Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Question for a Scottisher 19:07 - May 18 with 1361 viewsBoston

..but open to anyone. One of the gents at work this morning was a Hearts fan. He whipped out his p...hone for a look at the HoM's score and I had a quick gawp at the goals. Not much interest really, but playing the decent boss, had to pretend they looked good and all that. What actually grabbed my attention was the small allocation for (G spot)Rangers, presumably all away fans. This the norm, would have thought it would be much bigger?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Question for a Scottisher on 19:35 - May 18 with 1260 viewsTonto

I'm nit sure what your question actually is... are you asking g why Rangers got a small ticket allocation?

In which case the answer is becuase the home team usually wants its own supporters to be at the game, rather than the away fans. Kinda like how we only gave away teams the upper.school end down the stretch.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Question for a Scottisher on 19:52 - May 18 with 1214 viewsBoston

Question for a Scottisher on 19:35 - May 18 by Tonto

I'm nit sure what your question actually is... are you asking g why Rangers got a small ticket allocation?

In which case the answer is becuase the home team usually wants its own supporters to be at the game, rather than the away fans. Kinda like how we only gave away teams the upper.school end down the stretch.

I know, but I'm accustomed to hearing / seeing the big Glasgow clubs filling half the ground at away fixtures.

Like your use of 'nit'.

Question for a Scottisher on 20:10 - May 18 with 1174 viewsTonto

Question for a Scottisher on 19:52 - May 18 by Boston

I know, but I'm accustomed to hearing / seeing the big Glasgow clubs filling half the ground at away fixtures.

Like your use of 'nit'.

More like crapntyping on my phone and autocorrect being rubbish

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Question for a Scottisher on 20:27 - May 18 with 1131 viewsKonk

Rangers give a pathetically small away allocation (900?) so Hearts have presumably retaliated. Hibs get the whole of the Roseburn, although I think this has been slightly reduced due to incidents.

Given all the stuff you have to contend with, with the OF supports, and especially Rangers, there's quite an appetite at various clubs to significantly cut their away allocations.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Question for a Scottisher on 00:11 - May 19 with 946 viewsBoston

Question for a Scottisher on 20:27 - May 18 by Konk

Rangers give a pathetically small away allocation (900?) so Hearts have presumably retaliated. Hibs get the whole of the Roseburn, although I think this has been slightly reduced due to incidents.

Given all the stuff you have to contend with, with the OF supports, and especially Rangers, there's quite an appetite at various clubs to significantly cut their away allocations.

Ta for the info. Not that I'm glued to STV, but I have a strong recollection of games like these being rammed with Glaswegians.
[Post edited 19 May 0:12]

Question for a Scottisher on 08:46 - May 19 with 774 viewsSunnyVanGo

I saw Hearts win at Celtic in Dec, they’ve had a good season - tailed off a bit.
Fans of national team are optimistic for Shankland this summer.

When I first moved to Scotland (late 90’s) I was told of the business model for certain new stadiums being built (ICT, Falkirk, Clyde) included a large away end or stand that can be used for away fans (particularly Celtic /GR).

I believe over the years that fans revenue has reduced in comparison to other streams (not to the extent of in England though), so less need to accommodate Old Firm away fans.
As alluded to above the cost of policing / stewarding increases the more away fans you attract too.
Question for a Scottisher on 09:25 - May 19 with 713 viewsPunteR

Been to one game up there. At Celtic.
My overriding memory was you can't get a beer at the stadium.
Hamilton had a small away allocation but still managed to kick off on a Sunday afternoon.
It was freezing , raining and my mate wasn't wearing socks with his loafers.
Bovril was quite nice as my hangover kicked in.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Question for a Scottisher on 18:55 - May 19 with 560 viewsslmrstid

I'm sure I read earlier this season that Hearts had radically reduced the size of their away end because demand for the home crowds had rocketed, so they wanted more of their fans in.

Fair play to them.
Login to get fewer ads

Question for a Scottisher on 18:59 - May 19 with 550 viewsBklynRanger

Question for a Scottisher on 19:52 - May 18 by Boston

Like your use of 'nit'.

I have to say I think you handled that response very well
Question for a Scottisher on 09:27 - May 20 with 365 viewsTheChef

Question for a Scottisher on 08:46 - May 19 by SunnyVanGo

I saw Hearts win at Celtic in Dec, they’ve had a good season - tailed off a bit.
Fans of national team are optimistic for Shankland this summer.

When I first moved to Scotland (late 90’s) I was told of the business model for certain new stadiums being built (ICT, Falkirk, Clyde) included a large away end or stand that can be used for away fans (particularly Celtic /GR).

I believe over the years that fans revenue has reduced in comparison to other streams (not to the extent of in England though), so less need to accommodate Old Firm away fans.
As alluded to above the cost of policing / stewarding increases the more away fans you attract too.

Mate is a Hearts fan and can't believe Dykes gets selected ahead of Shankland.

Apparently Steve Clarke a bit like Southgate and selects players more over 'loyalty' than actual playing form.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024