Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Club's deep pockets 14:39 - Jul 20 with 6087 viewsAlvarado

Whether Hoilett signs or not there is an article on another thread which suggests Newcastle have gone cold on signing him due to cost. It made me wonder how is it that we can pay him £50k/week and Newcastle can't? (add SWP, Barton, Cisse & other high earners for greater effect).

Yes, yes we are fortunate to be able to call upon Uncles Tony and Lakshmi not to mention Tony's minted Malaysian mates while Newcastle rely on the erstwhile reluctant Mike Ashley (this assumes QPRs apparent deep pockets are indeed an extension of it's owners'. If they're not then I really don't get it).

Let's park for now our home gate of 18k and a smaller (but admittedly growing) fan base as we are told both of these are being addressed. But before this happens, isn't the forthcoming FIFA financial fair play business (or whatever it's called) going to hit us like a freight train the season after next? By then we'll have a ludicrous wage bill and the apparent generosity of our benefactors will be severely constrained - whether we (and they) like it or not. Have I missed something? (please tell me I have!)
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Club's deep pockets on 14:43 - Jul 20 with 4738 viewsPigbag

I understand your concern but Tony etc don't strike me as being reckless with thier dosh that could cause us to be in trouble in a few years down the line, we shall see.
Club's deep pockets on 14:44 - Jul 20 with 4732 viewsblacky200

I don't think you have missed much. There is the increased TV revenue which should bring in around 60 million this season and then there is the sponsorship deals which aren't going to be small but there must be a fair bit of cash being put in by the owners. Don't the financial fair play rules only apply to Euro competitions?
Club's deep pockets on 14:44 - Jul 20 with 4729 viewsPommyhoop

Oh just , just shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ...

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Club's deep pockets on 14:58 - Jul 20 with 4701 viewsjc_hoops

with all due respect, the people now running our club are multi millionares/billionares, so when it comes to money, I do believe they are quite good at this area of finance. you could say that they are taking us for every penny we've got, but they are worth far more than the club, ground and any other bit of QPR, so i have to accept that it is for the love of the game or business situation that they are involved. So, the long term, they will not want to lose money.

So, sit back and relax, ten plus years ago we were passing buckets around for fans to put cash into to help the club, it can't get much worst than that can it?
Club's deep pockets on 15:09 - Jul 20 with 4666 viewsnadera78

Club's deep pockets on 14:58 - Jul 20 by jc_hoops

with all due respect, the people now running our club are multi millionares/billionares, so when it comes to money, I do believe they are quite good at this area of finance. you could say that they are taking us for every penny we've got, but they are worth far more than the club, ground and any other bit of QPR, so i have to accept that it is for the love of the game or business situation that they are involved. So, the long term, they will not want to lose money.

So, sit back and relax, ten plus years ago we were passing buckets around for fans to put cash into to help the club, it can't get much worst than that can it?

QPR is worth nothing*. Ever since we took the ABC loan we've been on the edge, and it's only grown worse since then. At the last assessment Loftus Rd was valued at 20million, when Briatore sold up last year our debts were over double that amount. Now they'd be even higher. If someone was looking to fleece a football club then QPR is not the one you'd go for because you'd get nothing.

In terms of safeguarding the club then it's irrelevant whether we are in debt to the tune of 20 million or 200million because we could never pay it off. And if it was ever called in we'd go bust immediately. Quite simply there's nowt we can do about it, so it's not worth worrying about.

*financially of course, it's priceless to us.
Club's deep pockets on 15:11 - Jul 20 with 4660 viewshoopstilidie

Nothing to do with who CAN pay them, everything to do with who WILL pay them.

