Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
latest open all R's with Kevin Gallen 13:52 - Oct 10 with 3719 viewsfinney

http://playbackmedia.co.uk/open-all-rs-archive/ shame the club can just treat him or any ex player the way they did
latest open all R's with Kevin Gallen on 16:41 - Oct 10 with 3654 viewsA40Bosh

I think having KG on there every week would be great. Once he got livened up and into it he kept you well under control.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

latest open all R's with Kevin Gallen on 16:47 - Oct 10 with 3642 viewsWokingR

Is it just a coincidence that Clive hasn't been invited back since he admitted having his massive hard on for the team at the moment ?
latest open all R's with Kevin Gallen on 17:04 - Oct 10 with 3621 viewsCornish_oooRRRR

Hilarious, what a top bloke (emailgate was more poor form by qpr)

Took my mind off the qpr conundrum

It's got to be Yarg

latest open all R's with Kevin Gallen on 17:13 - Oct 10 with 3607 viewsTacticalR

At last we get the facts about Kevin Gallen's role at QPR.

I don't know which is worse, the way he was treated (dismissed by email), or the fact that some blinkered club loyalists tried to deny what happened to him. Some even denied that he was an employee of the club!

What's bizarre is that there is a lot of discussion about whether various players are committed to the club, and here we have someone whose enthusiasm you just can't bottle or buy, and they get rid of him. Just how many former England Under-18 European Champions do we have that we can ignore Gallen?
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2009/jun/29/forgotten-story-england-unde

Gallen also gives a very balanced pro's perspective about what it's like to be in a team on a bad run.

Also, when asked by the panel 'Going back to Ferguson, is it true he was ever interested in you?' he replies 'Well, not in a Jimmy Saville way'. Great stuff!

Air hostess clique

latest open all R's with Kevin Gallen on 17:36 - Oct 10 with 3575 viewsdaveB

was a great podcast, a real insight into how poorly the youth side has been invested in and very sad to see him treated like that in the end. I hope he gets back into football soon.
latest open all R's with Kevin Gallen on 19:11 - Oct 10 with 3537 viewssmegma

latest open all R's with Kevin Gallen on 17:13 - Oct 10 by TacticalR

At last we get the facts about Kevin Gallen's role at QPR.

I don't know which is worse, the way he was treated (dismissed by email), or the fact that some blinkered club loyalists tried to deny what happened to him. Some even denied that he was an employee of the club!

What's bizarre is that there is a lot of discussion about whether various players are committed to the club, and here we have someone whose enthusiasm you just can't bottle or buy, and they get rid of him. Just how many former England Under-18 European Champions do we have that we can ignore Gallen?
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2009/jun/29/forgotten-story-england-unde

Gallen also gives a very balanced pro's perspective about what it's like to be in a team on a bad run.

Also, when asked by the panel 'Going back to Ferguson, is it true he was ever interested in you?' he replies 'Well, not in a Jimmy Saville way'. Great stuff!

I went to the U18 final at Forest and spoke to Kevin before the kick off. He looked cream crackered and told me was on a 10 day holiday the following morning then it was back for preseason training !!!

Because there were not many Turks to batter Forest and Leicester decided to batter each other instead.
latest open all R's with Kevin Gallen on 19:25 - Oct 10 with 3518 viewsparker64

Not surprisingly sounded a bit down here and there. How many ex players are involved at Rangers - Furlong, Bircham, Channing? Must be tough if all you've known is football. Doesn't like Eric Sabin. For some reason a moment that always stuck in my memory was a home game, down by The Loft and Sabin misplaced a pass. Gallen and Bircham run back together and it's quite obvious who they're talking about and what they were saying.
latest open all R's with Kevin Gallen on 19:28 - Oct 10 with 3512 viewssmegma

latest open all R's with Kevin Gallen on 19:25 - Oct 10 by parker64

Not surprisingly sounded a bit down here and there. How many ex players are involved at Rangers - Furlong, Bircham, Channing? Must be tough if all you've known is football. Doesn't like Eric Sabin. For some reason a moment that always stuck in my memory was a home game, down by The Loft and Sabin misplaced a pass. Gallen and Bircham run back together and it's quite obvious who they're talking about and what they were saying.

