Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Petty Insanities 16:04 - May 16 with 7508 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

and examples of unreasonable behavior.

Not throwing hot teabags in the bin lest you burn the house down, turning the car radio off when looking for a new address.

That sort of thing.
Petty Insanities on 14:20 - May 18 with 1317 viewsMick_S

Everything I have when I go out has its own pocket. If I mess things up I’m convinced I’ve lost whatever it is.

I once spent 10 minutes searching for my car keys after walking the dog. Checked every pocket 50 times and was about to phone home for a lift when I realised I had the key fob dangling from my mouth.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Petty Insanities on 14:22 - May 18 with 1313 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Petty Insanities on 17:25 - May 17 by Northernr

People who go one stop on the bus. Sometimes standing and waiting ten minutes for one to arrive to do so. It's over there, I can literally see it.

They've either got a pass which they're trying to maximise or they're taking advantage of the Hopper fare.
Petty Insanities on 14:23 - May 18 with 1311 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Petty Insanities on 20:17 - May 17 by Superhoops2808

So to confirm:

Toilet Roll has to be front loading - Missus doesn't care and she ALWAYS leaves the empty roll behind

Towel chucked on the rail not folded drives me nuts too

People driving with their fog lights on

Middle Lane hogs - I just cruise past in the left lane shaking my head. Not wasting my petrol on driving the long way round them

People who refuse to merge in turn as a lane closes

I never look at the league table till after the final whistle - Brings bad luck for me

And sorry Norf... I get on the bus for two stops because I am f**ked if I am walking up the hill (Plus its free anyway!!)

I recently switched from back to front loading. It felt like a seismic change.
Petty Insanities on 14:23 - May 18 with 1313 viewsMick_S

Petty Insanities on 14:18 - May 18 by Benny_the_Ball

I suspect that comes from trying to maintain a positive mindset so you don't affect the next shot. Personally, I find it delusional; it does nothing to improve your game.

My golfing petty insanity is players who award themselves gimmes. I once played a round with a chap who awarded himself a gimme for any putt within 12 feet. At the end of the round he exclaimed "I just realised I shot a 72", to which I replied "That's assuming you would have made all 18 putts. Had you 2 putted them all, you'd have shot 90".

Golfers that talk to their golf ball.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Petty Insanities on 14:26 - May 18 with 1305 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Petty Insanities on 14:23 - May 18 by Mick_S

Golfers that talk to their golf ball.

That's because the partner won't listen and the ball doesn't talk back!
Petty Insanities on 14:35 - May 18 with 1272 viewsdannyblue

Petty Insanities on 14:20 - May 18 by Mick_S

Everything I have when I go out has its own pocket. If I mess things up I’m convinced I’ve lost whatever it is.

I once spent 10 minutes searching for my car keys after walking the dog. Checked every pocket 50 times and was about to phone home for a lift when I realised I had the key fob dangling from my mouth.

I was once on the phone to my mate and we were trying to arrange a meet up so I needed to check my calendar and as we were talking I was walking all over the flat looking for my phone so I could look at my calendar…
Petty Insanities on 14:43 - May 18 with 1269 viewswelwynranger

Petty Insanities on 14:18 - May 18 by Benny_the_Ball

I suspect that comes from trying to maintain a positive mindset so you don't affect the next shot. Personally, I find it delusional; it does nothing to improve your game.

My golfing petty insanity is players who award themselves gimmes. I once played a round with a chap who awarded himself a gimme for any putt within 12 feet. At the end of the round he exclaimed "I just realised I shot a 72", to which I replied "That's assuming you would have made all 18 putts. Had you 2 putted them all, you'd have shot 90".

No golfer is allowed to award him or her self a gimme.
It has to be offered by the opponent, just to pick the ball up off the green is a 2 shot penalty.
They would only do it once.
Petty Insanities on 15:11 - May 18 with 1249 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Petty Insanities on 14:43 - May 18 by welwynranger

No golfer is allowed to award him or her self a gimme.
It has to be offered by the opponent, just to pick the ball up off the green is a 2 shot penalty.
They would only do it once.

In a tournament setting yes, but try applying that penalty when you're playing a leisurely round with friends.

In this particular case it was a friendly round with an old mate who'd invited me to a very exclusive golf club so during the round I didn't take issue with it. It was only at the end when he began totting up his score that I pushed back. Since then, whenever we play I insist that all putts are made, and there are no gimmes. The crazy thing is he's pretty decent (certainly better than me) so he really shouldn't have to resort to such tactics.
Login to get fewer ads

Petty Insanities on 16:21 - May 18 with 1168 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Petty Insanities on 15:11 - May 18 by Benny_the_Ball

In a tournament setting yes, but try applying that penalty when you're playing a leisurely round with friends.

In this particular case it was a friendly round with an old mate who'd invited me to a very exclusive golf club so during the round I didn't take issue with it. It was only at the end when he began totting up his score that I pushed back. Since then, whenever we play I insist that all putts are made, and there are no gimmes. The crazy thing is he's pretty decent (certainly better than me) so he really shouldn't have to resort to such tactics.

