Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Remember the Mirror's Paul Smith from Faurlingate? 10:33 - Apr 7 with 9777 viewsngbqpr

Just absolutely pasted us on Sky

"Mess on & off the pitch"

Fernandes "biggest joke Chairman in League...should keep his mouth shut"

Speaking the unspeakable truth...or someone who's lost his sources at the club? Discuss

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Remember the Mirror's Paul Smith from Faurlingate? on 10:49 - Apr 7 with 6540 viewsonlyrinmoray

Just watched this as well What a sneering mess of a man /journalist " I would love just love it " if we stayed up. I assume he wont be going to any more games at Loftus Rd . I dont and never will buy a Sunday Mirror after his performance this morning Note the looks on the other journos when hes speaking ...prat
Remember the Mirror's Paul Smith from Faurlingate? on 11:03 - Apr 7 with 6477 viewsCamberleyR

I watched it as well, what a bitter tw@t. What's his beef?
Just looked at his Twitter account, @Smudge1962 if anybody wants to give him some abuse on Twitter, jesus, how is that bloke a journalist?

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Remember the Mirror's Paul Smith from Faurlingate? on 11:08 - Apr 7 with 6453 viewsRedbourneR

Smith 'wrote' Simon Jordan's book for him, and pleased Simon Jordan so much with the work he did on it that Jordan took it back off him and wrote it all himself in the end. There's the measure of the man.
Remember the Mirror's Paul Smith from Faurlingate? on 11:23 - Apr 7 with 6383 viewsthame_hoops

hes a mate, tbh what hes saying isn't far off the truth apart from the fernandez bit

edit- i say mate, more of an acquaintance. he left the sunday mirror to work for the Sunday sun, then he disappeared lol i dare someone to ask him why he left the sun :O
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Remember the Mirror's Paul Smith from Faurlingate? on 11:45 - Apr 7 with 6307 viewsTHEBUSH

Why pick on TF, he's done his best for us, hasn't worked out, but not from the want of trying
Remember the Mirror's Paul Smith from Faurlingate? on 11:51 - Apr 7 with 6279 viewsngbqpr

Remember the Mirror's Paul Smith from Faurlingate? on 11:23 - Apr 7 by thame_hoops

hes a mate, tbh what hes saying isn't far off the truth apart from the fernandez bit

edit- i say mate, more of an acquaintance. he left the sunday mirror to work for the Sunday sun, then he disappeared lol i dare someone to ask him why he left the sun :O

...but the Fernandes bit was delivered with particular vitriol so can't be ignored

Has TF made mistakes? Undoubtedly. Does he deserve that attack with no right of reply - debateable at best.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Remember the Mirror's Paul Smith from Faurlingate? on 12:17 - Apr 7 with 6210 viewsPilky

"Mess on & off the pitch"

"biggest joke Chairman in League...should keep his mouth shut"

I assume he backed such statements up with...you know... FACTS?!
Remember the Mirror's Paul Smith from Faurlingate? on 12:20 - Apr 7 with 6194 viewsdaveB

over the top as ever from him but some of what he said was pretty much bang on, much has to change whatever division we are in and Fernandes for all his effort has to take a share of the blame although that rant did appear to be a bit personal
Login to get fewer ads

Remember the Mirror's Paul Smith from Faurlingate? on 12:24 - Apr 7 with 6178 viewsflynnbo

Nasty little tinpot "journalist". Interesting to hear the presenter at the end stating that those were Smith's view's about QPR. Other journalists looked quite shocked /embarrassed by his vitriolic outburst.
Remember the Mirror's Paul Smith from Faurlingate? on 12:33 - Apr 7 with 6146 viewsNorthernr

We are a mess on and off the pitch.
Remember the Mirror's Paul Smith from Faurlingate? on 12:36 - Apr 7 with 6131 viewsQPR_John

