Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR Boot Sale 08:24 - May 15 with 3012 viewskingsburyR

Has anyone visited this before?

I was meant to buy a training top for my daughter at the end of the season (using my bloody QPR cash) but forgot. I've gone online and its all vanished so assume its been taken down for this event.

Is there a big demand for this? If I get there for 10am will I be queuing for half the morning?

And are any discounts actually worth the schlep from St Albans?

Thanks

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

QPR Boot Sale on 08:29 - May 15 with 2572 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I've been before, queue doesn't take long and I got several kit tops for 4/5 squid each and a few shorts, one of which had a number 4 on them so guess may have been ex-kit.

I was fairly early though.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

QPR Boot Sale on 09:35 - May 15 with 2427 viewswombat

QPR Boot Sale on 08:29 - May 15 by Metallica_Hoop

I've been before, queue doesn't take long and I got several kit tops for 4/5 squid each and a few shorts, one of which had a number 4 on them so guess may have been ex-kit.

I was fairly early though.

dont forget its cash only on the day !

Poll: which is your favouite foot

QPR Boot Sale on 09:38 - May 15 with 2410 viewsGaryBannister86

I presume its better than the "pop up" shop in John Lewis in Westfield.

I said to my son, knowing QPR it will be a hidden away wooden desk with Auntie Vera selling a few random tops.

I was right.

Westfields needs to be on Nourry's radar, in my opinion.
QPR Boot Sale on 09:40 - May 15 with 2394 viewsTheChef

QPR Boot Sale on 09:38 - May 15 by GaryBannister86

I said to my son, knowing QPR it will be a hidden away wooden desk with Auntie Vera selling a few random tops.

I was right.

Thought you were going to say Begovic was behind the till.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

QPR Boot Sale on 09:41 - May 15 with 2380 viewsQPunkR

QPR Boot Sale on 09:40 - May 15 by TheChef

Thought you were going to say Begovic was behind the till.

He dropped the change

QPR - "shit but local"

QPR Boot Sale on 12:07 - May 15 with 2204 viewsHAYESBOY

Can you fit Dykes in the boot?

Smells like a trout farm in here

QPR Boot Sale on 12:38 - May 15 with 2123 viewsE17hoop

QPR Boot Sale on 09:38 - May 15 by GaryBannister86

I was right.

Hard agree - there needs to be a club shop in Westfield to catch passing trade. Westfield is one of the few sites where there is still footfall.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

QPR Boot Sale on 12:51 - May 15 with 2071 viewsAntti_Heinola

QPR Boot Sale on 12:38 - May 15 by E17hoop

Hard agree - there needs to be a club shop in Westfield to catch passing trade. Westfield is one of the few sites where there is still footfall.

i cannot possibly believe there is enough passing trade with any interest in QPR to justify the rent of a shop in Westfield, surely? On matchdays, yes. otherwise, really? Could be wrong!

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

QPR Boot Sale on 12:57 - May 15 with 2045 viewsmart_Goblin

QPR Boot Sale on 12:51 - May 15 by Antti_Heinola

i cannot possibly believe there is enough passing trade with any interest in QPR to justify the rent of a shop in Westfield, surely? On matchdays, yes. otherwise, really? Could be wrong!

Pop up shops are the only way to do it as the rent is impossible to cover by footfall.
Through midweek and non game days the trade would be so minimal.
Maybe as an established premier league club but even that’s doubtful .
QPR Boot Sale on 13:02 - May 15 with 2016 viewskingsburyR

I miss the days of a good old fashion sports shop right in the middle of the uxbridge road like the old days!

QPR Boot Sale on 13:09 - May 15 with 1982 viewsSheffieldHoop

Agree. Surely the cost of trade at Westfield is gonna be astronomical. Both Sheffield clubs have closed their stores in Meadowhall, pretty sure I read that West Ham closed their Lakeside shop.....Surely those would be cheaper to run than one in Westfield Shepherds Bush? These club shops placed in shopping centers never really work out in my experience.

The current thing of having a few shirts in John Lewis seems like the right choice, but maybe a bad fit. JD Sports surely?

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

QPR Boot Sale on 13:38 - May 15 with 1889 viewsslmrstid

There's a reason outside of the biggest clubs in the country that no-one has club stores in their city/town centres - the costs are astronomical and they'd make no money from it.

Nothing in Leicester for City or Tigers, although they are both close enough to the city centre anyway.

No way in a million years would QPR be able to justify a store in Westfield.
QPR Boot Sale on 13:50 - May 15 with 1833 viewsSwanleyRs

Overall I think that the concept of moving stock out at the end of the season is an excellent idea as anyone in retail would tell you that it’s essential to refresh items quickly. However, I’d advise anyone keen to buy to get there early or to bring with you a foldable, food and water! My experience from last year was a poor and frustrating one. I arrived at 9:15am thinking that I would be in good time to buy some items. The queue alas was lengthly and moved incredibly slowly. I finally arrived at the entrance to the Forever R’s Bar at 12:13pm precisely. There was plenty of groans and grumbles amongst those around me, not regarding the sale itself, but the lack of refreshments and ‘care’ for anyone standing and waiting in the queue. On arrival the remaining stock was generally scattered around the room with much of the decent stock already sold. Too late for this year but I wonder whether or not having a season ticket or membership would gain early access to the sale in future.
QPR Boot Sale on 14:41 - May 15 with 1725 viewsrbee

Even on matchdays many would still go to the club shop.

The only way it MIGHT work would be to incorporate it in to a football or sports themed cafe. Who wouldn't want QPR crested sugar and salt sachets.

