Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Strange stat from last night 10:43 - Mar 22 with 1442 viewsBstokeranger

Here's one for all the Barton haters.

At half time here in Oz they put stats up for different players compared to their counterparts.

Barton had the highest amount of KM's run then anyone and had more completed passes then Gerrard.

I get as frustrated as much as the next guy when I see him waste passes but at least he is getting on the ball!
Strange stat from last night on 11:10 - Mar 22 with 1386 viewsreal_loftus

He ran the most, chasing down all of his misplaced passes I would imagine

ATAF.

Strange stat from last night on 11:33 - Mar 22 with 1293 viewsBstokeranger

Strange stat from last night on 11:10 - Mar 22 by real_loftus

He ran the most, chasing down all of his misplaced passes I would imagine

Maybe true. I guess it also makes you think where he would be if he completed over half his passes.
Strange stat from last night on 11:38 - Mar 22 with 1269 viewssmegma

Being better than Gerrard is fine but he was the worse player in hoops first half. Of his first 5 passes , two went out of touch and the other three went straight to a red shirt. One of them nearly led to Suarez scoring as early as the fourth minute.As for his 25 yard shot first half ,jesus wept. But fair play to him he never hid and carried on. He has gone on record as saying it was his worse performance ever in his career so you can show all the stats you want. I agreed with him being subbed and up to that point it was the loudest cheer of the night from the home fans. Don't see what booing him off proved though looking back in hindsight as the cheer surely got the message across. He then had the grace to applaud the crowd as he left the pitch. I see hes called those who bood him 'bells' ........very professional once again from the club captain.
Strange stat from last night on 11:45 - Mar 22 with 1235 viewsspencer

None of this suprises me at all.Last night was no exception, he did run after everything and try to close their midfield down....But it was his creative play which was highlighted and let him down.He tried to do too many "extravagant" long passes in too many deep positions.One free kick...in an attacking position, lead to them nearly scoring as the kick was so poor.

He was very poor last night in his creative side9 i saw quite a few tackles fly in) but to be fair.....we had no real out ball....No real wide players with derry Diakite himself and Adel all occupying the middle of the pitch.

Diakite is being praised, but for the first 30 mins he looked like Bambi on ice..in fact his first 3 passes ...from within our penalty area...nearly all got punished.

The problem Barton has...is he is very opinionated on subjects...very vocal on twitter and people./fans appear to have latched on to the idea of his wages therefore being too high.

For me...Barton is not a ring winger...right sided midfielder...he is better inside.But Barton needs to react to this and come out leading from next game onwards.

My theory on the muted Mackie celebration....was towards the fans that booed barton

Just my opinions..they may be wrong..please don;t send the boys round to knee cap me if you don't agree.

Thanks
Strange stat from last night on 11:54 - Mar 22 with 1201 viewsBstokeranger

Strange stat from last night on 11:38 - Mar 22 by smegma

Being better than Gerrard is fine but he was the worse player in hoops first half. Of his first 5 passes , two went out of touch and the other three went straight to a red shirt. One of them nearly led to Suarez scoring as early as the fourth minute.As for his 25 yard shot first half ,jesus wept. But fair play to him he never hid and carried on. He has gone on record as saying it was his worse performance ever in his career so you can show all the stats you want. I agreed with him being subbed and up to that point it was the loudest cheer of the night from the home fans. Don't see what booing him off proved though looking back in hindsight as the cheer surely got the message across. He then had the grace to applaud the crowd as he left the pitch. I see hes called those who bood him 'bells' ........very professional once again from the club captain.

Like any stats they can be made to read whatever you like. I certainly don't think it made him a better player then Gerrard, I'm sure the percentage would show Gerrard was on top with that and his off the ball running was far better.

As has been said by others, booing ain't gonna achieve anything. He was poor, we all know that and come the next game, as with any other player in any other game, you would hope that the team sheet reflects that.

The best sign for all the fans will be how he reacts and I don't just mean on twitter.
Hopefully with a winner against Sunderland.
Strange stat from last night on 11:55 - Mar 22 with 1196 viewsAntti_Heinola

Strange stat from last night on 11:45 - Mar 22 by spencer

None of this suprises me at all.Last night was no exception, he did run after everything and try to close their midfield down....But it was his creative play which was highlighted and let him down.He tried to do too many "extravagant" long passes in too many deep positions.One free kick...in an attacking position, lead to them nearly scoring as the kick was so poor.

He was very poor last night in his creative side9 i saw quite a few tackles fly in) but to be fair.....we had no real out ball....No real wide players with derry Diakite himself and Adel all occupying the middle of the pitch.

Diakite is being praised, but for the first 30 mins he looked like Bambi on ice..in fact his first 3 passes ...from within our penalty area...nearly all got punished.

The problem Barton has...is he is very opinionated on subjects...very vocal on twitter and people./fans appear to have latched on to the idea of his wages therefore being too high.

For me...Barton is not a ring winger...right sided midfielder...he is better inside.But Barton needs to react to this and come out leading from next game onwards.

My theory on the muted Mackie celebration....was towards the fans that booed barton

Just my opinions..they may be wrong..please don;t send the boys round to knee cap me if you don't agree.

Thanks

Think Mackie's muted celebration was more about responding to the tw@ts who abused him last week. Hope he knows that the majority of fans are right behind him.

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024