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

Club's deep pockets on 20:15 - Jul 20 with 4432 viewsWokingR

How will we feel in 2 years time when the only way around the financial fair play rules is for the stadium to be renamed the Asia Air Stadium in return for a huge sponsorship income ?
Myself, I would have no problem, as the club still sits on Loftus Road, we are hoping to move soon anyway and would be a way of generating 'legitimate' income
Club's deep pockets on 20:43 - Jul 20 with 4369 viewsjonno

Club's deep pockets on 15:09 - Jul 20 by nadera78

QPR is worth nothing*. Ever since we took the ABC loan we've been on the edge, and it's only grown worse since then. At the last assessment Loftus Rd was valued at 20million, when Briatore sold up last year our debts were over double that amount. Now they'd be even higher. If someone was looking to fleece a football club then QPR is not the one you'd go for because you'd get nothing.

In terms of safeguarding the club then it's irrelevant whether we are in debt to the tune of 20 million or 200million because we could never pay it off. And if it was ever called in we'd go bust immediately. Quite simply there's nowt we can do about it, so it's not worth worrying about.

Out of interest, how much debt are Manchester United in? Stop worrying.
Login to get fewer ads

Club's deep pockets on 20:50 - Jul 20 with 4346 viewsWeAreQPR12

I'd imagine last season the club run at a profit and I doubt many other sides could say that. We stayed up with plenty of championship players. We have some serious investment, it's like buying a house, u start off with a big debt ie your mortgage and u end up with a saleable asset that has risen due to inflation. If we get this 45k roofed stadium then the potential is massive and we are in london massive plus.
Club's deep pockets on 20:55 - Jul 20 with 4337 viewsNorthernr

You think QPR ran at a profit last season? I bet we lost £30m minimum.
Club's deep pockets on 21:00 - Jul 20 with 4310 viewsWeAreQPR12

Club's deep pockets on 20:55 - Jul 20 by Northernr

You think QPR ran at a profit last season? I bet we lost £30m minimum.

Sky money 45m, sponsorships etc might get that up to 55m. I can't see where u think we spent 85m from? We had a massive squad of about 30 players on the book but only a handful being on big money.
Club's deep pockets on 21:01 - Jul 20 with 4311 viewsNorthernr

Club's deep pockets on 21:00 - Jul 20 by WeAreQPR12

Sky money 45m, sponsorships etc might get that up to 55m. I can't see where u think we spent 85m from? We had a massive squad of about 30 players on the book but only a handful being on big money.

We'll wait and see in the accounts. If QPR made a profit last season I'm an astronaut.
Club's deep pockets on 21:14 - Jul 20 with 4283 viewsEastR

Club's deep pockets on 21:01 - Jul 20 by Northernr

We'll wait and see in the accounts. If QPR made a profit last season I'm an astronaut.

You can rest easy Clive, you're not going to be walking on the moon any time soon

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Club's deep pockets on 21:24 - Jul 20 with 4257 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

Buying out the old owners, paying existing debts (??), stadium upgrades, new players, new staff, r&d on all levels vs new sponsorship and prem monies...the new income will help but I'll be flabbergasted - literally - if we made profit.
Club's deep pockets on 22:36 - Jul 20 with 4176 viewsTGRRRSSS

Don't think we've made profit in years but time will tell how many clubs make any real profit? Arsenal, Man UNited (despite interest payments) and er thats about it???... It's a worry in a way but it's so off the richter scale now they're little point worrying.
Club's deep pockets on 22:57 - Jul 20 with 4149 viewsdazhoopa

who said anything about profit.
Club's deep pockets on 23:48 - Jul 20 with 4069 viewsNorthernr

Club's deep pockets on 22:57 - Jul 20 by dazhoopa

who said anything about profit.

Read back the thread.
Club's deep pockets on 01:36 - Jul 21 with 4023 viewsDylanP

Club's deep pockets on 15:09 - Jul 20 by nadera78

We have no debts. Amit specifically said that last season. All of the debt was liquidated.

Lets say we have 10 players on 4 million pounds a year (I don't think we have that many, yet). That would be 40 million pounds. The TV revenue is 60 million pounds. Does it need to be more complicated than that?

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Club's deep pockets on 02:16 - Jul 21 with 3999 viewsBklynRanger

It doesn't have to be, but I'll warrant it is.

