Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR in 5 years time - How can we save our club 17:11 - Feb 10 with 2501 viewsFlex

You're often asked this in interviews. As fans, where do you see us in 5 years time, and what can be done to save this club.

Many are still blinded to the fact that the club are in an absolute state, as we have an affable chairmen. We urgently need 'footballing' men as well as commercial men at board level or this mockery will continue.

Further to this, we are in desperate need of a guiding principle, some sort of philosophy that directs and underpins the club. At the moment, we simply throw money at a problem, rather than exploring novel options such as coaching to improve our current crop of players.

QPR in 5 years time - How can we save our club on 17:15 - Feb 10 with 2479 viewsLandofoz89

We have got planning for the new training facilities at Warren Farm, so there's something in the pipeline.

Meet me by the railway track

QPR in 5 years time - How can we save our club on 17:15 - Feb 10 with 2473 viewsTGRRRSSS

5 years time in all honesty who knows but I admit there's a certainl bleakness to our situation at the moment, as it stands maybe battling the odds in Championship???
QPR in 5 years time - How can we save our club on 17:16 - Feb 10 with 2464 viewsessextaxiboy

In the Premier League , just about to move into a new stadium .

We don't need saving and even if we did we cant do it .

The only thing we can do is turn up and get behind the team .

QPR in 5 years time - How can we save our club on 17:28 - Feb 10 with 2438 viewskropotkin41

Personally I would be very happy if we are in the Championship in five years time, but a good outfit, there or thereabouts for the play-offs, waiting for the genius season like 2010-11 that will surely come along.

1. New training facilities.
2. Academy and some young players showing promise.
3. A cup run or two
4. Safe standing introduced at LR
5. Same owners but rid of all the end of career last pay cheque players.
6. More fans forums & (absolute ideal world) some plan to bring in and increase fan ownership.
7. Tickets at reasonable prices and deals on cup games. Aim to fill LR every week with a pricing strategy to fit.
8. QPR seen as model Championship club.
9.Pride

If, in five years time we are back in the Prem, fine, but with all the above in place. Not at all interested in repeating the last two seasons. I'm not saying that I wouldn't ever accept relegation again, but relegation with fight and competitiveness and no fear of "doing a Pompey"!

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

QPR in 5 years time - How can we save our club on 17:30 - Feb 10 with 2428 viewsTGRRRSSS

One fear I have is we will continue signing this type of end of career type and the likes of Park who are here for Marketing purposes overseas.
However how many Koreans (or whichever country is vogue in that moment in time) will come watch us battle it out against Burnley on a Tuesday night is highly debateable.
QPR in 5 years time - How can we save our club on 17:31 - Feb 10 with 2425 viewsHollowayRanger

more worried about where i'll be in 5 years time

QPR can take care of itself even if it dies its name will live on in some form or another

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

QPR in 5 years time - How can we save our club on 17:33 - Feb 10 with 2414 viewskropotkin41

QPR in 5 years time - How can we save our club on 17:31 - Feb 10 by HollowayRanger

more worried about where i'll be in 5 years time

QPR can take care of itself even if it dies its name will live on in some form or another

Blimey........... well we could all say that.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

QPR in 5 years time - How can we save our club on 18:26 - Feb 10 with 2330 viewsrsonist

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2013/feb/09/celtic-finances-champions-le

Their alignment in this season's Celtic constellation marks the successful culmination of a five-year economic plan that might have prevented the global banking collapse had it been applied by Lehman Brothers and RBS: cover your risks and secure value for money on every transaction.

"We decided to take significant funds from our first team in 2006-07 and to reinvest it in building a state-of-the-art training campus; developing a youth academy; constructing a sports science programme and the recruitment of an international football development manager," Lawwell said. "It is all about building a sustainable, long-term economic model which will buttress us from the effects of any sudden downturns. It is designed to ensure that we remain competitive in elite European competition."

Celtic have become expert in shopping in what they call "undervalued markets" in Asia, Africa and Latin America, as well as England's Nationwide League. No one at the club is under any illusion that they will keep their stars for more than a few years, but from a collective outlay of less than £10m they will expect to earn a profit of around five times that. This was exemplified by the £6m sale of Ki Sung-yueng to Swansea City last summer three years after the South Korean midfielder had been purchased for £2m. It is the sort of transfer arithmetic that has made John Park, Celtic's development manager, as big a target for Premier League clubs as any of those who will line up against the Italian champions on Tuesday. It also offers a rebuke to the transfer window coconut shy in England in which vast sums are thrown at a depressing array of mediocrities in a desperate attempt to secure Premier League survival.
Login to get fewer ads

QPR in 5 years time - How can we save our club on 18:41 - Feb 10 with 2305 viewsTGRRRSSS

Celtic play in a far weaker league than us (and arguably for the most part the Championship).
I admit they've done very well in Champs League this season, but have probably overachived and this season will prove something of an anomoly in the long term.
QPR in 5 years time - How can we save our club on 18:45 - Feb 10 with 2294 viewsTheBlob

Our own postage stamp sized internet channel.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

QPR in 5 years time - How can we save our club on 19:29 - Feb 10 with 2239 viewsbaz_qpr

Seriously mate think where we were 5 years ago, and go and take a chill pill, we dont need to be in a constant state of crisis, and we are not, we are being relegated, we were never ready to go up in the first place. the single largest shareholder is something like the 7th richest man in the world
QPR in 5 years time - How can we save our club on 23:30 - Feb 10 with 2164 viewsTearsOfaClown

we are a yo yo club - so either

a) Div 1 and in 10 years, prem league

b) liquidated and a nice housing estate
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024