Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barton and SWP hughes 1st casualties 09:30 - Jan 15 with 2229 viewsQueener_83

Joey Barton is set to be one of the first casualties in Mark Hughes’ QPR revolution.

Bad boy Joey, 29, is suspended and will miss today’s trip to Newcastle.

But highly placed Rangers sources believe Barton is unlikely to figure in Hughes’ long-term plans.

Hughes took over last week, following the sacking of Neil Warnock, and vowed to grab the chance to build a club of substance.

Warnock was the boss who recruited controversial Barton on a free transfer last August and made him Rangers’ captain.

Another high-profile star at risk is Shaun Wright-Phillips, who has failed to make any real impact since a summer move from Manchester City. Hughes accepts that he has a major rebuilding job at the club and is looking to off-load a number of players.

But, with only two weeks of the transfer window ­remaining, the time may not be right for sweeping changes at the club.

Hughes is targeting at least six new signings.

Rangers agreed a fee yesterday to sign centre-back Alex from Chelsea.

The Loftus Road hierarchy will now have to agree ­personal terms with the Brazilian defender.

Hughes is also hoping to recruit rising young Brazil star Henrique — work permit permitting — on an 18-month loan deal from Sao Paulo with an option to buy him for around £5million.
Barton and SWP hughes 1st casualties on 09:37 - Jan 15 with 2189 viewshamptonhillhoop

Philip beard has just been on the radio saying he's "flabbergasted" by these reports, that no such discussions have taken place, and completely denying it
Barton and SWP hughes 1st casualties on 09:41 - Jan 15 with 2165 viewsMattnme

More tabloid bolox.
Barton and SWP hughes 1st casualties on 09:49 - Jan 15 with 2136 viewsTW_R

Barton and SWP hughes 1st casualties on 09:41 - Jan 15 by Mattnme

More tabloid bolox.

Exactly. That would be great man-management - piss off you're only fit decent midfielder and SWP as you're main potential attacking threat.
Barton and SWP hughes 1st casualties on 10:19 - Jan 15 with 2029 viewsDesertBoot

SWP is the one I'd expect to benefit the most from Hughes' appointment.
Laughable.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Barton and SWP hughes 1st casualties on 10:30 - Jan 15 with 1974 viewsexiled_dictator

As reported by Sunday Mirror, and their award winning journalist Paul Smith.

I thought he was in the fashion industry?
Spinning a yarn?

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

Barton and SWP hughes 1st casualties on 10:33 - Jan 15 with 1954 viewsJonDoeman

bullshit

It Is What It Is !!

Barton and SWP hughes 1st casualties on 10:35 - Jan 15 with 1944 viewswindsorhoop

Expect loads of this from Paul Smith he must of been sleeping with warnock or something. He kicked of on twitter when warnock was sacked with pure abuse towards fernandez.

He will be doing everything he can to distabalise us.
Barton and SWP hughes 1st casualties on 11:09 - Jan 15 with 1855 viewsTW_R

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16566626.stm

Also:-

QPR chief executive Phillip Beard has assured fans Joey Barton will not be leaving Loftus Road in the January transfer window.

Speculation has been rife regarding the former Newcastle midfielder and current R's captain, with new boss Mark Hughes ready to stamp his own authority on the team.

But Beard insists the 29-year-old will remain a QPR player as the club strives to avoid relegation.

Beard said: "I can categorically tell you there have been no discussions in the time I've spent with Mark or his team this week about anyone leaving.

"Barton is the captain, he came in the summer and is part of the building work we want to do. He has been fantastic in my six months at the club."
Login to get fewer ads

Barton and SWP hughes 1st casualties on 11:11 - Jan 15 with 1839 viewsElHoop

What award did Paul Smith win? Plum of the month?
Barton and SWP hughes 1st casualties on 11:14 - Jan 15 with 1832 viewsstansleftfoot

Barton and SWP hughes 1st casualties on 11:09 - Jan 15 by TW_R

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16566626.stm

Also:-

QPR chief executive Phillip Beard has assured fans Joey Barton will not be leaving Loftus Road in the January transfer window.

Speculation has been rife regarding the former Newcastle midfielder and current R's captain, with new boss Mark Hughes ready to stamp his own authority on the team.

But Beard insists the 29-year-old will remain a QPR player as the club strives to avoid relegation.

Beard said: "I can categorically tell you there have been no discussions in the time I've spent with Mark or his team this week about anyone leaving.

"Barton is the captain, he came in the summer and is part of the building work we want to do. He has been fantastic in my six months at the club."

Paul Smith can be found for requests for quotes or evidence of 'his story'

Twitter: @Smudge1962
Barton and SWP hughes 1st casualties on 11:20 - Jan 15 with 1815 viewsexiled_dictator

Barton and SWP hughes 1st casualties on 11:11 - Jan 15 by ElHoop

I think I had my tongue firmly in my cheek when I suggested he was award winning.
He couldn't catch a cold if he was naked in a snow storm.
Better as a tailor, I believe.

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

Barton and SWP hughes 1st casualties on 11:28 - Jan 15 with 1782 viewsJamie

Barton and SWP hughes 1st casualties on 11:11 - Jan 15 by ElHoop

You only have to see the contempt for Smith when he's on Sunday Supplement to know his reputation in journalistic circles.

Barton and SWP hughes 1st casualties on 12:12 - Jan 15 with 1696 viewshamptonhillhoop

The inside pages also have a story on Warnock going to Leeds, which is pure speculation, words such as "potential", "availability noted", "could" etc. Ipswich also "may" be interested. Joke
Barton and SWP hughes 1st casualties on 12:23 - Jan 15 with 1669 viewsWatford_Ranger

You can't play for three clubs in a season anyway, I think.
Barton and SWP hughes 1st casualties on 12:52 - Jan 15 with 1612 viewsade_qpr

Barton and SWP hughes 1st casualties on 12:23 - Jan 15 by Watford_Ranger

You can't play for three clubs in a season anyway, I think.

thats what I thought until
http://www.inbrief.co.uk/football-law/footballers-transfer-in-season.htm

If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024