Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
After three months of watching Alcatraz... 15:54 - Jun 7 with 1680 viewsWarfieldHoop

The bloody series has been cancelled
After three months of watching Alcatraz... on 16:19 - Jun 7 with 1647 viewsMetallica_Hoop

That happened to Invasion too. It was SUPERB and genuinely creepy.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

After three months of watching Alcatraz... on 16:24 - Jun 7 with 1632 viewsLewes_r

"jumping the shark" US tv produces some amazing series that have the shelf life of a QPR manager

Poll: Who do we want down with us and Burnley?

After three months of watching Alcatraz... on 16:26 - Jun 7 with 1619 viewsToast_R

Same with Caprica on Sci Fi.

Managed to watch the last episodes mind via a download.

Actually thought it was an interesting concept. Waiting on Blood & Chrome but still no news on a release.
After three months of watching Alcatraz... on 16:30 - Jun 7 with 1606 viewsMetallica_Hoop

After three months of watching Alcatraz... on 16:26 - Jun 7 by Toast_R

Same with Caprica on Sci Fi.

Managed to watch the last episodes mind via a download.

Actually thought it was an interesting concept. Waiting on Blood & Chrome but still no news on a release.

I have the first DVD of that series. A very interesting concept like you say, I really enjoyed it.

I must get part two.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

After three months of watching Alcatraz... on 16:33 - Jun 7 with 1594 viewsBluce_Ree

After that awful 4th season of BSG there was no way I was going to watch Caprica.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

After three months of watching Alcatraz... on 16:33 - Jun 7 with 1593 viewsdaveB

i've got 3 epsiodes left to watch of alcatraz, America make some great shows but such a pain when they end them early.

I'm watching Breaking Bad at the moment, upto season four, that is tv at it's very best
After three months of watching Alcatraz... on 16:37 - Jun 7 with 1587 viewsVish

saw 5 episodes then found out it was cancelled so didn't bother with the rest. Looked quite good apart from the main woman character - she seemed a bit weak.

Now watching Homeland
After three months of watching Alcatraz... on 16:40 - Jun 7 with 1580 viewsLewes_r

Firefly was utterly LEGENDARY until they chopped it after just 1 season.. nuts.... even made a film later
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: Who do we want down with us and Burnley?

Login to get fewer ads

After three months of watching Alcatraz... on 16:47 - Jun 7 with 1560 viewsToast_R

Quite enjoyed he first series of Sarah Connor Chronicles. They cancelled halfway through 2nd series.

The Female Terminator girl was 10/10!!!!!!!!
After three months of watching Alcatraz... on 16:48 - Jun 7 with 1558 viewsMattnme

Imo the yanks make some of the best one hour shows but they have a history for doing this. Threshold, Flashforward and The Event are 3 that spring to mind instantly. For them it's all about stateside viewing figures rather then how popular it might be abroad. They'll quite often make more money on the original sale then on any follow up.
Yank audiences can be quite fickle and don't like too many complex thinking series running at one time. Lost was probably the biggest ever of that type and drained alot of their energy.
After three months of watching Alcatraz... on 17:42 - Jun 7 with 1508 viewsAunt_Nelly

After three months of watching Alcatraz... on 16:33 - Jun 7 by daveB

i've got 3 epsiodes left to watch of alcatraz, America make some great shows but such a pain when they end them early.

I'm watching Breaking Bad at the moment, upto season four, that is tv at it's very best

Breaking Bad is quality. Season 5 starts next month, been looking forward to it since last year.
After three months of watching Alcatraz... on 18:03 - Jun 7 with 1486 viewsVancouverHoop

After three months of watching Alcatraz... on 16:48 - Jun 7 by Mattnme

Imo the yanks make some of the best one hour shows but they have a history for doing this. Threshold, Flashforward and The Event are 3 that spring to mind instantly. For them it's all about stateside viewing figures rather then how popular it might be abroad. They'll quite often make more money on the original sale then on any follow up.
Yank audiences can be quite fickle and don't like too many complex thinking series running at one time. Lost was probably the biggest ever of that type and drained alot of their energy.

US TV Networks are in business of selling viewers' eyeballs to advertisers. If they aren't enough of them the show ends immediately, it's that simple. 'Alcatraz' had a massive pre-launch advertising blitz that cost a lot of money. The viewing figures were good for the first two shows then nosedived. Fox weren't prepared to throw more promotional money at the show in the hope the viewing figures would turn around.

Cable shows: 'Breaking Bad,' 'Homeland,' 'Mad Men,' 'Dexter,' and others are either less reliant on advertising, or not dependent at all. Their cash comes mainly from service subscriptions. Shows are allowed more time to find an audience, at least a season (13 shows) or, more often, two before they're yanked. They also have a great deal more latitude in what they can do/show story-wise.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024