Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Reading fan Chat - QPR v Reading (04/11/2012) 14:29 - Oct 31 with 2308 viewsdaib0

A warm hello to all Rangers fans as always — for those who don’t know me, it’s a Royals fan 100% in peace here. And, as regulars might know, we on ‘Royals Rendezvous’ always do a very detailed match presentation, and our next match is here: http://royalsrendezvous.co.uk/topic/9748761/1

The fullest respect is shown to Queens Park Rangers with full information produced equally for both sets of fans — but in all honesty far, far more on your team. Apart from current form, there are also sections on your ground, your manager, your part of London, and rivals and famous fans. Feel free to add any comments on here, always great to hear your opinions. In particular, I’d like to sound you out on the following general points -

A] How is the squad developing now — for example, who is showing most confidence and which players feel most under pressure?
B] It’s been a most disappointing start for both of us if we’re honest; indeed I had QPR to finish in 5th/6th place on our forum’s league positions competition! — so what do you think is the chief reason it hasn’t clicked for you so far this season?
C] Realistically, all we in Reading were hoping for was a 17th place comfortable finish to guarantee premiership football again next season. From your experience last season, can you offer the Royals any advice to stop us biting our fingernails?!
D] How strong do you see the general level of the premier this season, and who’s going to finish right at the top?

If anyone would like to do a slightly longer piece, fantastic, just get in touch with me by PM or directly check out the ‘Rivals, but Friends’ section where you can see other examples...

Although I’m a Reading fan, I admit we’ve hardly set the premier alight since coming up! You’re probably favourites for this game as you’re at home, although the Royals are drawing half the games. As I always say to our own members: “no whinging if we lose, and careful not to gloat if we pull off a win”. With that in mind, here’s to a good game, all comments welcome!

daib0

Royals Rendezvous - a friendly Reading forum

Reading fan Chat - QPR v Reading (04/11/2012) on 14:50 - Oct 31 with 2263 viewsToast_R

a) The squad assembled looked good on paper but injuries have severely hampered us early on especially in defence.
Some simply don't look up for a challenge Park being on of them and Cisse looks well out of sorts.
However Hughes did bring in some true professionals in Granero who puts many to shame and Cesar in goal is looking 100% better then Rob Green could only dream about.

b) Injuries in defence has shot our confidence to pieces so we cant defend, we've also developed a way of playing where we cant score either so more often then not rely on a moment of individual brilliance rather then team work.
Top all that off with Mark Hughes not having a clue what to do next and every decision he makes or thing he says seems to blow up in his face and make him look a dick.

c) Bit like serving in Nam, accept that your down and prey for a miracle.

d) Not as strong as it has been in terms of ability but organisation and a well drilled team can go far. Sadly we lack the latter in abundance.
Reading fan Chat - QPR v Reading (04/11/2012) on 14:53 - Oct 31 with 2248 viewsloftboy

Can't you just use what we sent you before the cup game as absolutely nothing has changed

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Reading fan Chat - QPR v Reading (04/11/2012) on 14:59 - Oct 31 with 2228 viewsdaib0

Reading fan Chat - QPR v Reading (04/11/2012) on 14:53 - Oct 31 by loftboy

Can't you just use what we sent you before the cup game as absolutely nothing has changed

yeah, the basis hasn't changed maybe, but it's all much more intense now. People in Berkshire are now wondering how long Brian McDermott has before the new Russian president gets too nervous, though there are not any direct calls for him to go from any of the fans as far as I can see it. But Reading fans do now doubt that our summer adquisitions were good enough, at least some of them anyway. I'd imagined it'd be the same your end; at first just purely a sluggish start - don't want to remind you of very first league game - but now we're at a quarter of the season played, bigger decisions might have to be put on the table I suppose ...

Reading fan Chat - QPR v Reading (04/11/2012) on 15:39 - Oct 31 with 2163 viewsWokingR

I imagine your fanbase is going to be split pretty much in the same way as we all were with Warnock last year.
To some, results are everything and if survival is threatened then the manager has to go.
Others will think if the manager has got us into the premiership then he has earned the right to try and survive and if that ultimately means relegation then so be it.
Myself, I would have quite happily have followed Warnock back into the Championship. It was a lot more enjoyable than what we are currently going through every week
Reading fan Chat - QPR v Reading (04/11/2012) on 15:50 - Oct 31 with 2132 viewsderbyhoop

A] How is the squad developing now — for example, who is showing most confidence and which players feel most under pressure?
Granero looks class, Cesar started shakily but had a stormer at The Emirates. Hoilett is starting to look dangerous. Zamora always looks disinterested, Park is a shadow of the Man Utd player and SWP is the worst excuse for a Premiership footballer I can recall.
B] It’s been a most disappointing start for both of us if we’re honest; indeed I had QPR to finish in 5th/6th place on our forum’s league positions competition! — so what do you think is the chief reason it hasn’t clicked for you so far this season?
I still think we have enough quality to haul ourselves clear. Injuries, especially to defenders have disrupted us. Last Saturday was the first time we named an unchanged back 4. 12 new signings are not going to gel overnight, but it's starting to look better - without the points to show for it. We have played 7 of the top 10.
C] Realistically, all we in Reading were hoping for was a 17th place comfortable finish to guarantee premiership football again next season. From your experience last season, can you offer the Royals any advice to stop us biting our fingernails?!
Pray you can find 3 teams worse. Frankly, from what I saw last season, you were short of quality and haven't done enough to strengthen. We only managed to stay up by winning our last 5 home games, and still needed Bolton not to win at Stoke on the last day.
D] How strong do you see the general level of the premier this season, and who’s going to finish right at the top?
The top 5 will include Chelsea, Arsenal and the 2 Manchester clubs. Nothing's changed. Everton and WBA have started well and Spurs should be OK but it's still 12 teams competing to finish 17th or better. It grieves me to say Chelsea look the most likely winners.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Reading fan Chat - QPR v Reading (04/11/2012) on 18:00 - Oct 31 with 1990 viewsTacticalR

daib0, you are very modest about Reading's chances, given the fact that you have already come here and beaten us. Having said that, we would take rush goalies and a 7-5 victory.

Langley summed up the problems at QPR pretty well during the Open All R's podcast on Monday:
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/fb_mb.php?m=v&t=66604
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Air hostess clique

Reading fan Chat - QPR v Reading (04/11/2012) on 14:15 - Nov 1 with 1789 viewsdaib0

Reading fan Chat - QPR v Reading (04/11/2012) on 18:00 - Oct 31 by TacticalR

daib0, you are very modest about Reading's chances, given the fact that you have already come here and beaten us. Having said that, we would take rush goalies and a 7-5 victory.

Langley summed up the problems at QPR pretty well during the Open All R's podcast on Monday:
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/fb_mb.php?m=v&t=66604
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

the cup game counts for nothing, and anyway that could have gone any way as well! We start with a clean slate at kick-off. Confidence isc not especially high in my camp, perhaps that's the reason for modesty!!

Reading fan Chat - QPR v Reading (04/11/2012) on 22:35 - Nov 2 with 1650 viewsTacticalR

There's no need for modesty. Reading have 4 points, and that's something we can only dream of.

Air hostess clique

Login to get fewer ads

Reading fan Chat - QPR v Reading (04/11/2012) on 22:39 - Nov 2 with 1643 viewsQPR1882

So confusing on Sunday, singing.......

COME ON YOU R's and FCK OFF YOU R's one after the other.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024