Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Proud 02:38 - Sep 2 with 1212 viewsGoldenEPump

Wow! Our players were fantastic. All of them.
Proud on 07:33 - Sep 2 with 1136 viewsDylanP

Really?

I thought there were periods when our boys played terrible (particularly early on) and periods when they looked quite good.

Early in the game they couldn't hold onto the ball or string three passes together which was quite frustrating. Later on, they started to click and there was some very nice passing play and interchange. However, beyond the goal itself there was very little pressure on goal. That will improve with time as the players get to know each other better and the team gels.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Proud on 11:22 - Sep 2 with 969 viewsNov77

Exactly, a lot of people getting carried away, the first half hour we were abysmal.
All we did second half was put a few passing moves together in midfield without having the end product. Nelsons two chances came from set pieces.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Proud on 12:09 - Sep 2 with 900 viewsDesertBoot

We looked terrified the first half an hour, not helped by being set-up to invite City to attack and eventually score.
When the shackles came off we played good football and got our reward.
Defensively we aren't quick enough to close down wide players and really can't see a place for Ferdinand now.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Proud on 12:15 - Sep 2 with 884 viewsexiled_dictator

Proud on 12:09 - Sep 2 by DesertBoot

We looked terrified the first half an hour, not helped by being set-up to invite City to attack and eventually score.
When the shackles came off we played good football and got our reward.
Defensively we aren't quick enough to close down wide players and really can't see a place for Ferdinand now.

Is it my imagination, but not only did City look fitter & faster being first to the ball and always doubling up on our players, but they just seemed taller than our lot.
I think fitness levels need to improve and will, as well as playing a regular team together for several continued games will mean that they get to know each other better & will play for each other.
Early days indeed, but we are definitely improving, we can & will get better & results will come.
I haven't heard one commentator say that we will struggle against relegation this season, so for me that is a positive sign.

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

Proud on 12:15 - Sep 2 with 884 viewsCHUBBS

I thought we were embarrassing for the 1st half hour but we improved as the game went on.Our second half performance was far better and we had a 20 min spell where i did feel proud of the team.
Granero looks a great signing and there were plenty of positives to take out of our 2nd half performance.
Proud on 12:29 - Sep 2 with 848 viewsNov77

Stats for tackles won show city - 84%, us - 22%. Therein lies the problem. Without diakite and even Barton we have no ball winners in front of the back four, hence why we concede so much posession to the opposition.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Proud on 12:36 - Sep 2 with 831 viewsade_qpr

Proud on 12:29 - Sep 2 by Nov77

Stats for tackles won show city - 84%, us - 22%. Therein lies the problem. Without diakite and even Barton we have no ball winners in front of the back four, hence why we concede so much posession to the opposition.

Not a great stat.
They did seem to walk into dangerous areas and especially early could of done us for 3 or 4 goals. Be interested to see M'bia and how he goes. Some one who has seen him play will he make a difference?

If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

Proud on 12:57 - Sep 2 with 795 viewsAntti_Heinola

not a great start, no.

But I wonder how the players felt having lost 5-0 on the opening day and then a lucky draw at Norwich and then playing against the best side in the division, at their place, where they never lose?

'We were set up to do this, do that' - sometimes the 'set up' will go out the window when a home team makes a strong start and the away team is struggling for confidence. Games are about much more than tactics.

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

Proud on 16:35 - Sep 2 with 663 viewsNeil_SI

The was an air of inevitably about us in the early part of the match. We looked a little submissive and lacking in belief and because we were so focused on defence, it made it really hard to get going with our passing game whenever we did come across the ball. It was much like how it went there last season.

But credit to the players, because they came out in the second period a little more adventurous and got their rewards with a goal. It wasn't until the 57th minute that we actually got near their box with a really nice passing move and they built from there and managed to hold the ball for good periods of the second in advanced positions up the pitch.

Perhaps the slow tempo of the match didn't help either side, maybe more than us, but also made us a little lethargic early on. Had City played with a bit more pace and quickness, they probably would have won by more. But we did well to deal with the style they went with in the end.

It was a small step in the right direction and with plenty to work on. We learned we can hold our defensive shape better, that we still need to do work both defensively and in attack on set pieces where we're a little soft, and that when we truly open up and try to play we're a bit susceptible on the counter or lacking in focus. After we equalised, City just raised the tempo and scored and we needed to be a little bit tighter than that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024