Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Game of Thrones 03:20 - Jun 4 with 16700 viewsKiwi76

Better than The Wire?

One episode to go in Series 3 and not looking to drop spoilers that was some penultimate...
Few on here watching judging by other thread - thoughts?
Game of Thrones on 14:15 - Apr 4 with 2543 viewsBluce_Ree

Season 4 of Breaking Bad is the best season of anything that has ever been.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2014 14:16]

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Game of Thrones on 22:24 - Apr 14 with 2452 viewsRs_Holy

Game of Thrones on 22:36 - Apr 14 with 2433 viewsKiwi76

Game of Thrones on 22:24 - Apr 14 by Rs_Holy

Brilliant episode but will wait for everyone to catch up - see Guardian blog was posted too early.
Game of Thrones on 22:47 - Apr 14 with 2420 viewsRs_Holy

Game of Thrones on 22:36 - Apr 14 by Kiwi76

Brilliant episode but will wait for everyone to catch up - see Guardian blog was posted too early.

Didn't see that coming!... Brilliant stuff
Game of Thrones on 23:16 - Apr 14 with 2398 viewsDevonWhite

Sigur Ros cameo as well
Game of Thrones on 23:55 - Apr 14 with 2374 viewsPunteR

For some reason i havnt got into Game of thrones yet,or breaking bad
Sopranos was excellent ,i still haven't seen all the last series though. The wire was good and i thought the last series of Boardwalk empire was very good almost as good as the 1st series.
I think Tolkiens world is superb and the latest The desolation of Smaug was one of the best films and maybe I'm just trying to compare GOT to the peter Jackson films.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Game of Thrones on 00:18 - Apr 15 with 2367 viewsTacticalR

I am not sure if you can compare GOT and The Hobbit/LOTR directly (or if there is any need to). What both Tolkien and Martin have done is created a world.

Air hostess clique

Game of Thrones on 08:44 - Apr 15 with 2325 viewsDiscodroid

once in a while something, so good comes on tv , you just have to have the box set..ie 'red riding' , 'shadow line' sod 'the following' and all that other crock of shit thats for minecraft/hobbit/wood elf fans.

'true detective' was for people who dont watch ant and dec's saturday night take away and britains got no talent.

that inbred noble savage /child murderer with the scars was off the charts .

when hes mentally retarded concubine complained that he "had'nt made flower"s with her" he put this deaths head hag on his knee, and in sweet county mayo brogue , got her to talk about her grandad shagging her in the fields 'with the sun on her back". " tell me in detail with your slow, slow head"while he brutally went about his business

or when he was in his laura ashley slaughter house, (with his victims knickers and pants everywhere like macabre scatter cushions ) stamping on his dog and shouting out 'sorry old boy" in clipped james mason tones , wandering the sick den of spunk and blood and delivering a dirk bogard inspired soliloquy as if he were in the parlour in 'the remains of the day'.

a buffalo bill meets ted bundy meets lord mountbatten meets a redneck on PCP.

fack me i thought.. im in the presence of something special here.
fcking great tv 10/10. . if you havnt seen it, watch it gentlemen, if you get the chance.

matthew mcconaughey on cans of 'lone star beer gives the best performance i have seen since dennis hopper in 'blue velvet' of deniro in 'angel heart' or mark strong in 'the long firm'.

orcs and elves need not apply.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2014 9:07]

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Login to get fewer ads

Game of Thrones on 10:38 - Apr 15 with 2283 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Game of Thrones on 08:44 - Apr 15 by Discodroid

once in a while something, so good comes on tv , you just have to have the box set..ie 'red riding' , 'shadow line' sod 'the following' and all that other crock of shit thats for minecraft/hobbit/wood elf fans.

'true detective' was for people who dont watch ant and dec's saturday night take away and britains got no talent.

when hes mentally retarded concubine complained that he "had'nt made flower"s with her" he put this deaths head hag on his knee, and in sweet county mayo brogue , got her to talk about her grandad shagging her in the fields 'with the sun on her back". " tell me in detail with your slow, slow head"while he brutally went about his business

or when he was in his laura ashley slaughter house, (with his victims knickers and pants everywhere like macabre scatter cushions ) stamping on his dog and shouting out 'sorry old boy" in clipped james mason tones , wandering the sick den of spunk and blood and delivering a dirk bogard inspired soliloquy as if he were in the parlour in 'the remains of the day'.

fcking great tv 10/10. . if you havnt seen it, watch it gentlemen, if you get the chance.

matthew mcconaughey on cans of 'lone star beer gives the best performance i have seen since dennis hopper in 'blue velvet' of deniro in 'angel heart' or mark strong in 'the long firm'.

WOAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SPOILERS!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Game of Thrones on 11:27 - Apr 15 with 2241 viewsDiscodroid

s'alright bri.

no one reads my stream of consciousness posts (other than my niche audience blob and pommy) anyway !!!

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Game of Thrones on 11:32 - Apr 15 with 2238 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Game of Thrones on 11:27 - Apr 15 by Discodroid

s'alright bri.

no one reads my stream of consciousness posts (other than my niche audience blob and pommy) anyway !!!

No damage done, Disco. Managed to stop up lively.

You can add me to your fan list, by the way!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Game of Thrones on 11:46 - Apr 15 with 2230 viewsDiscodroid

Game of Thrones on 11:32 - Apr 15 by BrianMcCarthy

No damage done, Disco. Managed to stop up lively.