Remember the Mirror's Paul Smith from Faurlingate? on 12:33 - Apr 7 by Northernr

Maybe but there is the professional way to discuss it and there is Paul Smith's way
Remember the Mirror's Paul Smith from Faurlingate? on 12:40 - Apr 7 with 6108 viewsNorthernr

Remember the Mirror's Paul Smith from Faurlingate? on 12:36 - Apr 7 by QPR_John

Maybe but there is the professional way to discuss it and there is Paul Smith's way

Yeh he has always come across as a smarmy arshole, but QPR is not well run and the love for Fernandes will evaporate completely if they get the season ticket prices wrong - which I suspect they will.
Remember the Mirror's Paul Smith from Faurlingate? on 12:52 - Apr 7 with 6069 viewsessextaxiboy

We will be back . If I were Fernandes I.would kick the Mirror journalist out just before.kick off today using the biggest ugliest security I could . Then ban them .
Remember the Mirror's Paul Smith from Faurlingate? on 12:52 - Apr 7 with 6051 viewsSpiritofGregory

Remember the Mirror's Paul Smith from Faurlingate? on 11:45 - Apr 7 by THEBUSH

Why pick on TF, he's done his best for us, hasn't worked out, but not from the want of trying

Done his best?

Don't know about you but the last 2 seasons have been a nightmare. Our transfer policy is an absolute joke and that's down to him. The guy knows nothing about sport, look at his F1 racing team. He let his ego get the better of him, should have left Amit in charge.

There's no getting away from it, if we get relegated and don't come straight back up, we are in big trouble.
Remember the Mirror's Paul Smith from Faurlingate? on 12:53 - Apr 7 with 6064 viewsTheBlob

Remember the Mirror's Paul Smith from Faurlingate? on 12:33 - Apr 7 by Northernr

Typical journos sticking up for each other.

I imagine he'll expect the Daily Gibber to be welcomed with open arms at HQ after this bollocks?

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Remember the Mirror's Paul Smith from Faurlingate? on 12:57 - Apr 7 with 6042 viewsNW5Hoop

Yes, we are a mess on and off the pitch.
Yes, Fernandes has had a shocking 20 months in charge of the club.
Remember the Mirror's Paul Smith from Faurlingate? on 13:05 - Apr 7 with 6008 viewsNorthernr

Remember the Mirror's Paul Smith from Faurlingate? on 12:53 - Apr 7 by TheBlob

Typical journos sticking up for each other.

I imagine he'll expect the Daily Gibber to be welcomed with open arms at HQ after this bollocks?

Look Paul Smith always comes across as an arshole to me, but I'm telling you now that in two months time when Phil Beard tells you it's going to cost £700-£800 for a Championship season ticket next year then suddenly everybody on this thread slagging Smith off will be saying exactly the same thing - i.e. we're badly run and the board hasn't got much of a clue.

because it's some sleazy Mirror journalist mouthing off in an exaggerated and deliberately offensive way everybody will rail against it, because we're QPR fans and it's our club. But QPR is badly run, the evidence seeps out of every poor of the club, and those making excuses for that will only do so for another 6-8 weeks. Then the season ticket prices will come out and suddenly people will be saying exactly the same thing as Smith.
Remember the Mirror's Paul Smith from Faurlingate? on 13:09 - Apr 7 with 5992 viewsMatch82

Remember the Mirror's Paul Smith from Faurlingate? on 13:05 - Apr 7 by Northernr

Look Paul Smith always comes across as an arshole to me, but I'm telling you now that in two months time when Phil Beard tells you it's going to cost £700-£800 for a Championship season ticket next year then suddenly everybody on this thread slagging Smith off will be saying exactly the same thing - i.e. we're badly run and the board hasn't got much of a clue.

because it's some sleazy Mirror journalist mouthing off in an exaggerated and deliberately offensive way everybody will rail against it, because we're QPR fans and it's our club. But QPR is badly run, the evidence seeps out of every poor of the club, and those making excuses for that will only do so for another 6-8 weeks. Then the season ticket prices will come out and suddenly people will be saying exactly the same thing as Smith.