As a very casual golfer I play with 3 other high handicap hackers ( but incredible human beings ) and we have a simple rule that not only works nicely but also speeds up play .
Every approch shot , chip ,bunker shot or long putt that ends up close to the hole we quickly measure and if its inside the leather grip of the putter pick it up and add 1.
This simply takes out the chance of the dreaded 3 or 4 putt which destroys the player and brings down the mood for the entire group .
We only play for fun ,no money or competitions handicaps so it does not matter in the big picture and nobody ever claims they shot under their score on a hole to gain advantage just very casual
Petty Insanities on 16:54 - May 18 with 1150 viewshantssi

Petty Insanities on 16:21 - May 18 by CLAREMAN1995

As a very casual golfer I play with 3 other high handicap hackers ( but incredible human beings ) and we have a simple rule that not only works nicely but also speeds up play .
Every approch shot , chip ,bunker shot or long putt that ends up close to the hole we quickly measure and if its inside the leather grip of the putter pick it up and add 1.
This simply takes out the chance of the dreaded 3 or 4 putt which destroys the player and brings down the mood for the entire group .
We only play for fun ,no money or competitions handicaps so it does not matter in the big picture and nobody ever claims they shot under their score on a hole to gain advantage just very casual

Unless in a comp we do the same.
Mind you, my short putting is terrible so perhaps I should always putt out!
Petty Insanities on 17:01 - May 18 with 1132 viewsactonman

My missus gets the hump if I don’t say “bless you “ every time she sneezes !! I mean ffs shall I go out and paint a fking black cross on the front door aswell!
Petty Insanities on 22:07 - May 18 with 1047 viewsMrSheen

Trying to do something while there’s something else in my hand already. For example, getting my keys out to get into the house but then thinking I’ll take my earbuds out and put them back in their case with one-and-a-half hands first.
Petty Insanities on 23:01 - May 18 with 1008 viewsGaryT

The missus has dragged you along to some art and craft style shop and she leaves you alone for two minutes.

Ahh, that's better.
Petty Insanities on 12:28 - May 19 with 924 viewsSpaceman_P

Petty Insanities on 17:16 - May 17 by numptydumpty

It's very common women will say they are fine to their partner when they are clearly not and the follow up question so what's wrong is answered by nothing when you know it's something.

I then saw you say you are autistic so I understand why you may ask if it's normal

Ie you take on whatever is said as being the case and find normal social cues or strangeness in conversation as logical.

I worked for many years in a home supporting people who experiemced severe autism and actually have couple friends who have mild asperges.

So understand how your question is asked.

Must be a challenge for you to read all the nonsense we all post on here.

Good luck to you Spaceman

Hope all is good with you...

Wouldn't say I am AUTISTIC so to speak, although been reading up on it the last few weeks and think I am a little on the spectrum with stuff.

Relationships are hard for me - I am married, but all my relationships go a bit wonky for reasons I absolutely have no idea about.

Safe to say, this current relationship has gone strong, we're married after all, but there are things I would say I have no idea why my partner is upset about.

I also realised I like very specific things and am obsessed by things.

Never been diagnosed, but what I said about realising I was autistic was that everything you guys have posted seems to resonate with me.

I for one, cannot handle changes, especially last minute changes.
Petty Insanities on 12:43 - May 19 with 914 views81A

Petty Insanities on 23:01 - May 18 by GaryT

The missus has dragged you along to some art and craft style shop and she leaves you alone for two minutes.

Ahh, that's better.

Done exactly the same thing in Dunelm - its that or blow your brains out. Also have to write QPR with a finger on any dirty cars found on holiday.
Raising your voice to foreigners so they have a better chance of understanding you or now to AI telephone answering services.
Petty Insanities on 13:25 - May 19 with 870 viewsHayesender

Petty Insanities on 12:28 - May 19 by Spaceman_P

Wouldn't say I am AUTISTIC so to speak, although been reading up on it the last few weeks and think I am a little on the spectrum with stuff.

Relationships are hard for me - I am married, but all my relationships go a bit wonky for reasons I absolutely have no idea about.

Safe to say, this current relationship has gone strong, we're married after all, but there are things I would say I have no idea why my partner is upset about.

I also realised I like very specific things and am obsessed by things.

Never been diagnosed, but what I said about realising I was autistic was that everything you guys have posted seems to resonate with me.

I for one, cannot handle changes, especially last minute changes.

My missus is forever telling me I'm on the autism spectrum. I can go from 0 to 100 in the anger stakes over the slightest change to any sort of routine (not violent, just angry) and have also lost relationships over the years because of it. Thankfully my other half gets me if that makes sense?

Both of my grown up children are on the spectrum, my son being diagnosed with aspergers at a young age, but he has it quite severe.

I was one of those children at school who was pretty much shoved to the back of the classroom and just did my own thing, as things like autism weren't really talked about in the 80's.

So as I say to the other half when she goes on about getting checked, I just say there's not really any point now. I've lived with my weird ways for 53 years, and I'm quite comfortable with it now.