You can add me to your fan list, by the way!

ive always thought of you as kindred spirit bri!!

PMA# ! AS MICKEY NORCROSS FROM TOWIES SUGAR HUT WOULD SAY!!!!

Game of Thrones on 13:14 - Apr 15 with 2186 viewsSydneyRs

This
Game of Thrones on 20:57 - Apr 15 with 2117 viewsjamois

e) all of the above

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Game of Thrones on 22:39 - Apr 15 with 2079 viewsNathanNI

Just watched the latest episode of GOT.

Excellent. No spoilers, just excellent.
Game of Thrones on 00:06 - Apr 16 with 2050 viewsKiwi76

Really liked True Detective - thought the ending went on a bit with "sky at night" and should've just ended with them giving each other the finger in hospital.
Hard to compare that double act to GoT though with something like 70+ characters.

Just to shout out to Wire fans - reading a book by its creator David Simon and shite its bleak set on a corner in Baltimore - scary stuff on how that drug economy works and how little chance locals have to get out of that cycle
Game of Thrones on 08:49 - Apr 16 with 1991 viewstoboboly

Game of Thrones on 00:06 - Apr 16 by Kiwi76

Really liked True Detective - thought the ending went on a bit with "sky at night" and should've just ended with them giving each other the finger in hospital.
Hard to compare that double act to GoT though with something like 70+ characters.

Just to shout out to Wire fans - reading a book by its creator David Simon and shite its bleak set on a corner in Baltimore - scary stuff on how that drug economy works and how little chance locals have to get out of that cycle

I bought Homicide: A Year on the Killing Streets a little while ago. Haven't read it yet but got good reviews.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Game of Thrones on 08:56 - Apr 16 with 1987 viewssimmo

Game of Thrones on 22:39 - Apr 15 by NathanNI

Just watched the latest episode of GOT.

Excellent. No spoilers, just excellent.

Watched it last night, although already had a clue as accidentally saw the spolier online yesterday... They are not hanging about building in this season, it's all go from the off! Also there is so much going on now, we didn't even touch on 2-3 of the big subplots this episode.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Game of Thrones on 09:34 - Apr 16 with 1976 viewsJeff

I know that this is a Game of Thrones thread, but replying to earlier posts, i really didn't like the last episode of True Detective.

I thought the first 7 episodes were absolute masterpieces, in particular the McConaughey interviews with the Lone Star Lager, but the last one almost had a 'buddy cop' feel about it, with cliches all over the place.

Whilst the bad guy was great as Discodroid pointed out, with the James Mason style accents and talk about 'making flowers', i found the climactic scene far too predictable, and was left underwhelmed as a result.

And when Marty made the Green Ears / Paint link, it *almost* jumped the shark entirely...

Can we not knock it?

Game of Thrones on 09:50 - Apr 16 with 1973 viewstinhead

Game of Thrones on 11:37 - Jun 4 by Orthodox_Hoop

I'm finally getting my teeth into Steven Erikson's Malazan Book of the Fallen... much recommended, especially by Talli

Now those books are complex!

love them though

Puny God!

Game of Thrones on 10:58 - Apr 16 with 1942 viewsLimehouseR

Game of Thrones on 00:06 - Apr 16 by Kiwi76

RE: The wire.

Certain areas of London are slowly falling in to similar circumstances. I know that it's not on the same level and that we have better living conditions (to an extent) but believe me there are young people growing up now in some areas in our capital that have to be mentally tough to survive what's going on.
Game of Thrones on 12:09 - Aug 21 with 1073 viewsFDC

What do people think of Season 7?

Got to admit S7E6 (released by HBO early by mistake, available online so no spoilers), is the point at which it's really starting to test my patience.

The writing was always going to get weaker once they left the books, but the story line is now so transparently about drawing lines between big set pieces, rather than the set pieces arising naturally from the story line.

The whole thing about trying to capture a zombie north of the wall to show to Cersei is so, so stupid.
Game of Thrones on 12:45 - Aug 21 with 1029 viewsTacticalR

It does seem inordinately slow.

The only time I can remember that happening before was the interminable debate about the virtues of slavery and the governance of Meereen.

Maybe it's suffering from the lack of new characters and material as everything is tied off and tidied up on all the existing characters and plots?

I am still quite enjoying it though.

Air hostess clique

Game of Thrones on 13:04 - Aug 21 with 992 viewsMatch82

Game of Thrones on 12:09 - Aug 21 by FDC

What do people think of Season 7?

Got to admit S7E6 (released by HBO early by mistake, available online so no spoilers), is the point at which it's really starting to test my patience.

The writing was always going to get weaker once they left the books, but the story line is now so transparently about drawing lines between big set pieces, rather than the set pieces arising naturally from the story line.

The whole thing about trying to capture a zombie north of the wall to show to Cersei is so, so stupid.

Quite enjoying it to be honest. Definitely has a different feel to the other seasons and you can tell that they are rushing a little. First few seasons had the benefit of being "real" and could focus on every day interactions and category developments, whereas now they need to move towards some kind of end game, which never really happens in reality. Perhaps that is where some of the forced feeling is coming in.
Game of Thrones on 13:12 - Aug 21 with 978 viewsPunteR

Just started watching the first True detective on Nowtv. Absolutely brilliant.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024