Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Could Amit be the answer? 14:43 - Jan 1 with 1712 viewsSomersetHoops

QPR is in a bad way and failing in practically every area. I don't blame Tony F as his heart is in the right place and many of us thought Hughes was the answer when he was appointed - how totally wrong we were. Many of us could see MH should go well before he did and Tony did not admit soon enough (if ever) that he had made a mistake which has cost him and his fellow owners lots of money and left us fans with a club which is failing and painful to support.

In recent times the best feeling at QPR was when Briatore moved aside and effectively let Amit run the club. I'm not sure what he did behind the scenes, but it seemed, during that period, that for the first time in ages the club was moving in the right direction.

Since then it has seemed that the club has been run by an absentee collective of owners with Tony Fernandes at its head, but not able to dedicate enough time to see enough of what is going on to, for example, realise Hughes and his agent pal were taking them for a ride and do something about it soon enough.

I just wonder if its possible for Amit to dedicate more time to QPR and forge a similar relationship with Harry that he had when he was working with Neil Warnock. Tony Fernandes Could still be the head of the board, but accept his other business time demands do not really permit him to have the feel for what is going on in the same way that someone able to spend more time at the club can achieve.

This poses two questions; can Amit commit the time and energy to QPR? Where does this leave Phil Beard who was on site and should on the face of it have seen all the Hughes crap going on around him and made the necessary recommendation to kick him and his useless entourage out sooner?

I just want Rangers to be a club I'm proud to support again and its clear to me for this to happen something has to change. This may not be the answer because Amit may not be in a position to commit his time now as he obviously did before.

In any case we need someone at LR with a financial and emotional commitment to the club who is around long enough and asks the right questions and can understand the 'feel' for what going on and respond in the right way to return our club to what it should be. We fans knew things were not right under Hughes months before it was dealt with and it wasn't necessary to be involved with the comments and abuse on twitter etc to know it. It was just about the bad atmosphere and players attitude which was allowed to continue for far too long and is now proving so difficult to address. Amit once did that job and I just wonder if its possible for him to do it again.

Who's Next?

Could Amit be the answer? on 15:09 - Jan 1 with 1630 viewsQPRDave

Let's give him a try can't be worse than Cisse...!....
Could Amit be the answer? on 15:21 - Jan 1 with 1606 viewsmygeneration

Amit was also genuinely committed to establishing a dialogue between the club and the supporters trusts as well as other independent groups such as the LSA.

Could Amit be the answer? on 15:24 - Jan 1 with 1588 viewswittle

i didnt hear people calling for amit when fernandes was chucking millions around in the summer.
Could Amit be the answer? on 15:29 - Jan 1 with 1574 viewsSomersetHoops

Could Amit be the answer? on 15:24 - Jan 1 by wittle

i didnt hear people calling for amit when fernandes was chucking millions around in the summer.

Amit was Lakshmi Mittal's son in law and representative and I understand Mr Mittal still provides one third or more of the money that is spent.

Who's Next?

Could Amit be the answer? on 15:32 - Jan 1 with 1557 viewssmegma

Could Amit be the answer? on 15:21 - Jan 1 by mygeneration

Amit was also genuinely committed to establishing a dialogue between the club and the supporters trusts as well as other independent groups such as the LSA.

So he said. It was all talk.
Could Amit be the answer? on 15:33 - Jan 1 with 1555 viewswittle

Could Amit be the answer? on 15:29 - Jan 1 by SomersetHoops

Amit was Lakshmi Mittal's son in law and representative and I understand Mr Mittal still provides one third or more of the money that is spent.

I know but what can amit possibly do to help turn around the situation we are in,the damage is already done.
Could Amit be the answer? on 15:47 - Jan 1 with 1509 viewsSomersetHoops

Could Amit be the answer? on 15:33 - Jan 1 by wittle

I know but what can amit possibly do to help turn around the situation we are in,the damage is already done.

That is what we thought before Briatore handed control over to Amit. It may be almost too late to save us for this season, but it might help in the long term

Who's Next?

Could Amit be the answer? on 16:04 - Jan 1 with 1467 viewswood_hoop

Could Amit be the answer? on 15:33 - Jan 1 by wittle

I don't think Amit or anyone on the board has kept a close enough eye on proceedings at all since we got promotion , TF tops the list for naivity and poor decision making, how to 'fcuk a club up' seems to have come very easily for someone who has been so succesful in other spheres of business.

Maybe HR can walk on water and I wait to see just who he is bringing in during the transfer window, can't say I have been impressed with all the players we have been linked with so far, but then as there all rumours difficult to know just what route HR thinks will save us from the drop, but then HR was very tempted by the job in the Ukraine before TF stepped in to tempt him away from that 'mecca' of football.

TF can 'tweet' away all he likes, the lowest form of social media that has been invented yet, it may keep his fan club happy but I think for many others they wish he was much more anonomous and the club on a much more level footing.

As I have no idea who controls what at the club maybe even TF is at risk if/when we drop a division and take a massive debt and a squad full of highly paid players who don't give a sh** with us, the Mittals certainly have enough funds to take complete control of the club, but then who would want to to buy a failing business.
Login to get fewer ads

Could Amit be the answer? on 18:02 - Jan 1 with 1250 viewsBumdaR

Didn't the Mittals have the chance to acquire a majority shareholding when Tango Nd cash were selling but quite rightly weren't willing to pay above the odds. Then along came Uncle Tony and he's been paying above the odds ever since!
Could Amit be the answer? on 18:22 - Jan 1 with 1203 viewsmygeneration

Could Amit be the answer? on 15:32 - Jan 1 by smegma

So he said. It was all talk.

