Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Speed Awareness Course 12:35 - May 23 with 6882 viewsGloucs_R

Posted on here a few weeks ago that I got caight speeding, 38 in a 30. Anyway, I got the forms through today for my Speed Awareness Course. Thames Valley is managed by the AA who charge £95 for you to attend. I said I didnt want to do the course in the TV so they told me to contact Glocs County who only charged me £72. Bit of a pish take that one company charge you so much more than another for the same course.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Speed Awareness Course on 13:28 - Mar 27 with 735 viewsHunterhoop

Speed Awareness Course on 12:36 - Mar 27 by Jamie

Speed doesnt kill, bad driving kills. Says bad drivers. Who speed.

Ridiculous. I presume tongue in cheek, otherwise that is downright moronic.

"Speeding" by what measure? A yardstick decided, for most roads, decades ago when cars were much less responsive and safe. A yardstick which doesn't change for different road conditions, levels of traffic or no. of pedestrians around.

As a driver you have to make decisions all the time about action to take based on a number of factors. If you make bad decisions (don't indicate, pull out, cut people up, don't look in your mirrors, don't cover the break when there are children walking/running on the pavement, don't concentrate in built up areas, etc, etc) you risk injuring yourself and others. If you make good decisions then you won't. Speed is a red herring. Yes, bad drivers will go too quickly for the situation/environment they're driving in, but they may also drive too slowly and also cause danger (e.g. think of joining a motorway but not accelerating up the slip road sufficiently). Speed MAY be a symptom of bad driving but it is not the cause of deaths, injuries or accidents; bad driving is the cause.
Speed Awareness Course on 14:05 - Mar 27 with 686 viewswombat

Speed Awareness Course on 13:28 - Mar 27 by Hunterhoop

Ridiculous. I presume tongue in cheek, otherwise that is downright moronic.

"Speeding" by what measure? A yardstick decided, for most roads, decades ago when cars were much less responsive and safe. A yardstick which doesn't change for different road conditions, levels of traffic or no. of pedestrians around.

As a driver you have to make decisions all the time about action to take based on a number of factors. If you make bad decisions (don't indicate, pull out, cut people up, don't look in your mirrors, don't cover the break when there are children walking/running on the pavement, don't concentrate in built up areas, etc, etc) you risk injuring yourself and others. If you make good decisions then you won't. Speed is a red herring. Yes, bad drivers will go too quickly for the situation/environment they're driving in, but they may also drive too slowly and also cause danger (e.g. think of joining a motorway but not accelerating up the slip road sufficiently). Speed MAY be a symptom of bad driving but it is not the cause of deaths, injuries or accidents; bad driving is the cause.

did the thames valley one a few years ago , some hotel in berkshire after work , wasnt bad learnt a bit ,m funny thing was as we all left there was a few reps in the company BMWS leaving all went at it like a scene from fast and furious. 500 hundred yards down the rd was yep a unamarked van with the back doors open , and yes it had a camera or two stuck out of the back conicidence ummm

Poll: which is your favouite foot

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024