Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Realistic signings everyone would target? 21:42 - May 13 with 4557 viewssdm19994

Realistic transfer targets that people are thinking this summer? My thoughts below.. obviously financing/transfers out permitting..

Johannson (Rotherham)
Heilik (Hudds)
Hayden
Davis Keillor-Dunne (Mansfield)
Rudoni (Hudds)
Poku (Peterborough)
Langstaff (Notts County)
Al-Hamidi (Ipswich loan)

Realistic signings everyone would target? on 13:38 - May 14 with 1068 viewsenfieldargh

Realistic signings everyone would target? on 13:10 - May 14 by Beejnewark

Arguably that's not worked since John Byrne

Brian Williams?

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Realistic signings everyone would target? on 13:44 - May 14 with 1028 viewsaston_hoop

I remember Eric Sabin having a good game against us. Still, we'll always have Grimsby

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Realistic signings everyone would target? on 13:56 - May 14 with 955 views00calben

Agree in terms of quality of player however players’ contracts generally contain a huge wage uplift for promotion.
Probably pushes those players out of our reach unless we take them on loan, which leads to the usual issues with dead money etc etc
Realistic signings everyone would target? on 14:07 - May 14 with 906 viewsSydneyRs

Realistic signings everyone would target? on 12:13 - May 14 by Antti_Heinola

Very wary after the experience with Jordan Cousins that we sign anyone who 'looked good against us'.
I want never to have heard of any of our signings.

Danny Nardiello another that springs to mind.
Realistic signings everyone would target? on 14:22 - May 14 with 819 viewsgolborne

Realistic signings everyone would target? on 13:10 - May 14 by Beejnewark

Arguably that's not worked since John Byrne

Sir Les
Realistic signings everyone would target? on 15:30 - May 14 with 704 viewsPhilmyRs

Goalkeeper (Walsh and another?)
Left back (Paal/Fox/Larkeche) - Seem ok.
Centre backs (JCS, Cook, Fox, Dunne). We're potentially light here, especially if JCS goes. Think ideally we'd sell JCS and bring in a cheaper alternative to cover and possibly bring in a development option as well to try and improve and make some money).
Right back (Cannon and Dunne). If Cannon can have a decent pre-season, ok options here but dependent on whether Dunne will be forced to fill in at centre back. As 2 right back options, it's not too bad.

Centre mid (Collback, Field, Dixon-B). Need some cover so Hayden would be decent signing as he can cover centre back too and means Dunne will not be required to fill in there. Can try and involve Dixon B a bit more next season as he's got potential.

Attacking wide players (Chair, Willock, Smyth, Kohli, Taylor Richards). Willock likely to go so we definitely need to replace there and I think Taylor Richards is finished with us. Not sure what's happening with Chair but think we need at least 2 attacking players with Kohli spending first half of season on loan with a view to integrating like we did with Eze for the second half of the season.

Strikers (Dykes, Frey, Armstrong). We need at least 1 striker (ideally to replace Dykes whose time is at an end), but that would be on the understanding at least 2 attack minded midfielders that score goals are arriving. I'm not obsessed with out-and-out strikers but that's dependent on at least 2 goalscoring midfielders joining us.

Bare minimum signings if JCS, Dykes and Willock leave: 6 (x1 goalkeeper, x1 defender, 2/3 attacking midfielders, 1/2 striker)

I think the bare minimum of 6 new signings (assuming Dykes, Willock and JCS leave) is required. I'd go for an experienced, cheap option for keeper, with a view to integrating Walsh and giving him his chance next season. Could save us some cash.

Defenders - decent cash for JCS, and I'd replace with a steady performer to play alongside Cook and ideally a long term development option with the extra funds we save.

Centre midfielder: Hayden.

Attacking midfielder: Would get in a decent loan from a premier league club and look to get a permanent in to replace Willock. Ideally it would be a player that can also do a false 9 when required.

Striker: Go big on budget for a replacement for Dykes, Frey and Armstrong being understudies with a possible loan to bolster numbers too.

Now the hard part...finding those players.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024