Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sydney hotel advice 10:39 - Mar 20 with 1890 viewsDubaiR

In Australia for Xmas, Perth for the test but staying with a mate then on to Sydney from the 18th till the 27th. Any good hotel advice? Looking for somewhere that has a pool and close to the action. Thanks
Sydney hotel advice on 13:00 - Mar 20 with 1854 viewsMichael_Hunt

Really depends on your budget, but the rocks area is the place to stay IMO. Top of the range is the Hyatt Regency which nestles under the bridge.
Sydney hotel advice on 20:05 - Mar 20 with 1811 viewsBirchwood

I would recommend The Holiday Inn at The Rocks right near Sydney Bridge. I stayed there a couple of years ago, great location, and not silly money. Take plenty of dough, I found Sydney much more expensive than the rest of Australia.

Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, doesn't try it on.

Sydney hotel advice on 20:20 - Mar 20 with 1800 viewsMrSheen

Sydney hotel advice on 20:05 - Mar 20 by Birchwood

I would recommend The Holiday Inn at The Rocks right near Sydney Bridge. I stayed there a couple of years ago, great location, and not silly money. Take plenty of dough, I found Sydney much more expensive than the rest of Australia.

I agree. Bring food! Sydney is shockingly expensive, and the hotels still want about £10 a day for internet access as well. Great place though, I'm going in May and hope to get a couple of NRL games in - Canterbury and Parramatta.
Sydney hotel advice on 20:37 - Mar 20 with 1791 viewscollegeranger

Went a few years ago and stayed on the company at the Hyatt on the Park. But when they wanted £190 a night to extend I went on Priceline and bid £47 in The Rocks Circular Quay area and got The Marriott on Pitt Street. Room was smaller but was more convenient for Quay and Rocks and bars and restuarants and if we ever get a chance to go back would stay again!
Sydney hotel advice on 02:49 - Mar 21 with 1751 viewsSydneyRs

Sydney is quite expensive, but the main reason people from the UK think so is the dreadful exchange rate for the pound at the moment - lowest in a very long time. A few years ago the pound was worth around double in Australian dollars what it is now. I went to London late last year and everything seemed really cheap compared to previous visits for the same reason. That situation won't last forever, but will be much the same at Xmas.

The Rocks is central, has good pubs (a rarity in Australia trust me) and is very touristy. Depends on what you are looking for really. That time of year is hot so staying near one of the beaches might be an option too.

All the usual suspects are in the city. Hilton, Sheraton etc. For a cracking harbour view go with the Four Seasons or Shangri La. Not cheap but the views are superb. They are about half the price of the Hyatt and in the same area.
Sydney hotel advice on 04:08 - Mar 21 with 1744 viewsKiwi76

We use The Grace for work and just off George St in CBD - nice old building complete with an Irish Pub in bottom corner. Its more middle of town centre but easy access to sights and food/drink - not sure how price compares with flasher ones already noted.
Sydney is right with exchange rate as even Kiwi $ was good when visiting UK last year.
I'm in Perth for Xmas and hadn't thought of test...can have too much of your Mother-in-law though
Sydney hotel advice on 07:32 - Mar 21 with 1733 viewsqprmick

We stayed at the Mercure in George St, just refurbished and walking distance to Darling Harbour and Central Railway and plenty of buses and cabs.

Qprmick

Sydney hotel advice on 08:26 - Mar 21 with 1720 viewsSydneyRs

I've stayed at the Mercure a few times. Not the most glamourous end of the city centre but handy to most things with Central station on the doorstep. A bit cheaper than there others too, I have got some pretty good deals there. 4 star sort of standard so not too bad if economy is a concern.

Worth signing up as a member of Accor hotels (do it online) if the Mercure is of interest. They have sales every few months with sometimes very good discounts and emails are sent to those signed up. Would mean booking much closer to the time though.
Login to get fewer ads

Sydney hotel advice on 08:40 - Mar 21 with 1711 viewsdanehoop

Used these people last time I stayed in Sydney. Good accommodation, deinitely value for money, good locations and worked out much cheaper than hotels we found. Recommend them.

http://www.meritonapartments.com.au/sydney

Never knowingly understood

Sydney hotel advice on 08:40 - Mar 21 with 1711 viewsdanehoop

Used these people last time I stayed in Sydney. Good accommodation, deinitely value for money, good locations and worked out much cheaper than hotels we found. Recommend them.

http://www.meritonapartments.com.au/sydney

Never knowingly understood

Sydney hotel advice on 12:38 - Mar 21 with 1675 viewsmarky67

i stayed in the gainsborough appartments on darling harbour when i was over there last year. can`t remember how much it cost to stay there as my mate booked it but it was a good place to stay, large living room, kitchen with all mod cons main bedroom with en suite.

word of warning, perth is much more expensive than sydney, especially beer prices average $10 aus compared to $7-10 in sydney. something to do with the gold rush in western australia has pushed prices up there horrendously.
Sydney hotel advice on 13:08 - Mar 21 with 1662 viewsMrSheen

Sydney hotel advice on 04:08 - Mar 21 by Kiwi76

We use The Grace for work and just off George St in CBD - nice old building complete with an Irish Pub in bottom corner. Its more middle of town centre but easy access to sights and food/drink - not sure how price compares with flasher ones already noted.
Sydney is right with exchange rate as even Kiwi $ was good when visiting UK last year.
I'm in Perth for Xmas and hadn't thought of test...can have too much of your Mother-in-law though

I stayed in the Grace a couple of years ago - in fact, I saw our promotion party against Leeds in the Irish bar. It was so loud in there I couldn't hear the commentators talking about the tribunal confirming our relegation so I couldn't work out why everyone was celebrating at first.

The Grace is a lovely old building, and there are some fun after-work type pubs around it. I doubt it has a pool though, not that I would have looked fo rit.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024