Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
SS1 now 19:31 - Dec 17 with 3628 viewsTGRRRSSS

Talking QPR and showing the difference (with stats) about the improvement in work rate and restricting the amount of shots on goal compared to the last few games of the Hughes tenure. It's shocking the difference. Neville still thinks with the quality we have and the improved work rate we can get out of it.
SS1 now on 19:34 - Dec 17 with 2572 viewsfacto

good lad gary for a manc!!
SS1 now on 19:35 - Dec 17 with 2556 viewsklr

SS1 now on 19:34 - Dec 17 by facto

good lad gary for a manc!!

Agree, thought he would be terrible, but he makes an unbelievable breath of fresh air especially when you compare him to that absolute bunch of back to fronts that still inhabit the Match Of The Day studio's.
SS1 now on 19:41 - Dec 17 with 2532 viewshoopstilidie

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

SS1 now on 19:43 - Dec 17 with 2518 viewsClive_Anderson

SS1 now on 19:35 - Dec 17 by klr

Agree, thought he would be terrible, but he makes an unbelievable breath of fresh air especially when you compare him to that absolute bunch of back to fronts that still inhabit the Match Of The Day studio's.

Having not watched Match of the Day this season before Saturday I'd forgotten just how eye grindingly terrible the pundits on there are. Even the most tedious pub bore reading the telephone directory is more interesting that listening to those sofa bound parasites.

Shearer is looking more and more like a burns victim each year as well, which thinking about it could be the result of an attack by a group of irate licence fee payers.
SS1 now on 19:45 - Dec 17 with 2494 viewsPacal_Votan

SS1 now on 19:41 - Dec 17 by hoopstilidie

Fulham didn't have 5 attempts.

"Try the whine!!!"

SS1 now on 19:46 - Dec 17 with 2489 viewsTGRRRSSS

presume it's on and off target shots/attempts etc.
SS1 now on 19:48 - Dec 17 with 2472 viewscheeseydane

Thats frightening.

MH really has fked us up the Rs

Technology advances, unfortunately humans do not.

SS1 now on 19:49 - Dec 17 with 2463 viewsklr

SS1 now on 19:43 - Dec 17 by Clive_Anderson

Having not watched Match of the Day this season before Saturday I'd forgotten just how eye grindingly terrible the pundits on there are. Even the most tedious pub bore reading the telephone directory is more interesting that listening to those sofa bound parasites.

Shearer is looking more and more like a burns victim each year as well, which thinking about it could be the result of an attack by a group of irate licence fee payers.

Shearer actually has NO personality whatsoever, even worse you have the ridiculous sight of Alan Hansen; the broadcasting equivalent of Mark Hughes, a man that gets paid so much he genuinely seems to believe he is some kind of ultra sophisticated, metropolitan James Richardson style urbane type, when in reality he's not, he's a C*nt.

& dont get me started on Gary Lineker & his whole "act" / "persona"
Login to get fewer ads

SS1 now on 19:51 - Dec 17 with 2445 viewsQPRDave

What a difference those stats show....were they playing for Hughes?
SS1 now on 19:55 - Dec 17 with 2429 viewsTGRRRSSS

I doubt it I think he'd long lost the dressing room as the parlance goes, in addition I don't think Hughes and his "meticulous" planning was anything of the sort, if it was then we would not have been anywhere near as bad as that. In addition I suspect his backroom staff are clearly not good enough, it always goes beyond the man in charge as it were and clearly his backroom staff are not good enough themselves.
Hughes should never get another managerial job again i can't imagine he'll get an offer at any kind of club he'd consider "worthy" of his "talents"
SS1 now on 19:56 - Dec 17 with 2421 viewsClive_Anderson

SS1 now on 19:49 - Dec 17 by klr

Shearer actually has NO personality whatsoever, even worse you have the ridiculous sight of Alan Hansen; the broadcasting equivalent of Mark Hughes, a man that gets paid so much he genuinely seems to believe he is some kind of ultra sophisticated, metropolitan James Richardson style urbane type, when in reality he's not, he's a C*nt.

& dont get me started on Gary Lineker & his whole "act" / "persona"

I think Shearer actually has negative personality as he sucks all the charisma out of anyone else who shares a room with him.

Linekar and Hansen weren't too bad when they started out, but they've been coasting for at least the past decade. I'm convinced Hansen is seeing the highlights he's commenting on after the games for the first time and just randomly blurts out "shocking" and "pace" regardless of context.
SS1 now on 19:58 - Dec 17 with 2393 viewsklr

SS1 now on 19:56 - Dec 17 by Clive_Anderson

I think Shearer actually has negative personality as he sucks all the charisma out of anyone else who shares a room with him.

Linekar and Hansen weren't too bad when they started out, but they've been coasting for at least the past decade. I'm convinced Hansen is seeing the highlights he's commenting on after the games for the first time and just randomly blurts out "shocking" and "pace" regardless of context.

Even the way Hansen sits on his chair in that "louche" manner winds me up.

