Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Olympic commentators 09:16 - Aug 5 with 3457 viewsTheBlob

Good or bad in your estimation?Nostalgic for David Coleman or welcome the change?
Tell ya whut,Jonathon Pearce must have been fed something.I remember his radio,mike-shattering days,now it's like a funeral address.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Olympic commentators on 09:18 - Aug 5 with 2594 viewsLewes_r

Sat behind jonathan pierce at a Lewes match not long ago.. The bloke broke out into a sweat drinking his beer... Also had a sweat patch below his left moob...not a good sign tbh

Poll: Who do we want down with us and Burnley?

Olympic commentators on 09:19 - Aug 5 with 2585 viewsTGRRRSSS

Mixed bag, Barrie Davies on the hockey still has a bit of old school class.
Alot of others bit too jingoistic and over excitable, which now and then is fine in exceptional cases however alot of it's even in the heats and things.
Olympic commentators on 09:22 - Aug 5 with 2578 viewsBlackCrowe

Pundits have been brilliant, particularly Ian Thorpe, Steve Redgrave and Chris Boardman.

In fact the only truly shocking commentary has been at the opening ceremony, not least Trevor Nelson.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Olympic commentators on 09:27 - Aug 5 with 2568 viewsMonahoop

Olympic commentators on 09:22 - Aug 5 by BlackCrowe

Pundits have been brilliant, particularly Ian Thorpe, Steve Redgrave and Chris Boardman.

In fact the only truly shocking commentary has been at the opening ceremony, not least Trevor Nelson.

Agree, most of the pundits have been excellent and put many of the football ones to shame when it comes to explaining their sport.

Most of the commentators are just plain potty, but their excitement adds to the fun of the games.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Olympic commentators on 09:29 - Aug 5 with 2562 viewsLewes_r

The beach volleyball commentator is utterly bonkers.. Taking about the ball getting buried in the sand and hatching out into mini turtle balls.. Nutter

Olympic commentators on 09:33 - Aug 5 with 2554 viewsJamie

Dan Topolski on the rowing is great value. Worlds poshest man - "now come on gentleman, stroke, drive, oh yes, great work gentleman. Marvellous"

Adrian Moorhouse on the swimming & Boardman at the cycling know their stuff.

It's the presenters that are the problem.

Lineker is completely lost without his autocue as is Inverdale.

Take away his constant "look" and Thorpey is top class. Him arguing with Lineker is a highlight.
Olympic commentators on 09:37 - Aug 5 with 2542 viewsLewes_r

Dont forget the ridiculously hot michelle hussain

Olympic commentators on 09:46 - Aug 5 with 2528 viewsOakwoodR

Olympic commentators on 09:19 - Aug 5 by TGRRRSSS

Mixed bag, Barrie Davies on the hockey still has a bit of old school class.
Alot of others bit too jingoistic and over excitable, which now and then is fine in exceptional cases however alot of it's even in the heats and things.

If only they could tempt Barry Davies out of retirement for MOTD
Login to get fewer ads

Olympic commentators on 10:01 - Aug 5 with 2503 viewsBerkoRanger

Laughed out load when Clare Balding said she loved how smooth the wood panelling was in the Velodrome that she just wanted to stroke it!

I think the whole BBC presentation has been wonderful. To cover every sport in every session (via the Red button) is an extraordinary feat of organisation and production ability.

Top coverage for me has been the kiyak and canooing at the Lea Valley centre - superb camera work and slow - mos and great commentary. Absolute top top draw television.
Olympic commentators on 10:29 - Aug 5 with 2476 viewsTacticalR

Agree with OP that there was something weird about Jonathan Pearce's commentary. I wonder if he'd been told to tone it down for the BBC?

Talking of weird, here's football pundit Sue Smith having a bad hair day:

Air hostess clique

Olympic commentators on 10:33 - Aug 5 with 2463 viewsBluce_Ree

Been listening on the radio and then turning on the telly for anything I'm interested in. Radio commentary has been excellent although they go to pieces when they interview anyone good.

TV has been alright although cadaverous Gary Lineker's ghostly presence is ruining it for me.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Olympic commentators on 11:36 - Aug 5 with 2438 viewswindsorian

john inverdale has got to be the worst,just dont get him at all,actually i think i have yet seen or heard a worst presenter.claire balding is excellent imo,jake humphreys can do one as well.boardman,redgrave,moorhouse and the rowing guy are excellent,experts who talk so much sense.
has to be said tho i was a bit of a cynic before it all started but the whole thing so far has been fantastic. have loved it and cant wait for the next week
Olympic commentators on 11:42 - Aug 5 with 2420 viewsHarrowRoadR

Olympic commentators on 09:46 - Aug 5 by OakwoodR

If only they could tempt Barry Davies out of retirement for MOTD

I agree my all time favourite, hated Coleman almost as much as Brendan Foster!
Olympic commentators on 11:44 - Aug 5 with 2413 viewsessextaxiboy

Cant normally stand 5 Live but a classic line when Ennis came round the last bend yesterday "The stadium roars ..The nation roars" ... Brilliant .
Olympic commentators on 11:45 - Aug 5 with 2410 viewsjonno

Olympic commentators on 10:01 - Aug 5 by BerkoRanger

Laughed out load when Clare Balding said she loved how smooth the wood panelling was in the Velodrome that she just wanted to stroke it!