He did at least meet with fans representatives and acted upon some of the issues we had at the time. That at least is more than what is happening now
Could Amit be the answer? on 18:31 - Jan 1 with 1172 viewsTheBlob

"Mutinous dogs!!!"

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Could Amit be the answer? on 18:37 - Jan 1 with 1157 viewsqprwpg

I'm purely guessing here, but Amit might be involved in advising. If you look at how the manager appointments were made, Amit went and got NW, a manager with plenty of experience and promotions. They let him sign whomever he wanted to play for us and the result was promotion. The board repeat this trick with MH, who had history of doing well, and finding good players that were unknowns (yes, not all were a hit). Or maybe TF saw the model and it worked, so he stuck with it and it's nothing to do with Amit.

Now they bring another manager with a history of saving clubs from relegation (and more), the result? We'll find out soon enough.

Twitter: @qprwpg

Could Amit be the answer? on 19:13 - Jan 1 with 1119 viewsqblockpete

Amit takes more of a back seat now then ever before. At the time Tango and Cash left he had chance to acquire the club fully but decided against it. (well his father in-law did), so now his interest is of a minority shareholder.

Spends too much time away from football on other business ventures, so you are far more likely to see him leave, then take a more high profile role at the club.
Could Amit be the answer? on 19:17 - Jan 1 with 1107 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Was told he's only been to two only home games this season. Was also told that the Mittals have offered to offload their shares to Fernandes for a very low value.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Could Amit be the answer? on 19:26 - Jan 1 with 1087 viewsSW17_RRR

Amit bittar doesn't know his elbow from his A*s pipe the four year plan proved that...............he's been along for the ride longer than most and can only be viewed as part of the problem not the solution.

He's another muppet riding along on this gravy train, his luck with pulling billionaries daughters has to be appaulded but the rest of it come on....he's part of this boutique W12 bollicks........

Look at what's happening @ Nottingham Forest, another load of gonad heads trying to run a football club without a clue. Tbh they'ed be better off getting a couple of savvy supporters into advise, half the cost but twice the return!
Could Amit be the answer? on 19:30 - Jan 1 with 1070 viewsdanehoop

Could Amit be the answer? on 15:29 - Jan 1 by SomersetHoops

Don't think it works that way at all. Mittals are shareholders but not spending on transfers was my understanding. Not sure where yours comes from.

Never knowingly understood

Could Amit be the answer? on 21:13 - Jan 1 with 938 viewsSomersetHoops

Could Amit be the answer? on 19:26 - Jan 1 by SW17_RRR

Amit bittar doesn't know his elbow from his A*s pipe the four year plan proved that...............he's been along for the ride longer than most and can only be viewed as part of the problem not the solution.

He's another muppet riding along on this gravy train, his luck with pulling billionaries daughters has to be appaulded but the rest of it come on....he's part of this boutique W12 bollicks........

Look at what's happening @ Nottingham Forest, another load of gonad heads trying to run a football club without a clue. Tbh they'ed be better off getting a couple of savvy supporters into advise, half the cost but twice the return!

Well we are all entitled to be pissed on NYD (as I was earlier), but you seem to forget that when Amit Bhatia was given control after the club had previously looked like achieving nothing, we achieved our main objective under the 4 year plan of getting into the Premiership. It also allowed Bernie Ecclestone undeservedly to prove the point that he could make money out of football. Of that lot I think Amit was the one good apple in a bag of rotten ones and did then care about QPR. Things may have changed now though as he seems to be further in the background.

Who's Next?

Could Amit be the answer? on 21:17 - Jan 1 with 932 viewswittle

Could Amit be the answer? on 21:13 - Jan 1 by SomersetHoops

Well we are all entitled to be pissed on NYD (as I was earlier), but you seem to forget that when Amit Bhatia was given control after the club had previously looked like achieving nothing, we achieved our main objective under the 4 year plan of getting into the Premiership. It also allowed Bernie Ecclestone undeservedly to prove the point that he could make money out of football. Of that lot I think Amit was the one good apple in a bag of rotten ones and did then care about QPR. Things may have changed now though as he seems to be further in the background.

neil warnock deserves all the credit for turning us around ,although amit brought him in.
Could Amit be the answer? on 21:28 - Jan 1 with 926 viewsSomersetHoops

Could Amit be the answer? on 21:17 - Jan 1 by wittle

neil warnock deserves all the credit for turning us around ,although amit brought him in.

The fans were then behind the team and NW and Amit had very good relationship and an understanding of what was required to realise the objective. With Briatore in the sidelines there was a feeling we were all pulling together and the fans players and management were fighting together for the same result. This is what we need to return to. Without Amit's backing of Neil Warnock I doubt we would have gone up that season although there is no doubt NW did a terrific job at that level.

Who's Next?

Could Amit be the answer? on 23:37 - Jan 1 with 837 viewsdaveB

everything that amit has said about how he wants qpr run the opposite has happened in the last 18 months so i'm not surprised he has taken a back seat and might be off. he tried several times to buy the club but the price he was quoted compred to Fernandes was ridiculous.
Could Amit be the answer? on 00:27 - Jan 2 with 803 viewsSpiritofGregory

Amit must be reinstated, when he was in charge the club was run with common sense. Fernandes said that he would step aside if he failed in his duties. He is failing miserably therefore must honour his promise and move aside.

Could Amit be the answer? on 00:31 - Jan 2 with 800 viewsTheBlob

Could Amit be the answer? on 00:27 - Jan 2 by SpiritofGregory

Amit must be reinstated, when he was in charge the club was run with common sense. Fernandes said that he would step aside if he failed in his duties. He is failing miserably therefore must honour his promise and move aside.

To do what?Pick the side and sign players?Presumably replace the current manager?Just let things pan out for a change.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024