That format had run its course ten years ago.
SS1 now on 19:58 - Dec 17 with 2393 viewskingscrossdean

SS1 now on 19:55 - Dec 17 by TGRRRSSS

I doubt it I think he'd long lost the dressing room as the parlance goes, in addition I don't think Hughes and his "meticulous" planning was anything of the sort, if it was then we would not have been anywhere near as bad as that. In addition I suspect his backroom staff are clearly not good enough, it always goes beyond the man in charge as it were and clearly his backroom staff are not good enough themselves.
Hughes should never get another managerial job again i can't imagine he'll get an offer at any kind of club he'd consider "worthy" of his "talents"

That's quality it shows why redknapp is so highly regarded . We r so lucky to hav him but was /will it be to l8
SS1 now on 19:59 - Dec 17 with 2388 viewsClive_Anderson

I think Hughes started to believe his own hype a few years back and stopped putting in the hard graft you need to be a good manager. He fancies himself as a bit of an intellectual using prozone and so forth whilst ignoring the mroe obvious things that every one else could see with their own eyes.

He appeared aloof and detached and it's no wonder the players realised they could get away with not being arsed.
SS1 now on 20:01 - Dec 17 with 2378 viewsJuzzie

I saw that piece on SS1 and it was astonishing. If Mark "we don't practice defending" Hughes can't see where he went wrong then he'll never be the success he thinks he can be.

SS1 now on 20:01 - Dec 17 with 2375 viewsbaz_qpr

Hughes played 1 holding midfielder Harry plays 2. Hughes sides sat much deeper than Harry's
SS1 now on 20:01 - Dec 17 with 2376 viewsQPRDave

Think you're right TGRRRSSS,... did like the bit in the analysis where Gary says what a difference from the Southampton game and its just down to applying themselves and simply running around
SS1 now on 20:04 - Dec 17 with 2352 viewsTGRRRSSS

I agree also agree with Clive a bit further up about Hughes himself being a bit of a "intellectual type" using his sports science which is no doubt useful but not if you don't take care of the basics, which probably haven't changed that much in a 120 odd years off football. I agree also about the idea Hughes believed his hype and simply lost his focus some years ago.
SS1 now on 20:09 - Dec 17 with 2334 viewsjonno

SS1 now on 19:58 - Dec 17 by kingscrossdean

That's quality it shows why redknapp is so highly regarded . We r so lucky to hav him but was /will it be to l8

No of course it's not too late. As someone else on here said, Citeh are six points behind United but nobody is saying the title race is over, and we're only five points off safety. There really are some shite sides in the division above us and we just need to keep picking up points they way we have since we got rid of that idiot Hughes. Luckily for us, again due to the shiteness of many sides in the lower reaches, despite our abysmal performances under Hughes we aren't really cut adrift as we would have been had there been quality throughout the division.
SS1 now on 20:10 - Dec 17 with 2326 viewsandygg

He would do a marvellous job for Chelshite, once Rafa gets the bullet.
SS1 now on 20:12 - Dec 17 with 2320 viewsClive_Anderson

SS1 now on 20:04 - Dec 17 by TGRRRSSS

I agree also agree with Clive a bit further up about Hughes himself being a bit of a "intellectual type" using his sports science which is no doubt useful but not if you don't take care of the basics, which probably haven't changed that much in a 120 odd years off football. I agree also about the idea Hughes believed his hype and simply lost his focus some years ago.

I've got this vision of him spending all his time looking at Dyer's piss whilst the players are sitting about wondering when he's going to start telling them what to do at set pieces.
SS1 now on 20:13 - Dec 17 with 2306 viewsbaz_qpr

SS1 now on 19:59 - Dec 17 by Clive_Anderson

I think Hughes started to believe his own hype a few years back and stopped putting in the hard graft you need to be a good manager. He fancies himself as a bit of an intellectual using prozone and so forth whilst ignoring the mroe obvious things that every one else could see with their own eyes.

He appeared aloof and detached and it's no wonder the players realised they could get away with not being arsed.

Hughes clearly did not believe or forgot that part of the role of Football Manager is to be a man manager. In many ways he probably did a fairly decent job as a general manager he just forgot the football management bit.
SS1 now on 20:15 - Dec 17 with 2292 viewsTGRRRSSS

SS1 now on 20:12 - Dec 17 by Clive_Anderson

I've got this vision of him spending all his time looking at Dyer's piss whilst the players are sitting about wondering when he's going to start telling them what to do at set pieces.

well yes thats exactly it, and the joke of it is Dyer still isn't fckng playing so what a waste of time all that was.
IN effect I think of those things as the extra 2% that hopefully imorove you, but if your not doing the other 98% then it's a total waste of time. I'd love to know exactly what Hughes and his team actually were doing. Bowens podcast a few weeks before the end was somewhat enlightening, that made me start to believe they didn't really know what they were doing and had lost the focus of what the business is of being a managment team at a Premier League (or any side really) football team
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
SS1 now on 20:44 - Dec 17 with 2221 viewsBushman

MH management style

Someone at work told me that apparently Hughes had an envelope in the dressing room before the Swansea game & said "this contains the names of three players who are going to let us down today"

Anyone else hear this?

WTF ????

Ps told me it was on talkshite so probably bollox.

I know almost nothing about the Premier League even though I try to catch the big games every now and then at the end of the season. But I will say this, Queens Park Rangers is just a fukking sick ass team name. Just sounds so cool.

SS1 now on 20:46 - Dec 17 with 2203 viewsTGRRRSSS

I have heared of something like that being used elsewhere not by Hughes as far as I can remember.

Think it's a pshycological thing to inspire apparently. Thinking about it AVB might have done this at Chelsea and it backfired.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024