I think the whole BBC presentation has been wonderful. To cover every sport in every session (via the Red button) is an extraordinary feat of organisation and production ability.

Top coverage for me has been the kiyak and canooing at the Lea Valley centre - superb camera work and slow - mos and great commentary. Absolute top top draw television.

I liked the slow mo of the "clays" in the shooting exploding. Brilliant.
Olympic commentators on 12:01 - Aug 5 with 2394 viewsHollowayRanger

its been very good just one i can not stand sounds like a poxy little over excited boy matt baker

thorpe has been outstanding and i always like listening to micheal johnson

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Olympic commentators on 12:06 - Aug 5 with 2384 viewsClive_Anderson

It's got to be better than the Portuguese commentary. They sound like they are all on mogadon and managed to suck the life out of the various track golds last night.

Mind you it probably doesn't help that they haven't won a single medal here yet.
Olympic commentators on 12:12 - Aug 5 with 2371 viewsTheBlob

Olympic commentators on 12:06 - Aug 5 by Clive_Anderson

It's got to be better than the Portuguese commentary. They sound like they are all on mogadon and managed to suck the life out of the various track golds last night.

Mind you it probably doesn't help that they haven't won a single medal here yet.

MMmmmmmmmmmm......Mogadon......

Olympic commentators on 12:12 - Aug 5 with 2370 viewsQPR1882

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19134764
Olympic commentators on 12:17 - Aug 5 with 2360 viewsMonahoop

Olympic commentators on 10:33 - Aug 5 by Bluce_Ree

Been listening on the radio and then turning on the telly for anything I'm interested in. Radio commentary has been excellent although they go to pieces when they interview anyone good.

TV has been alright although cadaverous Gary Lineker's ghostly presence is ruining it for me.

Yes. Lineker has become a real pain in the gonads, what with his lame attempts at humour and his childish stabs at the Germans. Has a personality score of nil. How many more bloody years do we have to endure his inane blandness?

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Olympic commentators on 12:18 - Aug 5 with 2354 viewsTheBlob

Olympic commentators on 12:12 - Aug 5 by QPR1882

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19134764

Not really surprised.That was the most goddamn exciting 10k race ever.

Olympic commentators on 13:50 - Aug 5 with 2304 viewsSonofNorfolt

Hugh Porter in the cycling aided by Chris Boardman have been excellent.

Moorhouse and Jamieson in the pool good too.

Barry Davies, who is 75 this year, is still worth a listen. Head and shoulders above self important vvankers like Motson.

Surprised they haven't got someone like the squirmingly embarrassing Stacey Dooley to 'keep it real'.

Last night though all you really needed was someone like me, half cut, screaming 'Fukkin' 'ell' every 30seconds.
A fantastic days sport, so much so, that if you watched the football instead of the athletics you should be officially labelled Philistine.
Olympic commentators on 14:10 - Aug 5 with 2284 viewswestolian

Olympic commentators on 13:50 - Aug 5 by SonofNorfolt

Hugh Porter in the cycling aided by Chris Boardman have been excellent.

Moorhouse and Jamieson in the pool good too.

Barry Davies, who is 75 this year, is still worth a listen. Head and shoulders above self important vvankers like Motson.

Surprised they haven't got someone like the squirmingly embarrassing Stacey Dooley to 'keep it real'.

Last night though all you really needed was someone like me, half cut, screaming 'Fukkin' 'ell' every 30seconds.
A fantastic days sport, so much so, that if you watched the football instead of the athletics you should be officially labelled Philistine.

Amen to that brother

I've found a team sheet for the weekend - anyone interested ?

Olympic commentators on 15:11 - Aug 5 with 2257 viewsSydneyRs

Christ you lot don't realise how good you have it. Australian coverage is DIRE with absolute nomarks commentating. I've been watching BBC online (no TV licence, don't tell anyone...) and its like a breath of fresh air. People who actually know the sport they are covering etc. Be thankful.
Olympic commentators on 15:28 - Aug 5 with 2242 viewsPommyhoop

Great stuff..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024