Ps, I've just thought of another petty insanity. People who waffle on about golf

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Petty Insanities on 14:35 - May 19 with 833 viewsdmm

Mrs dmm worked in special needs education for many years, including with students with autism, and was head teacher at several SEN schools.

She thinks everyone is on the spectrum in one way or another, and I think this series of posts sort of shows that. I have a few mild traits and so does she.

We're all a bit different and a bit strange. And each one of us is unique with our funny little ways.
Petty Insanities on 15:16 - May 19 with 805 viewsSpaceman_P

Petty Insanities on 13:25 - May 19 by Hayesender

My missus is forever telling me I'm on the autism spectrum. I can go from 0 to 100 in the anger stakes over the slightest change to any sort of routine (not violent, just angry) and have also lost relationships over the years because of it. Thankfully my other half gets me if that makes sense?

Both of my grown up children are on the spectrum, my son being diagnosed with aspergers at a young age, but he has it quite severe.

I was one of those children at school who was pretty much shoved to the back of the classroom and just did my own thing, as things like autism weren't really talked about in the 80's.

So as I say to the other half when she goes on about getting checked, I just say there's not really any point now. I've lived with my weird ways for 53 years, and I'm quite comfortable with it now.

Ps, I've just thought of another petty insanity. People who waffle on about golf

yep... same, back of the class for me too.
Petty Insanities on 09:17 - May 20 with 622 viewsTheChef

Petty Insanities on 16:06 - May 17 by SheffieldHoop

That depends on which country we're in!

I'm banned from the left side of our cooker as it gets splashes on her cake stand thing.....So usually back right as it's the bigger one. Instinctively I want to use Front Left, but just not worth the agg.

Another is how often we coat our kids with coconut oil.....She reckons it needs doing after every bath, whereas I always thought coconut oil was for cooking.

This really clarifies a lot of things.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Petty Insanities on 16:25 - May 20 with 529 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Petty Insanities on 13:25 - May 19 by Hayesender

My missus claimed that I was on the spectrum and sent me an online test to prove it. Any score under 60 you're on it, 61-85 you're borderline, 85+ you're not. I scored 93 so that killed that theory off. I then asked her to take it, which she did, but she then refused to reveal her score. A quick glance over her shoulder revealed that she'd scored 45. Needless to say, she then claimed that the test (which she'd championed) was flawed.
Petty Insanities on 17:21 - May 20 with 482 viewsSheffieldHoop

Petty Insanities on 16:25 - May 20 by Benny_the_Ball

My missus claimed that I was on the spectrum and sent me an online test to prove it. Any score under 60 you're on it, 61-85 you're borderline, 85+ you're not. I scored 93 so that killed that theory off. I then asked her to take it, which she did, but she then refused to reveal her score. A quick glance over her shoulder revealed that she'd scored 45. Needless to say, she then claimed that the test (which she'd championed) was flawed.

I suspect most people who use this forum are in some way "Neurodiverse" or "on the spectrum" - Myself included although not formally diagnosed, and I don't want to be either - The usefulness in diagnosing or even describing something that is seemingly so common is the bit I'm struggling with.

In the last 4 years, we've gone from 1 in 100 kids to 1 in 36 now being diagnosed with Autism. Once you chuck in ADHD, ADD, Dyslexia etc it's estimated (Conservatively) we're down to 1 in 7 people being born with "neuro differences" - Born with.

Then you've got the acquired neurodiversity such as PTSD and Bipolar disorder that people pick up throughout their lives

At what point do we say enough? Enough exceptions, enough excuses.....

Can I do anything about it? No. So does that make this a petty insanity? Probably

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Petty Insanities (n/t) on 17:44 - May 20 with 471 viewsQPsyR

Petty Insanities on 17:21 - May 20 by SheffieldHoop

I suspect most people who use this forum are in some way "Neurodiverse" or "on the spectrum" - Myself included although not formally diagnosed, and I don't want to be either - The usefulness in diagnosing or even describing something that is seemingly so common is the bit I'm struggling with.

In the last 4 years, we've gone from 1 in 100 kids to 1 in 36 now being diagnosed with Autism. Once you chuck in ADHD, ADD, Dyslexia etc it's estimated (Conservatively) we're down to 1 in 7 people being born with "neuro differences" - Born with.

Then you've got the acquired neurodiversity such as PTSD and Bipolar disorder that people pick up throughout their lives

At what point do we say enough? Enough exceptions, enough excuses.....

Can I do anything about it? No. So does that make this a petty insanity? Probably

[Post edited 23 May 13:05]

FKA AcidPixie

Petty Insanities on 22:26 - May 20 with 382 viewswombat

Petty Insanities (n/t) on 17:44 - May 20 by QPsyR

[Post edited 23 May 13:05]

Couple more to add to the list of stupid things
Must enter the lower loft by the middle set of stairs even if the other two are empty also include when coming back from half time ciggie.

Must use the second stall in the lower loft toilets , was much easier when the troughs were there now it’s separate it’s easier .

Poll: which is your favouite foot

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024