Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Foolham tickets 09:42 - Sep 3 with 2149 viewsrrrspricey

Got to admire their market strategy.....just had a text from Orange offering BOGOF for their game against WBA
Foolham tickets on 09:47 - Sep 3 with 2137 viewssmegma

At least their marketing dept has a strategy. We had 12k empty seats last week vs Walsall.
Foolham tickets on 11:28 - Sep 3 with 2009 viewsRs_Holy

A few mates went to a mid-week game last season versus West Brom.
All supported other teams than fulham but the main reason for going...... tickets were £5 (in the neutral end).
Hopefully Rangers will do the same when we get the 45K stadium :)
Foolham tickets on 12:04 - Sep 3 with 1963 viewswaveydave

Foolham tickets on 09:47 - Sep 3 by smegma

At least their marketing dept has a strategy. We had 12k empty seats last week vs Walsall.

I don't think that was the marketing teams fault. It was our first game in the League cup against a League 1 side in midweek and we had lost against Rochdale the year before in a terrible game of football
Foolham tickets on 12:23 - Sep 3 with 1938 viewssmegma

Foolham tickets on 12:04 - Sep 3 by waveydave

I don't think that was the marketing teams fault. It was our first game in the League cup against a League 1 side in midweek and we had lost against Rochdale the year before in a terrible game of football

They could've marketed it say IF you bought a Walsall ticket you could also buy a Chelsea ticket. But they didn't.Like I said , no marketing strategy.

Now wheres that ' I can't get a chelsea ticket' thread as they are bound to pop up this week.
Foolham tickets on 12:25 - Sep 3 with 1931 viewsVish

Foolham tickets on 12:23 - Sep 3 by smegma

They could've marketed it say IF you bought a Walsall ticket you could also buy a Chelsea ticket. But they didn't.Like I said , no marketing strategy.

Now wheres that ' I can't get a chelsea ticket' thread as they are bound to pop up this week.

I assume we would need to have agreed with Walsall, however surely this was a prime opportunity for kids for a quid promo or something as it was summer hols.
Foolham tickets on 12:28 - Sep 3 with 1927 viewssmegma

http://www.indyrs.co.uk/messageboard/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=14641

Check the second post on the thread for proof our box office don't know what they're doing.
Foolham tickets on 13:09 - Sep 3 with 1853 viewsJHoop

Foolham tickets on 12:23 - Sep 3 by smegma

Disagree with this. Chelsea tickets are in high demand anyway and will sell. Allowing people to buy a Chelsea ticket with a cup ticket would mean that ST holders and members would probably struggle to get extra/any for Chelsea, thus devaluing the point of the membership scheme.
Why not just sell the tickets for £10 for the second round of the league cup?
I remember a few years back this round was included in the price of a season ticket!
Foolham tickets on 13:22 - Sep 3 with 1814 viewssmegma

Foolham tickets on 13:09 - Sep 3 by JHoop

Disagree with this. Chelsea tickets are in high demand anyway and will sell. Allowing people to buy a Chelsea ticket with a cup ticket would mean that ST holders and members would probably struggle to get extra/any for Chelsea, thus devaluing the point of the membership scheme.
Why not just sell the tickets for £10 for the second round of the league cup?
I remember a few years back this round was included in the price of a season ticket!

I never said Chelsea wouldn't sell but they missed a trick in only selling 6k for Walsall. They could've put some incentive there to buy the Walsall tickets. As for ST holders getting 'extra' for Chelsea , why should we get extra ? Agree with the members, but members who bought tickets for Walsall should get priority on any spare tickets, not those who just want to attend the BIG games.

Login to get fewer ads

Foolham tickets on 13:34 - Sep 3 with 1792 viewsW10hoop

Foolham tickets on 13:22 - Sep 3 by smegma

I never said Chelsea wouldn't sell but they missed a trick in only selling 6k for Walsall. They could've put some incentive there to buy the Walsall tickets. As for ST holders getting 'extra' for Chelsea , why should we get extra ? Agree with the members, but members who bought tickets for Walsall should get priority on any spare tickets, not those who just want to attend the BIG games.

Many members I know are very loyal and have been all over the country during the years, but cannot afford a season ticket now. Wallsall was a nothing game for £15 that should have been priced much better. Alot of members deserve to see us playing the 'big'teams, they shouldnt have to go to an overpriced wallsall game to be rewarded, they have justified this over the years bty supporting the team at some god forsaken places we have played at.
Foolham tickets on 13:35 - Sep 3 with 1788 viewsJHoop

Foolham tickets on 13:22 - Sep 3 by smegma

Isn't that the whole point of the loyalty points scheme? It would not be fair to just say to members 'if you went to Walsall you can buy a Chelsea ticket'. The first members to get their hands on the tickets should be those, for example, who attended Swasea, Norwich & Walsall.

