Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Green 18:57 - Dec 1 with 1895 viewse4ranger

can' believe his getting stick for goal.I was right behind it in school end,to start with who was closing down he had forever and it would have been an exellent save if he had got to it.May be only having seen it once in real time i'm wrong.
Green on 18:58 - Dec 1 with 1884 viewsAntti_Heinola

if you get as strong-a hand to it as he did, it goes down as a mistake, sorry. Chocolate wrists. Nice height, from miles out, not in the corner. Should have saved it.

Bare bones.

Green on 19:06 - Dec 1 with 1844 viewsJonDoeman

Good hit but a decent keeper stops it IMO

http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/qpr-1-aston-villa-1/

It Is What It Is !!

Green on 19:11 - Dec 1 with 1833 viewsQPRDave

Think Green will be disappointed himself with that but the little he had to do after this he was ok, nice to see our keeper come and take a highball
Green on 19:56 - Dec 1 with 1741 viewsjonno

Keeper should have saved that. But he has a right to expect the players in front of him to close down the shot, instead of standing back and watching. But we've been like that all season, and just the same in midfield where we stand off and watch the opposition play the ball around us without putting in a challenge, and give them all the time in the world to play the ball though our defence. All reasons why we're bottom and going down.
Green on 19:57 - Dec 1 with 1731 viewsNeil_SI

I've not seen it again yet, but at the time I thought it was a terrific strike by Brett Holman. It's possible that Green saw it late because of the bodies that were in front of him and even if he could have done better, I've no complaints.
Green on 19:59 - Dec 1 with 1721 viewsYorkRanger

Green on 19:57 - Dec 1 by Neil_SI

I've not seen it again yet, but at the time I thought it was a terrific strike by Brett Holman. It's possible that Green saw it late because of the bodies that were in front of him and even if he could have done better, I've no complaints.

Neil - I'm not one for getting on Green's back (or any other player for that matter), but when you see the goal again you'll realise that Green will be diasppointed..
Green on 20:18 - Dec 1 with 1684 viewswestberksr

midfield and defendeers all deserve an equally large bollocking for that passage of play; gave the Villa players acres of space and time in a dangerous area; free to have a pop at goal at will.

Green was probably stood there in total disbelief at the lack of closing down in front of him.
Green on 20:52 - Dec 1 with 1632 viewsHayesender

The defending was a complete shambles for a good two minutes before they scored.

We had ample opportunities to clear it, and just kept giving it back to them.

Just seen it again on ESPN goals, and it was a fantastic strike imo

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Login to get fewer ads

Green on 20:56 - Dec 1 with 1610 viewsbaz_qpr

Green on 19:59 - Dec 1 by YorkRanger

Neil - I'm not one for getting on Green's back (or any other player for that matter), but when you see the goal again you'll realise that Green will be diasppointed..

and he was because he immediately held his hands up and apologised to his team.
Green on 21:01 - Dec 1 with 1592 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Thought the mistake he made was going with both hands. If he went with the bottom hand he would have had extra reach and made the deflecting save with the hard part of the hand rather than the fingertips. These are the choices keepers make in split-seconds and I think Green will be disappointed with his choice.

Poor closing down though and (if I remember correctly) the pressure came from messing about and a poor pass at the back leading to lost possession ten or twenty seconds beforehand.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Green on 21:02 - Dec 1 with 1589 viewsQPR1882

Never in a million years Greens fault ( and i have seen it several times from several angels at several speeds )
Green on 23:31 - Dec 1 with 1467 viewsDesertBoot

Villa fans behind the strike told me Green had no chance. Our faffing about in the lead up was pathetic.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Green on 23:37 - Dec 1 with 1447 viewsHollowayRanger

i honestly thought he should have kept it out ,but i was pleased to see him come out and take a few catches and command his box more something ceaser never did

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Green on 09:43 - Dec 2 with 1306 viewsGloucs_R

Seen it agin on motd. Never his fault, why do we always have to have a boo boy? We need to get behind the team not slag them off at every opportunity.

Some so called fans on this site are a joke.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Green on 09:55 - Dec 2 with 1287 viewsTheBlob

Nice height for a bog standard tip round the post.I'd have had that one - and a few others on this board would have fancied the opportunity of a TV Save.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Green on 10:28 - Dec 2 with 1246 viewsTW_R

Green on 09:43 - Dec 2 by Gloucs_R

Seen it agin on motd. Never his fault, why do we always have to have a boo boy? We need to get behind the team not slag them off at every opportunity.

Some so called fans on this site are a joke.

I agree. He managed to get a hand to it but just couldn't keep it out. Don't think the shot was any better or worse than Puncheons that Cesar got nowhere near, but as its Green people will slate him.
Green on 10:30 - Dec 2 with 1241 viewsCHUBBS

It certainly wasn't a mistake as such but when you get two hands to the ball you should save it.Other than that he had a solid game albeit with very little to do.
Green on 10:34 - Dec 2 with 1235 viewsJonDoeman

This ones dividing opinion isn't it!
Maybe he would get the benefit of the doubt without his 'previous'.

It Is What It Is !!

Green on 11:21 - Dec 2 with 1189 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Green on 10:34 - Dec 2 by JonDoeman

This ones dividing opinion isn't it!
Maybe he would get the benefit of the doubt without his 'previous'.

Possibly would alright. I'm trying to be dispassionate though.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Green on 11:30 - Dec 2 with 1173 viewsHayesender

I personally felt a lot more comfortable with Green in goal than Julio.

And apart from that two minute spell of fecking about before they scored, our defence seemed more comfortable with Green in goal!

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Green on 12:04 - Dec 2 with 1137 viewsNeil_SI

I've seen it back now and it's surprisingly inconclusive depending on the camera angle you see the strike from. It was always moving away from Green and perhaps the criticism of him is that he didn't adjust his feet quickly enough in the first place, but it was still a very good hit that would have beaten other keepers as well.

We defended really poorly though and even from the highlights, it cuts out a large chunk of where we actually gave the ball away higher up the pitch in the first place that lead to us having to retreat and then making another mess of getting hold of the ball.
Green on 12:13 - Dec 2 with 1113 viewsAgedR

Weak hand, Guzon saves it.

But, with a run in the side, Green will be fine.

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Green on 12:16 - Dec 2 with 1102 viewswittle

having seen it again this morning ,it wasnt right in the corner and i think he will be a bit disappointed.
Green on 12:17 - Dec 2 with 1099 viewsCHUBBS

Traore made a suicidal pass,to start the build up to their goal,instead of just clearing his lines.We seem to invite pressure on early in home games get punished then start to play after the opposition goal.
Plenty for HR to iron out.
Green on 12:18 - Dec 2 with 1098 viewsTacticalR

That goal was the end of a long passage of play where we couldn't break out of defence (due to Villa pressurising us on the ball) and we made numerous mistakes.

Right at the beginning Bosingwa knocked it down to SWP who shied out of a tackle with Benteke (who is admittedly twice his size). Nearer to the time when the goal was scored there was a poor pass by Traoré to Diakité who was facing our goal on the 18-yard line, followed by poor control by Diakité that had us on the back foot. Taarabt was following Holman in towards the goal, making it look like he was going to intervene, but then he didn't tackle Holman or do anything to put Holman off.

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024