Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pistorius arrested over girlfriends shooting. 07:52 - Feb 14 with 5908 viewsrangerslee

On news now that Pistorius has been arrested following the shooting and killing of his girlfriend. Reports say he thought there were intruders and shot in the head and arm.
Pistorius arrested over girlfriends shooting. on 08:07 - Feb 14 with 4056 viewsJamie

Local media claiming she tried to surprise him with a Valentines Day gift and he mistook her for an intruder.

Desperately sad.
Pistorius arrested over girlfriends shooting. on 08:36 - Feb 14 with 4005 viewsN12Hoop

Unfortunately the nature of living in SA is that you hear a noise, you shoot. Great place to holiday, awful place to live in my view. This is really sad, Oscar seems like a great bloke.

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

Pistorius arrested over girlfriends shooting. on 08:45 - Feb 14 with 3987 viewskingsburyR

Over genralising there a tad.

I lived in Ct for 5 years and never had any bother.

(Did have my car broken into 9 times i must admit).

Its like anywhere, there are good bits and bad bit.

The sad reflection on South African society is that if he had shot a black intruder it would have just about made it onto local news.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Pistorius arrested over girlfriends shooting. on 08:54 - Feb 14 with 3967 viewsN12Hoop

Pistorius arrested over girlfriends shooting. on 08:45 - Feb 14 by kingsburyR

Over genralising there a tad.

I lived in Ct for 5 years and never had any bother.

(Did have my car broken into 9 times i must admit).

Its like anywhere, there are good bits and bad bit.

The sad reflection on South African society is that if he had shot a black intruder it would have just about made it onto local news.

Well i'm not sure i'm over-generalising too much. CT is just the top floor of the titanic. Joburg and Pretoria are dangerous places to live it's not like here where if you stray into the worng areas there may be trouble. People come and seek you out ona random basis, whereever you may be. I wouldnt want to raise my family there.

Pistorius arrested over girlfriends shooting. on 08:55 - Feb 14 with 3959 viewskingsburyR

Pistorius arrested over girlfriends shooting. on 08:54 - Feb 14 by N12Hoop

Well i'm not sure i'm over-generalising too much. CT is just the top floor of the titanic. Joburg and Pretoria are dangerous places to live it's not like here where if you stray into the worng areas there may be trouble. People come and seek you out ona random basis, whereever you may be. I wouldnt want to raise my family there.

Fair point!

Though I would recommend everyone see Cape Town at least once in their lives!

Pistorius arrested over girlfriends shooting. on 08:58 - Feb 14 with 3947 viewsN12Hoop

Pistorius arrested over girlfriends shooting. on 08:55 - Feb 14 by kingsburyR

Fair point!

Though I would recommend everyone see Cape Town at least once in their lives!

Agree with that. A bit like Sydney, only nicer.

Pistorius arrested over girlfriends shooting. on 09:56 - Feb 14 with 3835 viewskingsburyR

Pistorius arrested over girlfriends shooting. on 10:27 - Feb 14 with 3752 viewshoopstilidie

" Oscar seems like a great bloke."

He really isn't. He's an arse.

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

Login to get fewer ads

Pistorius arrested over girlfriends shooting. on 10:35 - Feb 14 with 3736 viewsWatford_Ranger

Pistorius arrested over girlfriends shooting. on 10:27 - Feb 14 by hoopstilidie

" Oscar seems like a great bloke."

He really isn't. He's an arse.

A sore one after 20 years inside I'd imagine.
Pistorius arrested over girlfriends shooting. on 10:44 - Feb 14 with 3711 viewshoopstilidie

SA police say there have been allegations of previous violent incidents at Pistorius' home of 'a domestic nature'.

Pistorius arrested over girlfriends shooting. on 10:45 - Feb 14 with 3698 viewsTW_R

Pistorius arrested over girlfriends shooting. on 10:44 - Feb 14 by hoopstilidie

SA police say there have been allegations of previous violent incidents at Pistorius' home of 'a domestic nature'.