I don't think it's as much about his opinion, which is probably not far from the truth, but more about the bitter and vindictive way he's gone about expressing it.
Remember the Mirror's Paul Smith from Faurlingate? on 13:09 - Apr 7 with 5991 viewsMatch82

Remember the Mirror's Paul Smith from Faurlingate? on 13:05 - Apr 7 by Northernr

I don't think it's as much about his opinion, which is probably not far from the truth, but more about the bitter and vindictive way he's gone about expressing it.
Remember the Mirror's Paul Smith from Faurlingate? on 13:09 - Apr 7 with 5990 viewsMatch82

Remember the Mirror's Paul Smith from Faurlingate? on 13:10 - Apr 7 with 5988 viewsTheBlob

And so the " "biggest joke Chairman in League...should keep his mouth shut" jibe is justified then?I suppose only a member of Her Majesty's Press could utter thus and then expect to get their noses in the victim's free booze.

Remember the Mirror's Paul Smith from Faurlingate? on 13:11 - Apr 7 with 5979 viewsNorthernr

Remember the Mirror's Paul Smith from Faurlingate? on 13:10 - Apr 7 by TheBlob

And so the " "biggest joke Chairman in League...should keep his mouth shut" jibe is justified then?I suppose only a member of Her Majesty's Press could utter thus and then expect to get their noses in the victim's free booze.

Like I say, Smith is an arshole, but two months time Fernandes will potentially be getting much worse on here from the club's own supporters.
Remember the Mirror's Paul Smith from Faurlingate? on 13:14 - Apr 7 with 5958 viewsTheBlob

Remember the Mirror's Paul Smith from Faurlingate? on 13:11 - Apr 7 by Northernr

Like I say, Smith is an arshole, but two months time Fernandes will potentially be getting much worse on here from the club's own supporters.

Not from me he won't.

Appreciation seeps out of every pore.

Remember the Mirror's Paul Smith from Faurlingate? on 13:17 - Apr 7 with 5941 viewsNorthernr

Remember the Mirror's Paul Smith from Faurlingate? on 13:14 - Apr 7 by TheBlob

Not from me he won't.

Appreciation seeps out of every pore.

Ok, well he'll get it from the people who are going to have to cough up £700-£800 for Championship football and if that is the case then he'll deserve it.
Remember the Mirror's Paul Smith from Faurlingate? on 13:22 - Apr 7 with 5912 viewsAntti_Heinola

Remember the Mirror's Paul Smith from Faurlingate? on 12:52 - Apr 7 by SpiritofGregory

Done his best?

Don't know about you but the last 2 seasons have been a nightmare. Our transfer policy is an absolute joke and that's down to him. The guy knows nothing about sport, look at his F1 racing team. He let his ego get the better of him, should have left Amit in charge.

There's no getting away from it, if we get relegated and don't come straight back up, we are in big trouble.

No, it's not down to him - at least not totally. He trusted someone who most people believed was a good manager in Hughes to bring in a team to do all that and he backed them. You are right, he doesn't know how to run a sports team, that's why he employed people to do that job who had done that job at bigger clubs than ours. Those people failed and therefore we can say in hindsight that TF made the wrong appointments. Perhaps he was naiive, but most pundits had us finishing well above relegation, however much it seemed we were buying too much and too old.

I remember we had a chairman not too long ago who was castigated for daring to sell players who actually weren't that great (see: Camp, Lee) and for trying to influence who we signed and what the manager did. Now, quite possibly TF has gone too far the other way, but I bet we don't even know half the story. We don't know who his backers are and what pressure they are putting on to make big signings to stay in the division. As usual, these things are far more complex than many people make out. We are, however, in a mess! That much I agree with. And when we go down the ST prices are going to be crucial in what sort of support TF continues to receive.

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024