To answer the OP though, it seems clear that TF etc have a plan that's larger than we'd ever have expected 2 years ago. Staying up was vital to the kind of global marketing stuff they want to do. It will change our club, and we'll have to deal with that, but you can already see from the tour footage the potential that is there - and it's not even potential in Malaysia anymore, it's real.

'What are those two men in that studio talking about? And why is our big stupid badge in the background?' I ask myself...

'Who is that round faced bird from Air Asia? She seems friendly', I think...

'Why is Mark Hughes' picture on that plane?'

It's all very fast and all very bonkers. But it will generate money and it is happening. The huge sums that we find scarey are the investments that rich men are making to make our club far bigger than we'd have thought possible. Long term I can't really say about the finances, I don't think anyone can, but in the next 5 years I think the key issue for us lot to handle is the changes in the club and the fear of becoming what we always could say we weren't - rich and spoilt.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Club's deep pockets on 06:57 - Jul 21 with 3947 viewsKrakow

I guess profitability of the club is irrelevant if TF is looking at other measures, at the moment we are the equivalent of Tesco having a loss leader to benefit the whole picture.

This is TF's money - he is spending his own money, but then you need to look at future income of the club i.e. new domestic and international TV rights. Then look at current losses; are these offset against profits he is making in other areas (i.e. is the loss at QPR being offset against tax - i.e. is the expenditure actually zero). Then you need to look at the NPS (net promoter score); effectively a brand measurement of a company and it's recognition; how much has this gone up? How much has this effected Air Asia profitability? Does TF link the two? I am pretty sure he does.

You then need to look at the profile of TF; it's gone up massively globally because of both QPR and Caterham; how does this effect his ability to get more investment in his airline? How does this effect his ability to secure prime slots at major airports, etc, etc?

Ultimately it's easy to look inward at just QPR, but TF is a businessman and he can see what he is doing at QPR is effecting everything in his other business and at a cheaper cost (has anyone ever seen global advertising budgets for airlines for example; the QPR investment is very small in comparison and probably more effective!)
Club's deep pockets on 10:21 - Jul 21 with 3840 viewsnadera78

Club's deep pockets on 20:43 - Jul 20 by jonno

Out of interest, how much debt are Manchester United in? Stop worrying.

I'm not worrying, that was the point of my post.

When the debts were 10 million and we owned a ground worth 20 million then you could worry about losing the ground, etc.Whatever our debts are now, however, they are so far out of kilter for anything we could ever pay off (seeing as we have no real assets) that it's just not worth worrying about.
Club's deep pockets on 10:32 - Jul 21 with 3820 viewsDylanP

Club's deep pockets on 10:21 - Jul 21 by nadera78

I'm not worrying, that was the point of my post.

When the debts were 10 million and we owned a ground worth 20 million then you could worry about losing the ground, etc.Whatever our debts are now, however, they are so far out of kilter for anything we could ever pay off (seeing as we have no real assets) that it's just not worth worrying about.

But Amit tells us we have no debt. Do you think he is lying?

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Club's deep pockets on 10:39 - Jul 21 with 3808 viewsjonno

Club's deep pockets on 22:36 - Jul 20 by TGRRRSSS

Don't think we've made profit in years but time will tell how many clubs make any real profit? Arsenal, Man UNited (despite interest payments) and er thats about it???... It's a worry in a way but it's so off the richter scale now they're little point worrying.

Manchester United are in debt to the tune of almost a billion pounds. Not exactly "making a profit".
Club's deep pockets on 10:41 - Jul 21 with 3804 viewsWanderR

Previous debts were all paid off when TF and co bought us last year.

As for financial fair play rules, that's what the new stadium will be for, this push in Asia, things like this: http://www.qpr.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10373~2855503,00.html

Our new owners are proper businessmen and they will be seeking a good long term return on their current investment. This isn't a smash and grab job like with Tango and Cash and neither have they piled on debt like the Glazers have done with Man Utd.

Current location: OX10

Club's deep pockets on 10:41 - Jul 21 with 3803 viewsJamie

£25m region loss IMO.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024