I guess if they we at his home they would be of a domestic nature, as opposed to a wild nature?
Pistorius arrested over girlfriends shooting. on 10:48 - Feb 14 with 3680 viewsHollowayRanger

Pistorius arrested over girlfriends shooting. on 10:45 - Feb 14 by TW_R

I guess if they we at his home they would be of a domestic nature, as opposed to a wild nature?

lot will depend on if she was staying there at time and if not did he know she was returning if not and it was a surprise visit then he'll get off for sure

still how anyone could mistake a tall leggy blonde her for an intruder is beyond me

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Pistorius arrested over girlfriends shooting. on 10:49 - Feb 14 with 3679 viewshoopstilidie

Pistorius arrested over girlfriends shooting. on 10:48 - Feb 14 by HollowayRanger

lot will depend on if she was staying there at time and if not did he know she was returning if not and it was a surprise visit then he'll get off for sure

still how anyone could mistake a tall leggy blonde her for an intruder is beyond me

At least 1 witness and Pistorius now charged with murder.
Police also say the intruder story did not come from them.

Pistorius arrested over girlfriends shooting. on 11:04 - Feb 14 with 3628 viewsfakekerby

Pistorius arrested over girlfriends shooting. on 10:48 - Feb 14 by HollowayRanger

Can you 'get off' shooting and killing anyone in SA, even an intruder? it's still manslaughter at least?
Pistorius arrested over girlfriends shooting. on 11:05 - Feb 14 with 3625 viewsloftboy

Pistorius arrested over girlfriends shooting. on 11:04 - Feb 14 by fakekerby

Can you 'get off' shooting and killing anyone in SA, even an intruder? it's still manslaughter at least?

If they are attacking your property then you can.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Pistorius arrested over girlfriends shooting. on 11:10 - Feb 14 with 3612 viewsJamie

Pistorius arrested over girlfriends shooting. on 11:04 - Feb 14 by fakekerby

Most countries have a form of justifiable homicide legislature.
Pistorius arrested over girlfriends shooting. on 11:10 - Feb 14 with 3608 viewswillis1980

given his stature in SA society the story wouldve made it into the news even if the intruder was black, if you ever go to south africa and pick up the paper youd be surprised at nonsense that passes for news for news over there.

There is something quite dubious about the burglar story in my opinion, south african "legal" gun ownership laws are incredibly tight. you have to sit a course of a matter of weeks, have a visit from the department wholl determine whether youre fit and where in your house a gun safe is fitted. Surely she wouldve called out his name (or something of that ilk) by the time he managed to get to the safe, open it and draw his pistol. In a country like south africa people would generally think twice about surprising someone in this way, due to all the home invasions and robberies etc.

cape town is becoming increasingly glitzy, but houses there that once didnt have fences now do. just wait until mandela dies and the whole place will end up a warzone. Farmers are already being killed or chased off there farms like in Zimbabwe, the ANC have introduced a law making it illegal to expose wrong doing by the government (upto 15yrs in prison), Woolworths (their M&S) have openly declared they wont employ white people and SA Airlines might join them, Mandelas grand son is supporting the removal of the age of consent as its a "white" construct etc etc

I have family over there and think its a beautiful country, but also think its the place will soon descend into pandamonium.
Pistorius arrested over girlfriends shooting. on 11:23 - Feb 14 with 3796 viewsJamie

Pistorius arrested over girlfriends shooting. on 11:10 - Feb 14 by willis1980

given his stature in SA society the story wouldve made it into the news even if the intruder was black, if you ever go to south africa and pick up the paper youd be surprised at nonsense that passes for news for news over there.

There is something quite dubious about the burglar story in my opinion, south african "legal" gun ownership laws are incredibly tight. you have to sit a course of a matter of weeks, have a visit from the department wholl determine whether youre fit and where in your house a gun safe is fitted. Surely she wouldve called out his name (or something of that ilk) by the time he managed to get to the safe, open it and draw his pistol. In a country like south africa people would generally think twice about surprising someone in this way, due to all the home invasions and robberies etc.

cape town is becoming increasingly glitzy, but houses there that once didnt have fences now do. just wait until mandela dies and the whole place will end up a warzone. Farmers are already being killed or chased off there farms like in Zimbabwe, the ANC have introduced a law making it illegal to expose wrong doing by the government (upto 15yrs in prison), Woolworths (their M&S) have openly declared they wont employ white people and SA Airlines might join them, Mandelas grand son is supporting the removal of the age of consent as its a "white" construct etc etc

I have family over there and think its a beautiful country, but also think its the place will soon descend into pandamonium.