I saw Eric Sabin score a one yard screamer at Grimsby !!!!

Login to get fewer ads

latest open all R's with Kevin Gallen on 20:04 - Oct 10 with 3491 viewsLblock

Oooooooh he's Mr.QPR that Kev

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

latest open all R's with Kevin Gallen on 20:24 - Oct 10 with 3470 viewsderbyhoop

latest open all R's with Kevin Gallen on 19:28 - Oct 10 by smegma

I saw Eric Sabin score a one yard screamer at Grimsby !!!!

If he'd been that far out, he#d have missed.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

latest open all R's with Kevin Gallen on 07:18 - Oct 11 with 3390 viewsfinney

latest open all R's with Kevin Gallen on 20:24 - Oct 10 by derbyhoop

If he'd been that far out, he#d have missed.

thanks bosh and clive is always welcome
latest open all R's with Kevin Gallen on 12:06 - Oct 11 with 3318 viewsTacticalR

latest open all R's with Kevin Gallen on 20:04 - Oct 10 by Lblock

Oooooooh he's Mr.QPR that Kev

Glad you agree with that.

Air hostess clique

latest open all R's with Kevin Gallen on 12:20 - Oct 11 with 3301 viewsBrianMcCarthy

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

latest open all R's with Kevin Gallen on 14:20 - Oct 11 with 3245 viewssmegma

Interesting to hear the bit about Brian Kerr and why he never played for his parents country. Also he dispels the urban myth of them being the 'best fans in the world'.
latest open all R's with Kevin Gallen on 14:36 - Oct 11 with 3231 viewsBrianMcCarthy

latest open all R's with Kevin Gallen on 14:20 - Oct 11 by smegma

Interesting to hear the bit about Brian Kerr and why he never played for his parents country. Also he dispels the urban myth of them being the 'best fans in the world'.

I was at that game and I don't think the Irish fans did too much wrong, certainly nothing worse than our fans behave against Chelsea. In fact, not even on the same scale. And this was before the peace process. Even then, the worst that happened to visiting teams was that the young muppets would boo any current or ex Rangers player. Idiots.

Remember Kev being very shocked, though. Don't think it really hit home before how that decision would be taken. I still can't figure out how Joe and Steve were asked by Ireland and Kev wasn't when he was clearly the best of the three. Surely even Ireland's abysmal set-up would've asked 'how's that brother of yours that's scored 7,000 goals?'

Irish fans deserve their reputation in my opinion. They behave impeccably everywhere they go. At home, the local knuckleheads can leave them down with booing etc but generally even the home crowd are decent. If there's better fans than them then fair play to them.

I remember Brian Kerr also said that he was looking at Rowlands. Wonder if he ever rang him? Later I heard him say that Rowly wasn't quite what he was looking for. Worse players appeared more times for Ireland.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

latest open all R's with Kevin Gallen on 19:08 - Oct 11 with 3171 viewsNeil_SI

Terrific podcast — really enjoyable, as most of them are.

I really like the blend of good humour and serious discussion at the same time.
latest open all R's with Kevin Gallen on 19:33 - Oct 11 with 3147 viewsLblock

Joe was the best player of the three - but for injury and all that.

Rowlands would've got a good few more Eire caps than he got - but for injury and all that

Kev would've been the international superstar he thinks he is if he'd signed for Fergie or we'd kept Sir Les - but for injury and all that

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

latest open all R's with Kevin Gallen on 13:27 - Oct 12 with 3005 viewsderbyhoop

KG came across as a top bloke. Might not be the sharpest but you could imagine a good night out.

That injury at Portsmouth in the 2nd game after we got relegated ruined any chance of being a top international player.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024