I agree that a trick has been missed and I'm sure the £15 (+£3.50) booking fee did not help! West Ham only charged £10!
Foolham tickets on 13:48 - Sep 3 with 1768 viewssmegma

Foolham tickets on 13:34 - Sep 3 by W10hoop

Many members I know are very loyal and have been all over the country during the years, but cannot afford a season ticket now. Wallsall was a nothing game for £15 that should have been priced much better. Alot of members deserve to see us playing the 'big'teams, they shouldnt have to go to an overpriced wallsall game to be rewarded, they have justified this over the years bty supporting the team at some god forsaken places we have played at.

So like I said, fans can't be bothered about Walsall at home then will scream blue murder if they don't get a Chelsea/Spurs/Arse/Utd/Citeh ticket.
Foolham tickets on 14:07 - Sep 3 with 1726 viewsLofthope

£15 and 8 loyalty points was good enough to make me buy. Enjoyed it too.

I think that nobody really expected us to put out a decent team, as in past years, so whatever the 'missed trick' it was going to be a hard sell. The punters were always going to be cynical.

I don't think that the box office missed a trick here, they have to agree prices with Walsall, we can sell out home league games anyway, they cannot undermine the loyalty scheme...I think they got it reasonably OK considering what they had to work with.

Foolham tickets on 14:08 - Sep 3 with 1725 viewsW10hoop

Foolham tickets on 13:48 - Sep 3 by smegma

So like I said, fans can't be bothered about Walsall at home then will scream blue murder if they don't get a Chelsea/Spurs/Arse/Utd/Citeh ticket.

The people im talking about have gone away to chesterfield, grimsby and other fixture while in league one, some of them going in the 70's/80's etc to all sorts of places. Why does paying £15 to get into the walsall game automatically make you any more of a a loyal fan that deserves a chelsea ticket.
You have a membership you have your chance to buy your tickets in the time frame.
Foolham tickets on 14:16 - Sep 3 with 1714 viewsJHoop

Foolham tickets on 14:08 - Sep 3 by W10hoop

The people im talking about have gone away to chesterfield, grimsby and other fixture while in league one, some of them going in the 70's/80's etc to all sorts of places. Why does paying £15 to get into the walsall game automatically make you any more of a a loyal fan that deserves a chelsea ticket.
You have a membership you have your chance to buy your tickets in the time frame.

Brings me back to a point I have made many times; average out the loyalty points over the past three years.

Foolham tickets on 14:23 - Sep 3 with 1706 viewsAunt_Nelly

Foolham tickets on 13:48 - Sep 3 by smegma

That's not really true is it Smeg.
Since the club stopped the ridiculous system of giving ST holders the chance of buying extra tickets before members demand has by and lagre been met and there has been little moaning.

Oh and bollocks to Walsall.

Foolham tickets on 14:58 - Sep 3 with 1670 viewsgobbles

Foolham tickets on 12:04 - Sep 3 by waveydave

Last week was a disgrace.
Closed Ellerslie Road and Loft Upper, meaning everyone packed into other stands for benefit of TV pictures.
Box office was closed the day before the game and tickets were not on sale at the prior home match, so huge queues for tickets.
Lower Loft, 2 of the 3 refreshment places were closed, plus the bar, so there was a 25 minute queue for a food and drink.
It was out only home game in the 4 weeks after our opening match, surely if it had been easier to get tickets and half the season ticket holders were not kicked out of their seats, they would have easily sold another 3,000 tickets.
Foolham tickets on 15:02 - Sep 3 with 1663 viewsJonDoeman

Foolham tickets on 14:58 - Sep 3 by gobbles

Last week was a disgrace.
Closed Ellerslie Road and Loft Upper, meaning everyone packed into other stands for benefit of TV pictures.
Box office was closed the day before the game and tickets were not on sale at the prior home match, so huge queues for tickets.
Lower Loft, 2 of the 3 refreshment places were closed, plus the bar, so there was a 25 minute queue for a food and drink.
It was out only home game in the 4 weeks after our opening match, surely if it had been easier to get tickets and half the season ticket holders were not kicked out of their seats, they would have easily sold another 3,000 tickets.

It was overpriced, £10 & £1 for kids, would have added thousands on the gate.

It Is What It Is !!

Foolham tickets on 15:07 - Sep 3 with 1651 viewsW10hoop

Foolham tickets on 14:16 - Sep 3 by JHoop

Brings me back to a point I have made many times; average out the loyalty points over the past three years.

yes. I think they should overlap season by season. That would reward the people who travel more. It would put some people in front of me but I have no problem if they have paid out in time and money.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024