Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just got back, a few thoughts/observations.... 16:35 - Jan 28 with 5549 viewsfLaMeBoY

1/ Trying not to be too downbeat but we really were utter garbage today, particularly attacking wise. Stood off Chelsea virtually all game and just watched Chelsea pass the ball around us.

2/ No passion, effort, desire and an overall horrendous lack of quality. We didn’t even look like a plucky League One team, let along a Premiership, as we created nothing — one shot on goal in the 96th minutes aside.

3/ Time and time again we had miss-placed passes, mis-controlling the ball, crap corners, no movement, basic throw-ins cocked up and so on.

4/ SWP played like every bit the right-footed winger asked to play ion the left. Continuously cut inside EVERY time he got the ball and every time lost the ball. SWP QPR career summed up with the last kick of the game when he was just outside the box with no player within 10 yards of him and he hit the half volley into the upper loft.
Mackie was hopeless as ever. Not his fault, he is simply not good enough and shouldn’t be in the team but there is no other option right now.

5/ Kenny is obviously carrying an injury with his goal kicks barely making it to the halfway line putting us continuously on the back foot. He actually signalled to the bench in the first half that he was struggling. I can see a replacement coming in before Wednesday.

6/ Smith up front with Helguson painfully didn’t work. I like Smith but just like last week he should only be used as sub for us to bring on against lower opposition. When he starts games against strong opposition the game simply passes him by.

7/ Macheda is simply turd. How he picks a wage up to be a footballer is beyond me. Sadly as it stands he (and Hulse!) will be starting on Wednesday at Villa. My word.

8/ Three days left in the window and we are pinning our hopes on a 34 year old player to score the goals to keep us up. Helguson is now picking up knocks and legs probably shot to pieces after the efforts of the first half of the season. If we fail to bring in at least one quality striker we really will be in massive trouble.

9/ On the positives we really did look at lot more organised. Defensively again a huge improvement with Chelsea having next to nothing on target — an amazing feat considering Hall and Hill where playing.

10/ Another positive is that is surely the last we will see of Hill and Hall. They did ok today but we all know they are just one good 90 minutes away from a shocker.

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Just got back, a few thoughts/observations.... on 14:48 - Jan 30 with 695 viewsW7Ranger

Just got back, a few thoughts/observations.... on 14:40 - Jan 30 by Northernr

Buzsaky, but to say that all of Barton's set pieces on Saturday were bad is incorrect.

Never once said Barton's were bad fella. And if he takes 6-7 free kicks/corners during a game, you wouldn't some of them to be half decent.

But you've only got to look at Buzz's delivery's in the 2-3 games he's played in recently compared to Barton's (inconsistant at best) deliveries all season to reaslise it's a "no brainer" imho.
Just got back, a few thoughts/observations.... on 14:51 - Jan 30 with 685 viewsA40Bosh

Just got back, a few thoughts/observations.... on 14:48 - Jan 30 by W7Ranger

Never once said Barton's were bad fella. And if he takes 6-7 free kicks/corners during a game, you wouldn't some of them to be half decent.

But you've only got to look at Buzz's delivery's in the 2-3 games he's played in recently compared to Barton's (inconsistant at best) deliveries all season to reaslise it's a "no brainer" imho.

From which pub did you make these observations from in the end?

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Just got back, a few thoughts/observations.... on 14:53 - Jan 30 with 681 viewsTW_R

Just got back, a few thoughts/observations.... on 20:05 - Jan 29 by Northernr

They were more threatening against us with nine for one reason - Torres. It was like they had ten men yesterday. They were better without him with only nine men than having 11 and him up front.

Exactly. Easy way to nullify Torres was keep his back to goal and, to be fair to Hall, he did a pretty good job on him on Saturday. In fact, Torres made Hall look quite good!
Just got back, a few thoughts/observations.... on 16:47 - Jan 30 with 651 viewsW7Ranger

Just got back, a few thoughts/observations.... on 14:51 - Jan 30 by A40Bosh

From which pub did you make these observations from in the end?

Hennessy's. It was quite packed in there. But because the game was so poor with little goal mouth action, I struggled to work out how many R's and how many Chelsea were in there until the Penalty. About a quarter was Chelsea. The most excitement we got was when Young nearly socred at the death.

Just before half time though, 2 guys came in and asked the girl behind the bar if they were showing the Man U game!!!!!!!
Just got back, a few thoughts/observations.... on 16:50 - Jan 30 with 643 viewsA40Bosh

Just got back, a few thoughts/observations.... on 16:47 - Jan 30 by W7Ranger

Hennessy's. It was quite packed in there. But because the game was so poor with little goal mouth action, I struggled to work out how many R's and how many Chelsea were in there until the Penalty. About a quarter was Chelsea. The most excitement we got was when Young nearly socred at the death.

Just before half time though, 2 guys came in and asked the girl behind the bar if they were showing the Man U game!!!!!!!

"2 guys came in and asked the girl behind the bar if they were showing the Man U game!!!!!!!"

It's an Irish pub, so it is to be expected really!

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Just got back, a few thoughts/observations.... on 16:59 - Jan 30 with 639 viewsW7Ranger

Just got back, a few thoughts/observations.... on 16:50 - Jan 30 by A40Bosh

"2 guys came in and asked the girl behind the bar if they were showing the Man U game!!!!!!!"

It's an Irish pub, so it is to be expected really!

ha ha! True!

And they were 2 asian fellas too!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024