Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Non QPR but advice needed 11:51 - Jan 10 with 1567 viewsjohnswiltsqpr

I was working for this firm with a contract and salary, he paid me late in october and November so I started looking for other work. Got a new job and started this on 2nd Jan. I didn't hand my notice in as I knew he wouldn't pay me. I worked as normal in December knowing full well I was leaving. Anyhow he paid me about half of my salary in December. I have since handed my notice in and he is refusing to pay me the rest. He is saying that I didnt hit my sales target so he is not paying me, althought this is not in the contract anywhere. Any advice on how best toget the money owed please??
Non QPR but advice needed on 11:56 - Jan 10 with 1556 viewsTW_R

The only definitive way is to seek legal advice.

You could write him a letter saying that you believe he is breaching your contract by not paying you as agreed in said contract. You can also note that no sales targets were agreed as part of this contract. Tell him he has 28 days to pay you or he will be hearing from your solicitor.

A letter from a solicitor is generally a good way of bringing someone round.
Non QPR but advice needed on 11:58 - Jan 10 with 1549 viewsW7Ranger

Non QPR but advice needed on 11:56 - Jan 10 by TW_R

The only definitive way is to seek legal advice.

You could write him a letter saying that you believe he is breaching your contract by not paying you as agreed in said contract. You can also note that no sales targets were agreed as part of this contract. Tell him he has 28 days to pay you or he will be hearing from your solicitor.

A letter from a solicitor is generally a good way of bringing someone round.

Either that or deck the thieving khaaaaaaant!!!
Non QPR but advice needed on 12:01 - Jan 10 with 1537 viewsA40Bosh

Non QPR but advice needed on 11:58 - Jan 10 by W7Ranger

Thank you for your input Kofi Anan!

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Non QPR but advice needed on 12:04 - Jan 10 with 1530 viewsW7Ranger

Non QPR but advice needed on 12:01 - Jan 10 by A40Bosh

Thank you for your input Kofi Anan!

Welcome.
Non QPR but advice needed on 12:06 - Jan 10 with 1524 viewsjohnswiltsqpr

Non QPR but advice needed on 11:58 - Jan 10 by W7Ranger

I'd love to give him a flying headbutt followed by a one inch punch but this would wreck any chance I have of getting the cash.

A solicitor would want paying to write to him though which at half a months salary would defeat the object?
Non QPR but advice needed on 12:08 - Jan 10 with 1509 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Solicitor's letter, definitely. Usually opens the eyes and wallets of the hesitant.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Non QPR but advice needed on 12:08 - Jan 10 with 1508 viewsPhildo

Threaten to lodge employment tribunal claim for wrongful deduction - have a look at your contractual notice obligations though.
Non QPR but advice needed on 13:42 - Jan 10 with 1419 viewsN12Hoop

Given that you've performed the work, and presumably you have previous months evidence to substantiate what you should be paid, then I would send him a letter stating that he is in breach of contract and that if he doesn't pay, or provide evidence to support a refusal to pay, then you will take legal action.

Go to HM Court's Service online small claims court process and follow the guidance. It's easy to take action online and inexpensive. If you win you'll get your costs back. The risk is that if he defends it then the matter drags for a while and there are some additional costs incurred in the lead up to the hearing.

My advice is that if you are certain that you are owed the money this is the route to follow. However, given that he has paid you late several times then he may have financial issues and if this is the case then you could be wasting your time since he could be broke long before you get anywhere.

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

Login to get fewer ads

Non QPR but advice needed on 14:02 - Jan 10 with 1372 viewsTheBlob

Blackmail is good.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Non QPR but advice needed on 14:41 - Jan 10 with 1338 viewsheadhoops

Be polite and send the company a letter saying they do owe you the money under contractural terms - suggest if these go unpaid you will have no alternative other than to issue an Employment Tribunal claiming Constructive dismissal on the grounds of your
a) Race
b) Age
c) Sexual orientation
d) religion

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Non QPR but advice needed on 14:45 - Jan 10 with 1325 viewskensalriser

N12's advice is good.

If you're sure you haven't breached the contract, send a letter demanding the outstanding sum. Give him seven days to pay up, after which you will begin legal action without further communication if he doesn't. Then it's off to moneyclaim online. You will need the full legal name of the company and its registered address.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Non QPR but advice needed on 14:48 - Jan 10 with 1319 viewswombat

how much of your notice you need to do before you leave ?

if you want to really make him sit up go to the docs and get them to sign u off with stress , take the cert into work and inform Hr he will have no choice but to be very nice indeed to you while ur there

Poll: which is your favouite foot

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024