Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players owe it to us to keep fighting 16:48 - Apr 16 with 2585 viewsPhilmyRs

I think we’re very much favourites to go down. Not great with percentages, but would probably put it at about a 5% chance of escaping, but whilst there’s a chance you have to at least try. I was as disappointed as anyone with Saturday’s performance. The lack of effort seemed to suggest the players have all but resigned themselves to relegation and are planning their next career move or summer holiday to forget their feeble efforts. This is criminal. Whilst fans are paying to watch the club, whilst we have a mathematical chance of surviving, whilst we can inflict Football pain on Stoke, whilst there are games to be played, we have to try and win Football matches.

This time next week if Wigan lose at West Ham, Reading beat Norwich, Sunderland lose to Everton and United beat Villa, I don’t know about you but I’d be sitting here thinking had we won against Stoke (a very ordinary team in my opinion) it would have at least been an interesting game with Reading. Should results play out like I’ve listed above, were we to then beat Reading, we would be a maximum 5 points off relegation, and possibly 4 with 3 games left. Villa play Sunderland, Stoke play Norwich so regardless of winners we would be 4/5 points off someone. That’s ignoring Wigan who if they fail to win against Spurs before we play Reading, could mean we’re only 1 point off them come close of play a week on Sunday.

Clawing back 4 points from 3 games is achievable, and would at least make the Arsenal 17:30 game a good watch with a cracking atmosphere. I know it’s extremely likely we’re down, but the players owe it to us to at least fight until the lights go out. If we put in a half hearted display against Stoke and lose and results go our way it will indeed be ‘typical Rangers’.

Sunderland (Everton home, Villa away, Stoke home)
Stoke (us, Norwich home, Sunderland away)
Villa (Manu U away, Sunderland home, Norwich away)
Wigan (Man City away, West Ham away, Tottenham home)
Norwich (Reading home, Stoke away, Villa home)
Players owe it to us to keep fighting on 16:57 - Apr 16 with 2553 viewsToast_R

You need to let it go son... let it go.

We've got more chance of tumbling down a time warp and signing Pele.

Players owe it to us to keep fighting on 16:58 - Apr 16 with 2551 viewsDieByYourSide

Did you not watch the Everton game???

Poll: And it's hi ho

Players owe it to us to keep fighting on 17:53 - Apr 16 with 2476 viewsJuzzie

None of the last half-dozen games have played out like we thought they would, or could, and I'm under no illusions the remaining ones will too.

Enjoy the last few games as much as we can and enjoy the likes of Remy and Townsend because that will be it for at least a year.

Players owe it to us to keep fighting on 18:00 - Apr 16 with 2461 viewsessextaxiboy

It would be nice to drag the Stokies into it .

We owe them after the Goal Keeper attack saga .
Players owe it to us to keep fighting on 18:08 - Apr 16 with 2445 viewsJonDoeman

Players owe it to us to keep fighting on 18:00 - Apr 16 by essextaxiboy

It would be nice to drag the Stokies into it .

We owe them after the Goal Keeper attack saga .

The Stoke players will be going to war, ours are going on their holidays

It Is What It Is !!

Players owe it to us to keep fighting on 18:21 - Apr 16 with 2428 viewsMedwayR

Keep fighting?

When did they start fighting?!?

Poll: Who’s better?

Players owe it to us to keep fighting on 18:47 - Apr 16 with 2399 viewsPhilmyRs

Players owe it to us to keep fighting on 16:58 - Apr 16 by DieByYourSide

Did you not watch the Everton game???

Exactly my point.

If we won our remaining 5 games I'm confident we would survive. I don't think we will but there's a chance. I appreciate there's more chance we'll be relegated if results go against us but Whilst there's a chance the players should be putting everything into it. On Saturday they didn't. I felt it was half hearted and let everyone down, as has been pointed out, something they've done a lot of this season.

Against Stoke on Saturday if I don't see 100% commitment from every player, with them trying to win the game, I'll be livid, If you go down, go down fighting and taking other dislikable teams with you.

Players owe it to us to keep fighting on 20:13 - Apr 16 with 2369 viewsandygg

Players owe it to us to keep fighting on 18:21 - Apr 16 by MedwayR

Keep fighting?

When did they start fighting?!?

Exactly.
They've made poor Arry even more of a twitching wreck.
Login to get fewer ads

Players owe it to us to keep fighting on 21:13 - Apr 16 with 2324 viewsStanisgod

Players owe it to us to keep fighting on 18:47 - Apr 16 by PhilmyRs

Exactly my point.

If we won our remaining 5 games I'm confident we would survive. I don't think we will but there's a chance. I appreciate there's more chance we'll be relegated if results go against us but Whilst there's a chance the players should be putting everything into it. On Saturday they didn't. I felt it was half hearted and let everyone down, as has been pointed out, something they've done a lot of this season.

Against Stoke on Saturday if I don't see 100% commitment from every player, with them trying to win the game, I'll be livid, If you go down, go down fighting and taking other dislikable teams with you.

You'll be livid. I'm sure that will spur them on.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Players owe it to us to keep fighting on 22:21 - Apr 16 with 2276 viewsTGRRRSSS

Love the optimism, but I think you need to get some help if you think most of this lot will do anything now be lucky to get something at Fakes now for me.
Only focus left would be to at least finish above them which is more money just about.
Players owe it to us to keep fighting on 22:23 - Apr 16 with 2274 viewsDesertBoot

Looked like our players called an end to the season on Clints og

Wish I could be like David Watts

Players owe it to us to keep fighting on 23:10 - Apr 16 with 2240 viewsPhilmyRs

Players owe it to us to keep fighting on 22:21 - Apr 16 by TGRRRSSS

Love the optimism, but I think you need to get some help if you think most of this lot will do anything now be lucky to get something at Fakes now for me.
Only focus left would be to at least finish above them which is more money just about.

I felt they put a shift in last home game. We lose and we're officially relegated bar the mathematics. I don't want us to roll over for stoke, I want the same commitment as Wigan. I've already said after the everton performance I fear the worst but stoke and reading are 2 clubs that always irritate people, would be nice to beat them both. Play like we did Sunday with llittle appetite for the fight and we will be walked all over by fuc*ing stoke of all teams. You can see it happening unfortunately.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024