He told the Mail before the Olympics that he kept a loaded pistol on the bedside table and a machine gun on the windowsill.

As for there being a witness, he has a live-in helper so not surprising.

Other than that will wait for the facts to come out.
Pistorius arrested over girlfriends shooting. on 12:16 - Feb 14 with 3714 viewsTGRRRSSS

General thing is in SA if you shoot someone you drag them into the house, which gets you off (or used to) this would be a bit of a different case.
As for SA it'll be ten times worse than Zimbabwe.
Alot of money going in their atm and people having holiday homes there in polaces like Cape Town, love to go there for a trip. Live there no chance.
Pistorius arrested over girlfriends shooting. on 12:46 - Feb 14 with 3653 viewsRangersDave

http://news.sky.com/story/1051959/oscar-pistorius-charged-with-murder

could be a wrong un with a temper?

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Pistorius arrested over girlfriends shooting. on 13:25 - Feb 14 with 3551 viewsisawqpratwcity

I hate these threads: he may be innocent, or he may be not.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Pistorius arrested over girlfriends shooting. on 13:54 - Feb 14 with 3490 viewsHollowayRanger

Pistorius arrested over girlfriends shooting. on 13:25 - Feb 14 by isawqpratwcity

I hate these threads: he may be innocent, or he may be not.

HE AINT INNOCENT!

he did it

just a case of why

was it rage or accident

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Pistorius arrested over girlfriends shooting. on 14:41 - Feb 14 with 3394 viewsN12Hoop

Pistorius arrested over girlfriends shooting. on 11:10 - Feb 14 by willis1980

I agree the place is going down the pan. Interesting stat on the BBC website says there are 5.9million guns in SA of which 3.7m are registered. No one can know how many guns there really are, but the answer clearly runs into millions in a country with a population of 50 million.

Gun homicides: 17 per 100,000 people compared to the US (3.2 per 100,000)

Then there's all the non reported gun crime, people being shot and surviving for example, the armed robberies, hijackings, stabbings etc. Once Mandela dies, that place is going downhill very rapidly.

One other thing I read yesterday: SA Breweries manage to supply every single pub throughout of the country with no issues; the government are unable to get teaching materials to every school in the country because of their incompetence so kids are at schools with no learning tools.

Anyone wanting to go on holiday there, do it before it's too late.

Pistorius arrested over girlfriends shooting. on 14:56 - Feb 14 with 3364 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Pistorius arrested over girlfriends shooting. on 14:41 - Feb 14 by N12Hoop

I agree the place is going down the pan. Interesting stat on the BBC website says there are 5.9million guns in SA of which 3.7m are registered. No one can know how many guns there really are, but the answer clearly runs into millions in a country with a population of 50 million.

Gun homicides: 17 per 100,000 people compared to the US (3.2 per 100,000)

Then there's all the non reported gun crime, people being shot and surviving for example, the armed robberies, hijackings, stabbings etc. Once Mandela dies, that place is going downhill very rapidly.

One other thing I read yesterday: SA Breweries manage to supply every single pub throughout of the country with no issues; the government are unable to get teaching materials to every school in the country because of their incompetence so kids are at schools with no learning tools.

Anyone wanting to go on holiday there, do it before it's too late.

Echo the last sentence.

When I was over the first time the Health Minister was staying in the penthouse suite of some Jo'burg hospital saying "there were no problems with the health service look at me" when two floors below they were dying 2 a bed.

Illegal immigration also is what is leading to more violence, mozambique being a prime example.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Pistorius arrested over girlfriends shooting. on 15:01 - Feb 14 with 3344 viewsTheBlob

Poll: So how was the season for you?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024