Good idea SwanleyRs as I would imagine some stock is sold to people who are not fans buying to sell.
[Post edited 15 May 14:48]
QPR Boot Sale on 14:45 - May 15 with 1689 viewsGaryBannister86

QPR Boot Sale on 13:09 - May 15 by SheffieldHoop

Agree. Surely the cost of trade at Westfield is gonna be astronomical. Both Sheffield clubs have closed their stores in Meadowhall, pretty sure I read that West Ham closed their Lakeside shop.....Surely those would be cheaper to run than one in Westfield Shepherds Bush? These club shops placed in shopping centers never really work out in my experience.

The current thing of having a few shirts in John Lewis seems like the right choice, but maybe a bad fit. JD Sports surely?

I agree, Crystal Palace have a shop in the Glades in Bromley and I don't think I've ever seen anyone in it.

When I say Nourry has to keep an eye on Westfield, I mean more in any other opportunity that comes up - before one of last home games I saw that Chelsea were sponsoring some careers event in the main hall bit!

Some kind of pop-up event / shop on match day there is what I mean.
[Post edited 15 May 15:14]
QPR Boot Sale on 15:02 - May 15 with 1599 viewskingsburyR

QPR Boot Sale on 13:50 - May 15 by SwanleyRs

Overall I think that the concept of moving stock out at the end of the season is an excellent idea as anyone in retail would tell you that it’s essential to refresh items quickly. However, I’d advise anyone keen to buy to get there early or to bring with you a foldable, food and water! My experience from last year was a poor and frustrating one. I arrived at 9:15am thinking that I would be in good time to buy some items. The queue alas was lengthly and moved incredibly slowly. I finally arrived at the entrance to the Forever R’s Bar at 12:13pm precisely. There was plenty of groans and grumbles amongst those around me, not regarding the sale itself, but the lack of refreshments and ‘care’ for anyone standing and waiting in the queue. On arrival the remaining stock was generally scattered around the room with much of the decent stock already sold. Too late for this year but I wonder whether or not having a season ticket or membership would gain early access to the sale in future.

You've put me right off bothering!

QPR Boot Sale on 15:03 - May 15 with 1597 viewsstevec

I wonder how much they’ll charge for a Taylor Richards.
QPR Boot Sale on 15:06 - May 15 with 1589 viewskingsburyR

QPR Boot Sale on 15:03 - May 15 by stevec

I wonder how much they’ll charge for a Taylor Richards.

If I arrive home with him the missus will say "ahhhh another useless purchase!"

QPR Boot Sale on 15:13 - May 15 with 1577 viewsBoston

QPR Boot Sale on 13:09 - May 15 by SheffieldHoop

Wednesday, have a large store at the ground though.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

QPR Boot Sale on 15:29 - May 15 with 1504 viewsSheffieldHoop

QPR Boot Sale on 15:13 - May 15 by Boston

Wednesday, have a large store at the ground though.

Yeah, probably too big, and utterly deserted on non-match days. Staff wearing layer upon layer of Sheff Wed tat to stay warm. Probably make a loss if they turn the heating on.

Meadowhall is also much further from Hillsborough than Westfield is from Loftus Road....And nowhere near as walkable.

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

QPR Boot Sale on 16:43 - May 15 with 1328 views100percent

I think we should take a small section in Stuarts on the Uxbridge Rd.
The kits would fit well whilst browsing suitable brogues, Farah slacks and mid century modernist attire.
In the immortal words of Hardy Amies, "A man should look as if he had bought his clothes with intelligence, put them on with care and then forgotten all about them......"
QPR Boot Sale on 16:54 - May 15 with 1305 views100percent

QPR Boot Sale on 16:43 - May 15 by 100percent

I think we should take a small section in Stuarts on the Uxbridge Rd.
The kits would fit well whilst browsing suitable brogues, Farah slacks and mid century modernist attire.
In the immortal words of Hardy Amies, "A man should look as if he had bought his clothes with intelligence, put them on with care and then forgotten all about them......"

Or as Mary Quant once said....
"I saw no reason why childhood shouldn't last forever. So I created clothes that worked and moved and allowed people to run, to jump, to leap, to retain their precious freedom."
QPR Boot Sale on 18:06 - May 15 with 1170 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Remember when we had shirts sponsored by JD Sports (first league one year maybe?) I walked into a JD Sports in Newcastle and couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw a QPR shirt amongst the million Newcastle kits and gear.

I think that was the last home shirt I brought and I often wonder if I was the only one who brought one in the entire North East.
QPR Boot Sale on 22:00 - May 15 with 1002 viewsslmrstid

QPR Boot Sale on 18:06 - May 15 by BazzaInTheLoft

Remember when we had shirts sponsored by JD Sports (first league one year maybe?) I walked into a JD Sports in Newcastle and couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw a QPR shirt amongst the million Newcastle kits and gear.

I think that was the last home shirt I brought and I often wonder if I was the only one who brought one in the entire North East.

I was in the York Outlet Centre last week and in the Puma store they had York City home and away kits, which are made by Puma. That sort of arrangement is a bit more common than a club having its own shop.

Although York City shirts in York makes a lot more sense than QPR shirts in Newcastle!
QPR Boot Sale on 09:15 - May 16 with 803 viewsSpaceman_P

If anyone goes to this, if both home and away shirts for the 2022/23 season are still available in SMALL ADULT, MEDIUM OR LARGE for £20 or less, I'll take one of each please.

I'll pay you directly including the postage
[Post edited 16 May 9:15]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024