joined our youth/reserve squads from far out though and to various degrees have become established players in our team now. Seny Dieng too albeit a little older and now sold for hard cash. Hamailainen too, they don't all work out. I don't think its a big issue. Bringing lads over from further afield under the age of 18 is also a bigger issue now for English teams after brexit. Even players from Ireland can't come which means you're seeing a lot of their top talent getting picked up by clubs in Italy or elsewhere in Europe.

Does it impact on Ireland? I would have thought the Common Travel Area would cover that.
Departures in the development squad on 13:12 - May 16 with 2968 viewsHunterhoop

Departures in the development squad on 09:19 - May 16 by TheChef

To be fair, he has modelled it on yours

Ha! Maybe 1-2 decades ago! Can’t carry that off anymore.
Departures in the development squad on 13:23 - May 16 with 2924 viewsfrancisbowles

Are you sure about the Irish, aston hoop. Unless there is a specific Uefa or FIFA ruling, my understanding is there is freedom of movement between the UK and the Republic. It has been traditionally so and is unaffected by Brexit.
Departures in the development squad on 15:19 - May 16 with 2624 viewsLazyFan

There are many clubs in scouting in London and not just the London clubs.

I seem to remember that Norwich and Southampton have academies in London, or were it some other clubs that had nothing to do with London?

What would have happened if Elliot had not been stolen by Liverpool and we had Academy top status? Would Liverpool have had to pay big money for him stealing him away? Would Liverpool have even bothered when they can fish elsewhere?

I think we have found players, but they have been taken from us, and as we can see with Eze (who was discarded, not stolen) one player can make a big pay day.

zzzzzzzzzz

Departures in the development squad on 15:27 - May 16 with 2607 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Departures in the development squad on 13:23 - May 16 by francisbowles

Are you sure about the Irish, aston hoop. Unless there is a specific Uefa or FIFA ruling, my understanding is there is freedom of movement between the UK and the Republic. It has been traditionally so and is unaffected by Brexit.

Aston is correct, fb.

Post-Brexit, players from the South are not allowed to sign for English, Welsh or Scottish clubs until they are 18.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Departures in the development squad on 17:18 - May 16 with 2389 viewsmart_Goblin

Big part of the WLS pod is about the academy . Totally spot on and as i said previously , lots of good points made but ultimately we have to stop being making excuses for failure .

And just to re emphasise the point , the academy , not the development squad which is a different conversation so Chair, Eze and Dieng don’t count .

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/west-london-sport/id1638897966?i=100065571
[Post edited 16 May 17:21]
Login to get fewer ads

Departures in the development squad on 17:30 - May 16 with 2364 viewsBklynRanger

Meanwhile I see Henry 'The Nighthawk' Hawkins has signed a new deal.

Nice bit of Nourry-speak at the end:

“He has demonstrated his capacity in 2023/24 to be a leader in the Development Squad group. The floor is his to grab this next step with both hands.”
Departures in the development squad on 17:46 - May 16 with 2318 viewsbosh67

Departures in the development squad on 17:30 - May 16 by BklynRanger

“He has demonstrated his capacity in 2023/24 to be a leader in the Development Squad group. The floor is his to grab this next step with both hands.”

Glad he is being given the chance to get to the next level.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Departures in the development squad on 17:56 - May 16 with 2284 viewsThird_Division_South

Loving the Nourryspeak, best part of these announcements. Can’t wait for his take on the summer signings. Great if we could incorporate it into the players song!
Departures in the development squad on 18:22 - May 16 with 2207 viewsHunterhoop

How do you grab the floor? That is a woeful metaphor for a written piece of comms. It’s like something an old relative might say.
Departures in the development squad on 18:46 - May 16 with 2125 viewsPdog

Departures in the development squad on 18:22 - May 16 by Hunterhoop

How do you grab the floor? That is a woeful metaphor for a written piece of comms. It’s like something an old relative might say.

“The floor is his to grab this next step with both hands.”

Grabbing the opportunity not the floor haha
Floor = Stage to shine obvs
Departures in the development squad on 19:01 - May 16 with 2062 viewsHunterhoop

Departures in the development squad on 18:46 - May 16 by Pdog

1) bad grammar, 2) grabbing the next a step is still a completely botched metaphor.

You take a next step. You can’t grab a next step. It’s a classic mixed metaphor. It’s nonsense and forgivable in spoken language but not a written press release! Just say “he has an opportunity to succeed”, or better still be specific, “he has an opportunity to break into the first team in X years”, giving us a sense of the timeframe the club have set on him reaching the standard required at QPR.
Departures in the development squad on 19:19 - May 16 with 2010 viewsPdog

They should have ran it by ChatGPT, or maybe that's where it came from..
Departures in the development squad on 19:22 - May 16 with 1996 viewsaston_hoop

Departures in the development squad on 19:19 - May 16 by Pdog

They should have ran it by ChatGPT, or maybe that's where it came from..

I've never thought about this before but Christian Nourry does't actually exist does he. He's just an avatar linked to an AI backend. It all makes sense now.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Departures in the development squad on 19:34 - May 16 with 1953 viewsBklynRanger

Departures in the development squad on 18:46 - May 16 by Pdog

I think he's using the step to stabilise himself, stumbling his way to the lift that will take him to the next level. He's fine once he gets to the lift.
Departures in the development squad on 19:36 - May 16 with 1948 viewsBklynRanger

Sorry I downvoted this by accident, hit the wrong button
Departures in the development squad on 22:43 - May 16 with 1767 viewscolinallcars

I quite like it, also he comports himself in a mannerly fashion and the ablation of players surplus to requirements enhances his potential.
Hic.
Departures in the development squad on 22:58 - May 16 with 1731 views222gers

Departures in the development squad on 22:43 - May 16 by colinallcars

I quite like it, also he comports himself in a mannerly fashion and the ablation of players surplus to requirements enhances his potential.
Hic.

Ablation eh ? Haven't heard that word since I left boarding school in 1949. They never taught me how to board anyway.
Departures in the development squad on 23:53 - May 16 with 1605 viewsNorthernr

He's definitely doing this as a bet with somebody now.
Departures in the development squad on 00:17 - May 17 with 1572 views222gers

Departures in the development squad on 23:53 - May 16 by Northernr

He's definitely doing this as a bet with somebody now.

Well, you must admit you're looking forward to his next pronouncement !
I am.
Departures in the development squad on 00:26 - May 17 with 1565 viewsJamesB1979

Departures in the development squad on 19:01 - May 16 by Hunterhoop

1) bad grammar, 2) grabbing the next a step is still a completely botched metaphor.

You take a next step. You can’t grab a next step. It’s a classic mixed metaphor. It’s nonsense and forgivable in spoken language but not a written press release! Just say “he has an opportunity to succeed”, or better still be specific, “he has an opportunity to break into the first team in X years”, giving us a sense of the timeframe the club have set on him reaching the standard required at QPR.

I like it. He’s got opportunity to pull himself up to the next level.
Departures in the development squad on 10:13 - May 17 with 1295 viewsTheChef

Departures in the development squad on 19:01 - May 16 by Hunterhoop

Public school education my arse.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Departures in the development squad on 10:23 - May 17 with 1248 viewshubble

Departures in the development squad on 10:13 - May 17 by TheChef

Public school education my arse.

Ah, so you had one too.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024